Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Realease the Kraken?

monster death ship an

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

is there actually any solid fact or incident recorded that one of these things attacked a ship? i know they stem from actual giant squid and octopi but is it even possible for one to be the size to take down a full sized scooner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#2    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I think they may mistake the ship for a whale sometimes because there seeing it from the bottom and coming up, but no I dont think theres any reports of them taking down whole ships. There really interesting though

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postkannin, on 21 June 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

is there actually any solid fact or incident recorded that one of these things attacked a ship? i know they stem from actual giant squid and octopi but is it even possible for one to be the size to take down a full sized scooner?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken
indeed

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think when sea creatures were not as hunted or the oceans so ruined ecologically ,they did grow huge .
Allegedly ,the first settlers of the USA ,saw lobsters the size of medium  sized dog .
No one had fished them ,so they grew huge .The ones we see are all tiny babies.
I think giant octopi were often mistaken for sea monsters ,and may have attacked boats .Boats were smaller back in the day .
But probably not since the early 19th century

Miss me?

#5    sards

sards

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 171 posts

• Open Mind

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Large lobsters the size of dogs. Our great great great grandparents were so thoughtless.  Imagine what great curries they would make.

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postsards, on 21 June 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Large lobsters the size of dogs. Our great great great grandparents were so thoughtless.  Imagine what great curries they would make.

Modern man made them an expensive commodity . Most people considered animals like that bugs of the water ,which technically ,they are.

Miss me?

#7    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 21 June 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

I think they may mistake the ship for a whale sometimes because there seeing it from the bottom and coming up, but no I dont think theres any reports of them taking down whole ships. There really interesting though
indeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users