Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

First Love Child of Human, Neanderthal Found?

human/neanderthal hybrid interbred

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    masaimara

masaimara

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

humans ran the Neanderthals to extinciton through interbreeding

#32    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

The world is so awkwardly politically correct now that even extinct neanderthals have silly rights. :wacko:

Edited by DKO, 30 March 2013 - 07:38 AM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#33    goodconversations

goodconversations

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

• We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. Anais Nin

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postmasaimara, on 30 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

You mean they chose humans over their own kind? Maybe humans, who were less privilged physically, thought of a way to control the Neands.. and ended up colonizing their territories and using up their resources after showing off their better handling of these resources... so the Neands developed an inferiority complex towards humans and thought of humans as better creatures and that's why they preferred mating with humans than their own kind hence their instinction.

Edited by goodconversations, 30 March 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image
There's nothing more
erotic than a good
conversation

#34    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,917 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 30 March 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I don't know about that. Neanderthals were much bigger and much stronger, and they also had larger brains. It's doubtful that a male jockey could threaten a female powerlifter. I suppose that they could have a relationship, though.

Absolutely.  Looks aren't everything, after all.  Especially back in those days of self-reliance.

Chances are, if a human male had a relationship with a Neanderthal female, she was probably a good cook.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#35    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,104 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostHarte, on 30 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Absolutely.  Looks aren't everything, after all.  Especially back in those days of self-reliance.

Chances are, if a human male had a relationship with a Neanderthal female, she was probably a good cook.

Harte

Maybe the traditional gender roles were reversed. Neanderthal women clubbed handsome "human" men and dragged them back to their caves.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#36    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,104 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 30 March 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

So you reckon a day in the life of a hybrid family went something like this?

Dad, where's mom gone?
Son, she's out there fetching us a wooly mammoth for dinner while I'm dusting the cave.

Guess who had to cook the wooly mammoth. Genetic memories created male chauvinists.

#37    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,104 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostAshiene, on 30 March 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

How would you feel if an African (who has no Neanderthal genes) came up to a Caucasian/Asian and said "Your mom is ugly, only a drunk man would bed her"? That is exactly what that post was trying to say. Since Caucasians and Asians have Neanderthal genes, Neanderthals are one of our parents, and insulting them is like insulting our own mothers!

LOL? I take it that you left out the sarcasm disclaimer.

#38    PaulLev

PaulLev

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 30 March 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I don't know about that. Neanderthals were much bigger and much stronger, and they also had larger brains. It's doubtful that a male jockey could threaten a female powerlifter. I suppose that they could have a relationship, though.

They also may have had technologies more advanced than modern humans back then - one of the problems knowing what was going on then is that anything made of wood and sinew would have long ago disintegrated.

#39    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,288 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postmasaimara, on 30 March 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

That is basically what I believe also. That the neanderthals being spread out and small in population eventually had to throw in with the Homo Sapiens near them to have any chance at all of competing.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#40    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,830 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Humans - 1

Neanderthals - 0

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#41    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,288 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

Interestingly this example has Neanderthal mDNA, which according to Wiki, indicates this person was probably sterile, because no modern humans have neanderthal mDNA.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Neanderthal

While modern humans share some nuclear DNA with the extinct Neanderthals, the two species do not share any mitochondrial DNA, which in primates is always maternally transmitted. This observation has prompted the hypothesis that whereas female humans interbreeding with male Neanderthals were able to generate fertile offspring, the progeny of female Neanderthals who mated with male humans were either rare, absent or sterile. However, some researchers have argued that there is evidence of possible interbreeding between female Neanderthals and male modern humans.

I guess it is more then an arguement now. :yes:

From what I just read the most likely place that hybridization took place is in the Middle East, and early on, as even the earliest settlers to head into Asia (even the Polynesians and native Australians) have the same general percentage of neanderthal as humans who lived in Europe with them for tens of thousands of years. If the hybridization happened mainly in Europe, you'd expect the average percentage to be higher there and lower elsewhere, which is not reported, AFAIK.

Very cool.... :tu:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#42    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 2,104 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostPaulLev, on 31 March 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

They also may have had technologies more advanced than modern humans back then - one of the problems knowing what was going on then is that anything made of wood and sinew would have long ago disintegrated.

That is quite possible. Neanderthal brains are larger than "human" brains. The caricatures and stereotypes don't do them justice. They probably would be Renaissance men if they were with us now.

#43    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 April 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Interestingly this example has Neanderthal mDNA, which according to Wiki, indicates this person was probably sterile, because no modern humans have neanderthal mDNA.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Neanderthal

I guess it is more then an arguement now. :yes:

From what I just read the most likely place that hybridization took place is in the Middle East, and early on, as even the earliest settlers to head into Asia (even the Polynesians and native Australians) have the same general percentage of neanderthal as humans who lived in Europe with them for tens of thousands of years. If the hybridization happened mainly in Europe, you'd expect the average percentage to be higher there and lower elsewhere, which is not reported, AFAIK.

Very cool.... :tu:

There's no chance in hell Neanderthal-AMH mixes were sterile.  That's just retarded speculation.

#44    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,288 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostEverdred, on 01 April 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

There's no chance in hell Neanderthal-AMH mixes were sterile.  That's just retarded speculation.
Well, how would you explain 0, zero, maternal ancestors??

With no mDNA coming down to from Neanderthals, there has to be an explaination...

What do you base your opinon on? Gut-feeling?

#45    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 April 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Well, how would you explain 0, zero, maternal ancestors??

With no mDNA coming down to from Neanderthals, there has to be an explaination...

What do you base your opinon on? Gut-feeling?

First of all, we don't know if there are no maternal ancestors.  We haven't typed every single person yet, and we've only typed a fraction of Neanderthal remains.

But we needn't expect Neanderthal mtDNA to persist given the obvious possibility of genetic drift removing it from the gene pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users