Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

Edward Snowden NSA whistleblower

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,941 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell.

Edward Snowden revealed as NSA whistleblower: ‘I have no intention of hiding’

The man lives in fear for telling the truth.  I wonder if he will be arrested.

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostHilander, on 10 June 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

The man lives in fear for telling the truth.  I wonder if he will be arrested.

This is the government and administration that has persecuted the most whistleblowers, so yes, he probably will be. I think what he did was incredibly brave, and he knew what would probably happen. But, the people of America deserve to know what is going on. He did a great thing. Hope more will follow his example....

#3    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

It saddens me to think of all the people who stand by the government to say he is a threat to the country... They will find out one day what the real threat is.

As for what this brave man did for his country and the sacrifices he has made for it. None of those so-called "patriots" would ever do the same.

All the best to him and he has my support.

There are laws. Then their are justifiable laws. He has just broken the former.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 June 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

It saddens me to think of all the people who stand by the government to say he is a threat to the country... They will find out one day what the real threat is.

As for what this brave man did for his country and the sacrifices he has made for it. None of those so-called "patriots" would ever do the same.

All the best to him and he has my support.

There are laws. Then their are justifiable laws. He has just broken the former.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#5    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,774 posts

• ראה

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

An open invitation to the thieves and robbers of liberty at the NSA, their affiliates, their minders, and all those corruptors of everything we hold dear.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#6    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

It's safe to say that there are patriotic people in all governmental spheres. They love their country and Constitution, and they watch those who don't. They check the abuse, and they balance the excess. These scores of individuals, embedded in all alphabet agencies, are sentinels who remember what true liberty is.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,146 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

This guy use to make 200k and he now gives it all up to tell the truth.

This is a brave person we should all be proud of. Thank god some people still have courage :gun:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,774 posts

• ראה

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 10 June 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

This guy use to make 200k and he now gives it all up to tell the truth.

This is a brave person we should all be proud of. Thank god some people still have courage :gun:
He should have protection also.

Smitten Semi Cameroon

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#9    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,774 posts

• ראה

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Here's an interview with Bob Baer, and former CIA analyst who now works for CNN.

Get this; he said that Edward Snowden should have gone to Sweden, to avoid suspicion of espionage or collusion with the Chinese government.

What a ridiculous statement, given what we know about Julian Assange's experience there, since I'm 99% sure he was set up by the intelligence community.

This "analyst" has no credibility in my mind, whatsoever, and it makes me sick to see anyone like this on television, after what we're finding out.

If the Chinese had anything to do with this, then God Bless The Chinese!

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,599 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I pray that Snowden can get away from the clutches of the NSA.  I think the guy is a hero for what he did.  I think Babe Ruth will call me a hypocrite over this one.  I am all for Bradley Manning being convicted and serving jail time for his WikiLeaks crime.  The difference for me...the WHOLE difference is the positions held by the individuals.  Snowden is a civilian employee of the government and while he probably took an oath, he did not wear the uniform.  When US Army or other service members can decide on their own to go outside the chain of command and break secrecy against direct orders then they endanger our country - something they are sworn NOT to do.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,941 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 10 June 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

It's safe to say that there are patriotic people in all governmental spheres. They love their country and Constitution, and they watch those who don't. They check the abuse, and they balance the excess. These scores of individuals, embedded in all alphabet agencies, are sentinels who remember what true liberty is.
I'm afraid the day will come there is no longer anyone anywhere that remembers what true liberty is.

#12    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

View Postand then, on 10 June 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I pray that Snowden can get away from the clutches of the NSA.  I think the guy is a hero for what he did.  I think Babe Ruth will call me a hypocrite over this one.  I am all for Bradley Manning being convicted and serving jail time for his WikiLeaks crime.  The difference for me...the WHOLE difference is the positions held by the individuals.  Snowden is a civilian employee of the government and while he probably took an oath, he did not wear the uniform.  When US Army or other service members can decide on their own to go outside the chain of command and break secrecy against direct orders then they endanger our country - something they are sworn NOT to do.

No, I'll not call you a hypocrite over this.  I admire you for speaking out in support of Snowden.

For other reasons, you are simply unable to recognize that what Snowden did and what Manning did are the same thing--an expose of government crimes.  Most likely because you had been thoroughly convinced that Manning was a bad guy, and after committing you had no room to maneuver to save face.

Both men have done the same thing as Ellsberg did--expose the crimes of government.  It does not matter whether the whistleblower wears a uniform or not.

#13    Thanato

Thanato

Alien Abducter

• 4,532 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Babe, what the two did us similar in one regard but vastly different in everything else. They both released a secret held by the US government.

However what Snowden dd I release something that goes against the laws of the land.

What the Private did was betray his position release hundreds of thousands of files the majority of which where not illegal just classified.

That difference makes the two. The Private deserves his punishment where Snowden has done no such thing.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#14    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,276 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

after reading some ppls posts, and knowing quite a few similar ppl in person. i realy wonder, why???? why ruin your life ? for what? for privacy of sheeps that can't even value it?  fight for rights that ppl don't even want?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#15    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,172 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postaztek, on 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

after reading some ppls posts, and knowing quite a few similar ppl in person. i realy wonder, why???? why ruin your life ? for what? for privacy of sheeps that can't even value it?  fight for rights that ppl don't even want?
He said that he didn't do it for others, he did it for himself.  He doesn't want to live in the world we're finding ourselves in and sacrificed his career, and possibly freedom, to try and change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users