Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Stonehenge and why it was built

stonehenge comet encke

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

Incorrigible Rogue.

• 3,114 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 18 June 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

Have fun!

sure will Arb.!
lots of weird & wonderful people, lots of freaky fungus, the atmosphere of the place itself, you couldn't wish for a better party!!
I just hope that those b***ards at al qaeda don't get wind of it.....
:-)

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#17    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

View Postshrooma, on 18 June 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

sure will Arb.!
lots of weird & wonderful people, lots of freaky fungus, the atmosphere of the place itself, you couldn't wish for a better party!!
I just hope that those b***ards at al qaeda don't get wind of it.....
:-)

They wouldn't dare. They'd ****e their pants after one look at you lot.

#18    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,861 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

View Postshrooma, on 18 June 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

this link really, really needs updating.
public access has been given to the stones for the last 13yrs, but it says we're still denied access!

Posted Image

just in case they try anything next week ... you go git 'em //

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#19    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

View Postshrooma, on 17 June 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

don't suppose you've got any reasoning behind your idea WG?
or why none of the dates mentioned match up with any of the construction phases of stonehenge?
or why the builders chose to alter the design at least five times over a thousand year period to convey the same warning?
or why only stonehenge was meant as a message and not the hundreds of other stone circles in the british isles?

i think it had a important function. a calendar could have been built much smaller and not in stone. i am aware of that the dates dont quite match, but coul it be another comet that they were folowing, or alternative.. a large building with roof. a temple. for a important king or something? could also the first or oldest stonehenge be even older than the present dating says. maybe they removed all evidence as they cleared the site for an even larger structure?

Edited by whitegandalf, 18 June 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#20    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

• Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postshrooma, on 18 June 2013 - 02:12 AM, said:

this link really, really needs updating.
public access has been given to the stones for the last 13yrs, but it says we're still denied access!

The site is updated! The relevant tests have been kept off limit for the general public for 88 years. And still is off limit today.

Why do you say they are available? There are today still 5+ finders around the world, of these important meteorites with possible extraterrestrial fossils that all have been denied testing for many many years, and still are fighting for acess, and trying to prove their stones by alternative means (which take alot of time and money).

Please share your info of the available (for the public) lab and the cost of the relevant tests (if you even know what they are?) Because i dont belive you! Many many people would be incredible happy, if what you state is the true..

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Whitegandalf,

Were you be any chance 'inspired' by what I posted and suggested in the Doggerland thread?

This is from a summary I made of the Doggerland thread:

http://www.unexplain...50#entry3417642

-19- Stonehenge may have been a 'healing' culture, and may also have been a sacred burial ground for the Doggerlanders (- they found postholes dating from 8000 BC - )

-31- Stonehenge and similar structures in the other Brittish Isles and Ireland may have been built by the refugees of Doggerland, but now they used stone instead of oak trees that were abundant on Doggerland.
But not immediately: first they used these oaks (Tara Hill, Ireland, or the wooden structures that preceded Stonehenge).

-32- Most of these structures are connected with some death cult, and on the east coast of England they found the remnants of a wooden circular structure, and a scientist said it was made for the dead, and that the ancients may have ferried their dead across the North Sea, to an 'Island of the Dead'. Dogger Island, perhaps??

-33- The Doggerlanders were whalers (amongst other professions), they were not too afraid to sail the oceans. When they fled after their homeland got flooded, they went to the countries they had encountered during their voyages and hunting parties.

-34-  All over the world, but especially in Scotland, the Brittish Isles in general, and Ireland (and Scandinavia) they found socalled 'cup-and-circle' petroglyphs.

Many of these circles are concentric circles with a 'tail' from center to outer circle, accompanied with 'cups'.

From what I gathered around the internet, these symbols could well represent an impact of a spiralling comet (creating a huge and spectacular image across the ancient heavens) that impacted into the north of the present North Sea (west of Norway), causing the Storegga Slide, and subsequently causing the huge tsumani that flooded the remnants of Doggerland.

Petroglyphs like that are found all over the earth, but most in N/W Europe.

-35- According to one theory, around 6100 BC a swarm of 'bolids' impacted on earth (Tollmann).

-36- More recent and circular labyrinths are - according to me - depictions of this same event. The 'entrance' of the labyrinth being equal to the tail of the spiralling comet (like the 'Hale-Bopp' comet) that destroyed land 6100 BC.

Labyrinths all over the earth have to do with 'death at the center', Death, another life, the afterlife, whatever comes after the maggots start eating our flesh. The center of the spiralling comet was of course the comet itself, the rock that eventually impacted into the North Sea, and caused the death of many thousands of people.

http://www.unexplain...5

Btw, I remember I also said in that thread that circular structures like Stonehenge and similar European ones were erected out of fear and respect for that 'heavenly' phenomenon, an impacting spiraling comet.

All good enough to write a novel about, but is it true and did it all happen like that ?

Edited by Abramelin, 18 June 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#22    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

All good enough to write a novel about, but is it true and did it all happen like that ?

Only time will tell..

Thanks again for relevant and interesting information:)

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,861 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image

hmmm .... interesting ....

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#24    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

There is no doubt.
The evidence is clear.
Good Job!

#25    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,090 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

"Building a henge are we?"

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#26    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postwhitegandalf, on 18 June 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Only time will tell..

Thanks again for relevant and interesting information:)

You're welcome.

I hope this is relevant info too:

'Woodhenge' found in Hill of Tara's soil

Posted Image

Ireland's Stonehenge, a 4,500-year-old structure at the Hill of Tara in Co Meath, has been re-created by archaeologists and computer-graphics experts. They have built a representation of a huge, wooden monument that appears to have been used for inauguration ceremonies and pagan burials of Ireland's high kings.

(...)

Archaeologists believe elaborately decorated timber posts and crossbars rose out of the ditch and surrounded the tomb, which is believed to be Tara's oldest monument. It is estimated the mound was raised in about 3,000BC, making it a contemporary of Stonehenge, the ancient monument in the English county of Wiltshire, and the pyramids of Egypt.

http://www.knowth.com/woodhenge.htm

They have not the faintest clue why that huge structure/henge was built.

Just read the article.

Edited by Abramelin, 18 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#27    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

From the same link in my former post :

Vance believes, however, that the event that led people to change their beliefs was more likely a comet during the Bronze Age, which partly disintegrated and sent fireballs and flaming debris across the sky.

"We see such comet debris as shooting stars in the night sky. To our ancestors, these were terrifying heavenly signs", he said. The comet would also have triggered a dust veil that caused temperatures to plunge. "The old-style temples like Newgrange weren't powerful enough to compete with this new object in the sky," according to the documentary.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 17 June 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I don't think stone age people let alone Druids will know about comets.

I think these people were not blind, but they had their own way of explaining things happening in the skies.

Edited by Abramelin, 18 June 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#28    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

just an idea.. in the oldest of the northern myths, before the flood, the gods feasted in enormous halls. what is strange is that they describes them as having hundreds of doors. these structures, stonehenge and gobekli tepe could be the ruins of these large halls. that the gobekli tepe structures are statues, makes no sense. they also have lots of big holes on top, that could have supported beams and a roof..

Edited by whitegandalf, 18 June 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#29    whitegandalf

whitegandalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

good stuff, thanks

#30    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postwhitegandalf, on 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

just an idea.. in the oldest of the northern myths, before the flood, the gods feasted in enormous halls. what is strange is that they describes them as having hundreds of doors. these structures, stonehenge and gobekli tepe could be the ruins of these large halls. that the gobekli tepe structures are statues, makes no sense. they also have lots of big holes on top, that could have supported beams and a roof..

I have posted about a scientific paper in one of the many Göbekli Tepe threads that it is very likely Göbekli Tepe  was not some temple, but an elaborately decorated house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users