Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

smart phones

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#31    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 June 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

S4 ?

:tu:

:yes:

~

Where do you find these images ......woooo

Miss me?

#32    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Where do you find these images ......woooo

the internet is a magical place when searched with a magical mind .... :yes:
~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#33    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 04 June 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

heheheeh .. and here I am still chugging away with my nokia 6120c
:rofl:

A friend of mine had one of the old classic ones that were once the most popular model. The old bricks. He was using it up until last month when it died :( I think he has upgraded to your model there or one similar

#34    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Just updated to the new OS on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Looks great and feels a lot faster and efficient.

#35    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 09 June 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

A friend of mine had one of the old classic ones that were once the most popular model. The old bricks. He was using it up until last month when it died :( I think he has upgraded to your model there or one similar

the 6120c is the best by far of the old school candy bars ... I just love the feel of it ... the bluetooth and 3.5G speeds were just the bonus ...
plus Symbian 6.0 heheehe now not so hot but in the days... you can't fault it really ....

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#36    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 09 June 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

the 6120c is the best by far of the old school candy bars ... I just love the feel of it ... the bluetooth and 3.5G speeds were just the bonus ...
plus Symbian 6.0 heheehe now not so hot but in the days... you can't fault it really ....

~

They certainly don't make phones like they used to anymore!

Does what you need it to do and not loaded with bloat ware.

#37    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 09 June 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

They certainly don't make phones like they used to anymore!

Does what you need it to do and not loaded with bloat ware.

I know of two iPhone 4 smashed to smithereens because it kept reminding my friend to 'pay' and 'buy' and don;t forget to look at all the cool things yet to be 'bought' when all he wanted to do was call his wife ... another was because it locked him out due to credit card information 'discrepancies' because he 'declined' to purchase an update ... :lol:

and I do mean 'smashed' .... there was hardly anything left of the poor phone ... lol

well I must admit they were both more than a bit smashed from the drinking themselves ... :yes:

~

'

#38    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 09 June 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

I know of two iPhone 4 smashed to smithereens because it kept reminding my friend to 'pay' and 'buy' and don;t forget to look at all the cool things yet to be 'bought' when all he wanted to do was call his wife ... another was because it locked him out due to credit card information 'discrepancies' because he 'declined' to purchase an update ... :lol:

and I do mean 'smashed' .... there was hardly anything left of the poor phone ... lol

well I must admit they were both more than a bit smashed from the drinking themselves ... :yes:

~

It is amazing the cost of accessories for the iPhones vs all other phones.  Apple seems to think it's reasonable to suck their customers dry.  I only sell iPhones when a customer says they want an iPhone, otherwise I guide them to look at the S3/4, the Xeperia ZL, or the BB Z10.

Edited by glorybebe, 09 June 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#39    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

frankly ... I have only used nokia from my very first to the one I have now ... the menu system once gotten used to is very hard to accept substitutes ... did tried some Samsung and Motorola ... but they hardly lasted a week and they were presents ... don't get me started on Motorola ... ugh ... if there's anything that makes me madder than apple ...

~

'

#40    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 09 June 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

frankly ... I have only used nokia from my very first to the one I have now ... the menu system once gotten used to is very hard to accept substitutes ... did tried some Samsung and Motorola ... but they hardly lasted a week and they were presents ... don't get me started on Motorola ... ugh ... if there's anything that makes me madder than apple ...

~
Yeah, I am not a fan of Motorola.  I have never tried Nokia.  In our area they are hard to find.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#41    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 09 June 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I am not a fan of Motorola.  I have never tried Nokia.  In our area they are hard to find.

Wow .. maybe they all ended up here in malaysia :lol:

was once a time when there was hardly anything but nokia .... not because of anything but no one wanted anything else ... but nokia ...

I remembered when we started to paint the casing ourselves on account of every phone being the same across the tables ... with those airfix kits enamel paints ...
at a mobile COM fair the nokia regional manager was puzzled at where we got our 'customised' models ... :lol:
that was in the early days when fashion fixes were not available at all ....

those were the days .... :D

~

'

#42    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 09 June 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

~

Ah the iconic cracked iPhone screen. Such a great marketing tactic.

What saddens me are people who camp outside the Apple stores... For a phone! When you think about it, getting all excited about a device that is quickly forcing you out of the old model to spend big bucks on the new one even if you don't need it while having you kiss and worship the feet of a company. It's sad. Victims of marketing.

#43    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 June 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Ah the iconic cracked iPhone screen. Such a great marketing tactic.

What saddens me are people who camp outside the Apple stores... For a phone! When you think about it, getting all excited about a device that is quickly forcing you out of the old model to spend big bucks on the new one even if you don't need it while having you kiss and worship the feet of a company. It's sad. Victims of marketing.

Posted Image

I wouldn't call them victims as they willingly swallow it all hook line and sinker ... they believed ... they really did ... Stevie just did a number on them as anyone would given the same circumstances ... they have no one to blame but themselves ... and you know how it is when the blame is on their noses ... they pretend not to see and hopefully no one else would admit to seeing it ...

I know of one particular person that camped for 28hours ... and then just about an hour from the grand opening ... he took a look at the rest of the crowd and came to his senses ... and walked away ... not many are that fortunate.

~

'

#44    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,729 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 10 June 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

I wouldn't call them victims as they willingly swallow it all hook line and sinker ... they believed ... they really did ... Stevie just did a number on them as anyone would given the same circumstances ... they have no one to blame but themselves ... and you know how it is when the blame is on their noses ... they pretend not to see and hopefully no one else would admit to seeing it ...

I know of one particular person that camped for 28hours ... and then just about an hour from the grand opening ... he took a look at the rest of the crowd and came to his senses ... and walked away ... not many are that fortunate.

~

That is absolutely true 3rd eye.

It would have been great to see if other people followed him and then the entire line dissipated. Great news he came to his senses though.

#45    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 09 June 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

It is amazing the cost of accessories for the iPhones vs all other phones.  Apple seems to think it's reasonable to suck their customers dry.  I only sell iPhones when a customer says they want an iPhone, otherwise I guide them to look at the S3/4, the Xeperia ZL, or the BB Z10.

I don't see the big deal about the iPhone . It's more expensive . The whole being locked out thing is unreal . They don't have insurance plans .
Fail

Miss me?

Also tagged with smart phones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users