Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supernatural experiences

pappagooch

user posted imageJENNA Oakley is convinced she was visited by her father the night he died.

Her parents had been separated for about nine months when one night the then 14-year-old was awoken by "the sound of something dragging their feet along my carpet".

"Pretending to roll over in my sleep I looked over the blankets to see if I could detect where this person was," says Jenna, from the Sunshine Coast.

"In the corner of my room I could see a glow, which I assumed was their button and the street light was reflecting it."

The teenager then felt someone sit on the edge of the bed. She fled the room and found that everyone else in the house was asleep.

"No one believed me and all said I had dreamt it. Three weeks later the police arrived to inform us of the death of our father. He had been dead for three weeks.

"I know it was him," said Jenna, 46, who has had several other difficult-to-explain experiences.

She was one of many readers who shared their stories in response to last week's Sunday Mail story on Mike Agostini's new book Death: The Ultimate Orgasm? on near-death, out-of-body and other paranormal experiences.

Trish Cross from Mondure wrote: "When I was young, I think 20 months, I was mauled by our dog. I do not remember the incident, however I do remember seeing my mother holding me in the hospital covered in blood and then seeing my father take the dog out of the car to shoot it.

"When I was in my teens I asked my mother if I was there when Dad shot the dog. She told me that I was in the hospital when that happened. I do not remember feeling any pain, just the feeling of looking on from above. I am 48 now and these particular images still stay with me today."

And Ben Vitale said: "I had a near-death experience when I nearly drowned as a child. I was clinically dead and my mother had to revive me with CPR. I remember looking at myself on the bottom of the pool and of a very bright light shining from above. These images came to me in a dream-like state."

Till Napoli recalls: "When I was five or six and living in Italy I would sleep on a sofa in the lounge while my parents and little sister slept in the main (and only) bedroom. During the night I would find myself floating just below the ceiling and entering the bedroom of my parents and looking down on them and my sister who slept in a cot in the corner."

Neil Edwards sent an extract from his book Poems and Other Writings to describe a World War II experience as a 17-year-old:

"He was in the crows nest on lookout duty. The sea was rough. The ship buried its bow into the oncoming waves. He started to sing. The wind increased. High up in the mast a splash of sea water hit him in the face.

"He called out at the waves. Suddenly, he seemed to leave his own body. It was a feeling of calm ecstasy. He didn't feel like he was flying around like some comic book superman. He felt he was everywhere – all at the same time!

"He was not challenging the waves now. He was accepting them. He had become the waves! He was the waves, the storm clouds, the shafts of sunlight! With a feeling of awe and wonderment, he knew he had been given a brief glimpse of unknown knowledge which, one day, would enable mankind to understand the ultimate truth for themselves."

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: The Sunday Mail

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pappagooch

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic