Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

secret societies which are good?

kartikg

Yes Indeed there actually many of these !

My Fav is the Willy Wonka Chocolate Eatting society.

The UFO believers society !

The Unexplained Mysteries Forum !!!!!

• Like 4

I would argue the Illuminatti are good.

Highly connected, powerful, intelligent people united to bring order to the world and lead humanity towards a better understanding of existence.

Not that i believe in them, but hell, I'd support them

• Like 1

"Are there any secret societies which actually exist?"

Treat that subject first before you go on to decide which are good or evil.

• Like 6

So, Secret Societies that we know all about? Something about that not entirely right.

• Like 5

I guess you can say that a good secret society, is the society that you have never heard about !

In that case the next two questions are impossible to answer, because they are secret. :tu:

• Like 3

If more than one person knows it is not a secret, if there is only one person, it's not a society.

• Like 3

A truly secret society would be one we all don't know about, and certainly not something like the Freemasons, which are pretty much a humanist society, and thus "good".

• Like 2

Any society or group that actively wears Fezs is good in my book.

...and drive those funny little cars in parades.

• Like 1

Are there any secret societies which are good ? Any symbols they use? Do they wield any influence?

The one I was in was great! Yes, they used lots of symbols ... most esoteric groups do. Yes, it had an influence, especially on me.

"Are there any secret societies which actually exist?"

Treat that subject first before you go on to decide which are good or evil.

Thats actually an historical question and has already been decided ... there were and still are heaps of them.

Are you saying they never existed ? ? ?

• Like 2

So, Secret Societies that we know all about? Something about that not entirely right.

Why is that ?

" Any of various oath-bound societies devoted to brotherhood (or sisterhood), moral discipline, and mutual assistance. Such societies usually conduct rituals of initiation to instruct new members in the rules of the group (see rite of passage). Greek and Roman mystery religions had their secular counterparts in clandestine social clubs, some of which served as platforms for political dissent. In West Africa secret societies such as Poro (for men) and Sande (for women) serve to translate slight advantages of wealth and prestige into political authority. In parts of New Guinea secret men's societies serve as repositories of tribal knowledge. Fraternal orders such as the Freemasons (see Freemasonry) may be considered secret societies, as may criminal groups such as the Mafia and the Chinese Triads and hate groups such as the Ku Klux Klan. "

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/secret%20society

• Like 1

If more than one person knows it is not a secret, if there is only one person, it's not a society.

You guys really have the definition wrong. But I suppose you will insist you are right ... over the Merriam Webster definition ?

• Like 1

Any society or group that actively wears Fezs is good in my book.

shriners-cars.jpg

Edited by back to earth

Thats actually an historical question and has already been decided ... there were and still are heaps of them.

Are you saying they never existed ? ? ?

Yup. Because if you know about them, they AREN'T SECRET.

And your claim to be part of one is highly suspect.

But, carry on, it is entertaining.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

I would argue the Illuminatti are good.

Highly connected, powerful, intelligent people united to bring order to the world and lead humanity towards a better understanding of existence.

Not that i believe in them, but hell, I'd support them

And disbanded in the 18th century.

Many secret societies are harmless but if you mean good as in "working for the betterment of mankind" that is harder to tell. I haven't heard of any, although the Freemasons did do and still continue to do some "good" work. We know they were instrumental in founding this great nation. But so much of them is secret we can't really know if they are completely "good".

Many secret societies are harmless but if you mean good as in "working for the betterment of mankind" that is harder to tell. I haven't heard of any, although the Freemasons did do and still continue to do some "good" work. We know they were instrumental in founding this great nation. But so much of them is secret we can't really know if they are completely "good".

Even wiki states this : " The goals of the Illuminati were to eliminate superstition, prejudice and the domination of government, philosophy and science by the Roman Catholic Church, to reduce oppressive state abuses of power, and to support the education of women and encourage their treatment as intellectual equals."

The reason many keep their secrets within membership (in case any reader still hasn't figured out what 'secret society. means yet ) is that 'outside' membership can be full of uninformed and brainwashed people that are subservient to the state (or they have a stake in running the state or gaining advantage over another within the state) or just idiots full of superstition that still want witch hunts ... or ill informed conspiracy nuts. ... or people that even deny they existed due to their own misunderstood word usage.

And that is ignoring the whole anthropological side of the subject ... that secret societies are a universal human cultural trait.

I wonder what is behind the denial of such a widely acknowledged fact about human society throughout all time, cultures and locations ? ? ?

Edited by back to earth

You guys really have the definition wrong. But I suppose you will insist you are right ... over the Merriam Webster definition ?

Oh please I was making a joke. You must have constipation bad. We all know what a secret society is.
  • Like 1

Freemasons are fine. Both my grandfathers were members during their lives. Good, honest men.

But that's not actually a real "secret" society, is it? Since we know of it's existence. We may not know all about it, lots of organizations have their "secrets"--but that fact alone doesn't make a society a "secret" one.

And your claim to be part of one is highly suspect.

You are doing it again ... misreading posts, adding your own misinterpretation and then attempting to cast dispersions on what I said ... except that is not what I said .. is it ? You are casting dispersions on what you think I wrote ... and I am the one that is highly suspect am i ?