Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Gable Film updated

Enigma wrapped in a puzzle

I dont see this being a fake. This is as legit a film I have ever come across. The story and the film match up perfectly.

Story: In a estate sale an old film was found in a box. After viewing it a home video of a strange attack was discovered. The film shows a young boy filming normal family stuff until a truck ride passing by a field shows a creature of some sort. They stop the truck and film the creature until it charges to attack. The attack is somewhat caught on tape and even shows the mouth of the animal. The mouth rules out ape and dog origin. Some people claim this is the dogman.

Delve into the film and really anylise it. The kid is filming his dad or brother on some old snowmobile, chopping wood, the dog running around, his dad fixing the truck. This would be normal things a kid with a new camera would film. It all adds up to me...

I am not sure what this is but it is very odd. One thing is for sure that this was filmed in the 70's and this one even shows the kids face in the side view mirror. You can also see the exact camera that was used. This would be a very hard think to fake with such old footage and and camera.

If anyone says fake please explain why and not something like "oh its fake its so obvious". Explain how you think this could be faked. I think this to be 100% geniune.

For your viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGONEuH5u24

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paranormalguy

• drpaxton

• andy4

• Matt121

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's fake. If you view the website for the Gable Film, you'll see that in one portion there's an image posted with the story of two girls who heard something, and went out and took a picture of this thing that was walking around their garage. Something like that. Anyway, turns out it was a screen cap from the movie Dog Soldiers, but the website is passing it as being a real photograph... Either they're stupid, or they think everyone else is stupid.

what website are you referring to?

what website are you referring to?

http://www.michigan-dogman.com Hosts a couple of pages dedicated to the Gable Film, which is about the only other place I can find that acts as an "official" website for the film. Anyway, there's a lot of BS on that site, which pretty much starts to add up that the Gable Film is just a bunch of BS too.

http://www.michigan-dogman.com/01_encTemple.html That's the story with the image from Dog Soldiers. There was a topic about it some time ago and one of the members deducted the "wolf man" was an insert from a screen cap, and posted the original image. Or... something like that. Too far back to remember the details, but that's it anyway.

Come on people, the animal running is obviously a bear. It's the same size as a bear, has the same body shape as a bear and it runs like a bear.

Here's a video as a reference ( It's just a very short bit at around 0:18, but obviously there aren't many good videos with bears charging towards the camera):

Edited by Clobhair-cean

no that does not look the same

In all honesty it looks like an ape or gorilla. I have never seen a bear move that way and bears are not prone to attack unless provoked or rabid. What happened to the cameraman?

Thats a ticked off bear. Ive seen enough bears in the wild to know a bear when I see one. The odd gate to its running could be explained by it being injured, as well as the fact it attacked the camera man. A hurt and angry bear is not a nice critter to run in to.

Edited by MirrorImage

You can see the teeth pretty clearly just before the end. Can't someone tell from that??

You can see the teeth pretty clearly just before the end. Can't someone tell from that??

I see no teeth

Damn these work computers! I cant watch it untill i get home but i cant wait! I love the gable film, find it verry interesting...

I cant get a clear freeze frame on the last few seconds, maybe some one else will have better luck.

This vid claims it shows the mouth and bite of the critter but I cant see much http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogkLHq2c2Y...feature=related

Edited by MirrorImage

The first thing I thought when I saw it was that it's a bear. Looks like one, runs like one. But after watching it a couple of more times, I'm sure I see a long tail. Gorllia maybe?

Really interesting and creepy video, whatever it is =]

Edited by GoldenSilence

Hahahaha, that is most 100% a BEAR.

Scary, indeed, but it moves, looks, and attacks like a bear. The reason why it looks odd is because of the date of the film, naturally since its from a camera in the 70's it is grainy and of very poor quality.

Thats a ticked off bear.

Everyone is saying it is a bear.

I am sorry but I don't see this.

I have seen far too many bears in the wild and one things that they do not have is high shoulders.

Also, when bears run they are very limbering. Almost like they bounce.

This creature was very nimble.

I think the video is real and I think that this is a silverback gorilla.

Why is it there? I have no idea, maybe it excaped from a zoo or it was someones pet?

JMO

I'd have to say, given the fact that this appears to be shot in the U.P. (of Michigan) that it is nothing more than a bear. I live in the L.P. and think the dogman stories are all BS...

The family looks a lot more scary then the silver back did you guys see the mother chopping wood? Good lord they look horrific.

Reminds me of the family from wrong turn, texas chainsaw, the hills have eyes

I think what we are actually looking at is a Japanese Akita that has maybe gone a bit feral possibly JAPANESE AKITA

Here's a freeze frame of the bear teeth. Honestly, can't really tell much from that.

I think plenty can be told about this frame, which happens just after the impact. Electrical interference and scan lines on 8mm film? Really? No. Look, the rest of the film is real, 8mm film from the seventies but it's not all one continuous take, and there's no reason to believe all of the finished product was even shot with the same camera. The 20 second take with the "incident" doesn't show any of the original people, or the camera, or anything that definitely ties it in with the rest of the film, since it's a different take from them. In my mind, the frames with the scan lines prove that that segment was shot later with a camcorder on magnetic tape, and then made to appear to match the rest of the film. To me this is a clear cut hoax.