Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Random Vibrations in bed

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,454 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 13 March 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Okay I've finished wiping away the tears of laughter and got rid of smutty vibrating toy thoughts.

It sounds like your mattress or bed springs are old.
You are so off the mark. You should read through the thread. This is actually quit common.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#77    Limeade Lily

Limeade Lily

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• "Be like the bird that feels the branches tumble from beneath her, and yet continues her song, knowing she has wings."

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

It's strange, but this exact same thing happened to me last night. The bed wasn't shaking violently, but vibrating like yours, so I sat up and tried to determine it's source, but couldn't. I felt the mattress with my hands and I knew that I was really feeling it. It lasted for what felt like forever...maybe a minute? I checked for earthquakes in my area and there were none. Zip. Notta. I'm a little freaked out...but am trying to remain calm. I have a fan that I face towards my bed however. I wonder if the vibrations could've been caused by it?

*~Limeadelily~*

"The measure of a person's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas Macaulay

#78    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Free vibrating bed, sounds like a good deal. Unless of course there's something sinister about it,

I've got no ideas.

Oh, I didn't read through the thread... :whistle:

Edited by Lrak, 26 July 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#79    Ronseal

Ronseal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• another man's junk is another man's treasure

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

I know what he mean's I sleep on a metal bunk bed, at the top because the bottom is a clothes wrack but I feel vibrations rarely but when it happend's it's like is that the bed or me? its not like your bed is shacking it's actully vibrating.. I call out in my mind stop... but it dont stop... it just stops? I do try to meditate and clear my mind every so often. It is strange. It happend to me last night aswell?

Edited by Ronseal, 26 July 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Every Dog Has His Day

#80    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Never had that happen to me, but I have woken up suddenly because I felt like I was falling.

#81    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,713 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Happened to me but it was just The Beach Boys downstairs practicing.  Good vibrations they were too. :)

#82    SuddenPsychic

SuddenPsychic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

It happens to me,but feels more like something beating on the bed from above rather than shaking from underneath, like a mini-Shiatsu massage.

#83    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

View Postmuddyfrog, on 24 March 2009 - 08:32 PM, said:

QUOTE (Resonance @ Mar 24 2009, 03:19 PM)
Yes, it's one of those things you have to experience yourself. I don't know how to explain it, but twitching is the only 'logical' explanation i can think of.

I wish it were that, but I know it really isn't. You used to think it was ghosts also? That's amazing. That's what I first thought it could be.

I think this may just go unexplained till it occurs again to me, and I can rule out completely, all outside sources. Then, if it happens again, I can then have my girlfriend look me over to rule out all biological sources. After all of which is ruled out, I will then start searching for possible electromagnetic anomolies surrounding myself.... If all is ruled out, I have no further ways to explain this away.

Like most of the strange things that happen to me, this experience follows me. It's not connected to a certain room, a certain house, a certain thought pattern, certain beliefs or anything like that.

I do notice that people who say things like I do, and people who have these strange experiences like I do, and people who think like I do,
all have some similarities.

It's almost all people who became awakened by the good smoke.
It's people who meditate,
it's people who feel that this physical world is but a fraction of the whole.
It's people who have trouble with staying completely permanent in their body.

I wonder if I just started out less connected to this physical world than most people are??
When I was 4 I had experiences with ghosts and god, and not having a body...
I used to think I was the only one who was here, like I was in a giant experiment, and everyone else was in on it.

Not to sound irrational, but I as well have had an encounter with a supposed "God." I say supposed, because I no longer believe in a Christian God, but more of the idea that there is a Supreme Being that started the Universe (whether it be energy itself, or w/e, I don't know).

I could get into that story if you'd like, but won't waste the time typing it out at this time, as it's 2:00 A.M. right now and I need to go to bed.

View PostLimeade Lily, on 26 July 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

It's strange, but this exact same thing happened to me last night. The bed wasn't shaking violently, but vibrating like yours, so I sat up and tried to determine it's source, but couldn't. I felt the mattress with my hands and I knew that I was really feeling it. It lasted for what felt like forever...maybe a minute? I checked for earthquakes in my area and there were none. Zip. Notta. I'm a little freaked out...but am trying to remain calm. I have a fan that I face towards my bed however. I wonder if the vibrations could've been caused by it?

Try not to worry about it, I posted this thread 4 years ago and, since about 2011 I haven't honestly noticed it happen to me again. However, it could just be that I have a lot more to think about than I did in 2008/2009. I am having a baby in 6 months and so I haven't truthfully been paying much attention to see if this phenomenon is happening anymore, I will try to see if it happens tonight and I'll post on here if it does.

Good luck to everybody that knows what I referenced in this thread, it obviously isn't harmful, as I'm still alive. ;)

Take care everyone, talk to you all again soon.

Edited by Resonance, 03 August 2012 - 09:00 AM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#84    dawggone

dawggone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

You are not lyiing.  This happened to me for the first time today.  It was just like my cell phone was on vibrate and was going off.  I thought that is exactly what was happening.  I know I was not asleep because I was annoyed with the vibrating.  I'm a lawyer and with a B.S. in Biology so I'm not given to paranormal fastasy but something happened today that I really can't explain.  Again it was like my cell phone vibrated three or four vibrations then delay then vibrate three or four more times and did this in just like a cell phone.  It has me so concerned at this point that I'm wide awake searching the net for answers when I need to be sleeping.

#85    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

i used to get this this bed shaking thing a lot when i was a kid..  happened less and less as i got older..

(to me) it doesn't span 3-4 seconds (that's actually quite long) ..it's more like it'd be 3-4 really fast shakes  (less than a second)

if it's the same thing i had..the first 3 shakes seemed to be happening in sleep, it's like you wake up on the last shake

Edited by unit, 19 August 2012 - 06:39 PM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#86    jstamp007

jstamp007

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

This has been happening to me for years.  It happens in bed as well as in a recliner that I take naps in.  I'm right on the edge of falling asleep and the bed/recliner starts to shake slightly.  I used to shift my position in order to make it stop.  One night I did an experiment, after coming back awake from the edge of sleep I just layed there with my eyes closed while my bed was shaking.  The bed continued to shake while I layed there wide awake but with my eyes closed.  I layed there while it shook in my estimation for about 20 minutes.  Finally I opened my eyes suddenly hoping that I would see a ghost or something,  I saw nothing but the shaking immediatly stopped when I opened my eyes.  On another night I had a sweatshirt over my head while it started to shake, I opened my eyes suddenly under the sweatshirt and the shaking stopped.  Eventually opening my eyes stopped working.  I am to the point where I actually have to say these words out loud in order to make the shaking stop: "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to stop".  I don't know what I'll do when that stops working.  If anyone ever figures this out please let others know how to deal with it.

Edited by jstamp007, 19 February 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#87    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostResonance, on 11 November 2008 - 05:36 PM, said:

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

I suggest you read my Topic as i have experienced this before. I have experienced the Bed shake before but nothing that you would really take notice of. But this time it felt like it was a ******* Earthquake. I am not even lying. I was just in my Bed minding my own business watching TV when all of a sudden it started shaking and it got really violent and then it just stoped. I was also fully awake and not moving a muscle either.

http://www.unexplain...opic=239880&hl=

Edited by stevemagegod, 22 February 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#88    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostMeiliken, on 24 March 2009 - 10:51 AM, said:

People, all it is, is small random earthquakes.  They happen all the time everywhere.

That's what I thought too. It's happened to me in the bed and on the sofa, even just sitting on it. My first thought was that there was a rumbling under the earth nearby. We don't get earthquakes here but I'm sure those tiny rumblings are everywhere.

Posted Image

#89    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostSpiritTraveler, on 22 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

That's what I thought too. It's happened to me in the bed and on the sofa, even just sitting on it. My first thought was that there was a rumbling under the earth nearby. We don't get earthquakes here but I'm sure those tiny rumblings are everywhere.
Hello again, everybody.

SpiritTraveler, if you read through the entire thread, you will note that (at least, I'm partially certain lol) I already addressed that explanation. I spoke with a seismologist the week of the initial incident and was informed that there were no micro seismic events in our vicinity according to their sensors. I am lucky enough to live and attend a college that is very big on geology and seismology. The earthquake scenario was thrown out a long time ago with me.

I originally posted this thread back in 2008, and it is now 2013. I regularly had these types of experiences for a few years while I practiced Astral Projection and furthered my understanding of lucid dreaming. I can currently induce lucid dreaming but never truly was able to astral project, so I finally gave up on the endeavor. Since giving up on astral projection, the bed shaking ceased entirely. I haven't had the problem, or at least felt any sort of random vibration in bed/sitting since.

Perhaps there is some sort of correlation? Who knows...

Nonetheless, I am a proud father now, and am so busy with college that I have been unable to update this thread. It is nice however, to see that people are still intrigued by the matter, and also interesting to see that numerous other people have witnessed/lived through the experience themselves.

Please, feel free to continue the thread on. I will periodically respond if necessary.

Thanks everybody,

Edited by Resonance, 20 April 2013 - 08:42 AM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#90    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

I have this same experience periodically.  It would wake me with a vibration most accurately described as someone with leg spasms shaking the bed . hubby would be asleep and not shaking and I would be awake enuff to knowit wasnt me  never felt threatning just odd  would last in bursts of approx 5 seconds  had no prob going back to sleep  no paranormal activity in the house and no odd history either  house less than 18 years old, we're the second owners weird but not frightening.  No real explanation.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users