Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient creature mentioned in the Bible

echouser777

Hey whats up? I'm new to this forum, and was glancing through your writings and thought this would be a great to add this piece of scripture in here. I know that public and schools have totally disown the Word of God in their stupidity, permantley changing the minds of the new generations of children not to believe or even hear about the Bible. This ancient book, Job, the oldest book ever written, possible written 1520 B.C. (Before Christ) describes very clearly evidence of creatures we call mythical today, unicorns, leviathans, dragons and more. God is showing me very awesome things of his creation. By the way the earth can't be more than 6,000 years old, think about it. Study hard, you'll see it clearly. God said his Word lasts forever and it wouldnt return to him void, look how long this ancient book has been around and changed lives. Anywho, to find the evidence of creation...simply look to the Core of Creation, God Almighty, who was and is and is to come, forever to be praised Amen.

Proverb 41 (1520 B.C.?)

1Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

2Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

3Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?

4Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?

5Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

6Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

7Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?

8Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.

9Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?

10None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?

11Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

12I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle?

14Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.

15His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.

16One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

17They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

18By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

22In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

23The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.

24His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

26The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.

27He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.

28The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.

29Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

30Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.

31He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

32He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.

33Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.

34He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride. ( Prov. 41 kjv)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Laser Les

• draconic chronicler

• thewatchman7

• Moonie2012

what the heck are you talking about? the earth not older than 6000 years? God did not create it, it was created by space debris circling the sun that slowly clinged together and ultimately formed a planet.

I warn you for the things I'm about to say, they might shock you..:

-the earth is aproximately 4billion years old, that's a proven fact.. if the earth was 6000 years old we would find frozen dynosaurs in the artics which we DIDN'T

- the oldest book is not job, it's the sumerian writings

- the bible is not to be taken on the letter

- if dragons existed we-would-have-found-remains!

Edited by merler

what the heck are you talking about? the earth not older than 6000 years? God did not create it, it was created by space debris circling the sun that slowly clinged together and ultimately formed a planet.

-the earth is aproximately 4billion years old, that's a proven fact.. if the earth was 6000 years old we would find frozen dynosaurs in the artics which we DIDN'T

Amen to that :rofl:

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

(Romans 1:18-25) Enough said, have a good day.

Welcome to UM, echo. Yes, this is a great passage. I think you will find there are many Christians, very spiritual ones who do not accept the age of the Earth as being 6,000 years. There are historical records that seem to go back over 10,000 years. If you study the Scriptures you will see that there really is no way to determine how long after God created the Heavens and the Earth, He stood over the waters and began to order Earth and prepare it for life. Additionally there is no way to tell how long Adam lived before Eve was on the scene or how long they lived in the Garden before they sinned. Additionally the genealogies, according to Hebrew tradition are not necessarily accountings of one generation after another, but of the most well respected or well-known members of a family, so the genealogies are not a consistent way to count the age of the Earth either.

I look forward to more of your posts and your views. UM can be a great place to experience the variety of outlooks and beliefs that are out there and a great place to make great friends and learn a great deal about your faith and how to share God's love with others.

Welcome to UM, echo. Yes, this is a great passage. I think you will find there are many Christians, very spiritual ones who do not accept the age of the Earth as being 6,000 years. There are historical records that seem to go back over 10,000 years. If you study the Scriptures you will see that there really is no way to determine how long after God created the Heavens and the Earth, He stood over the waters and began to order Earth and prepare it for life. Additionally there is no way to tell how long Adam lived before Eve was on the scene or how long they lived in the Garden before they sinned. Additionally the genealogies, according to Hebrew tradition are not necessarily accountings of one generation after another, but of the most well respected or well-known members of a family, so the genealogies are not a consistent way to count the age of the Earth either.

I look forward to more of your posts and your views. UM can be a great place to experience the variety of outlooks and beliefs that are out there and a great place to make great friends and learn a great deal about your faith and how to share God's love with others.

Thanks alot man, you have a point, but I don't alot more spend time researching as some do, humans arent omniscience like God is, so we can't really say anything about anything, the key is to reach souls, well I'm out for the day, Salute.

look, you must admit, the bible is one nice peece of literature. It is one of the most ellaborate mind manipulating books out there. I don't think it was written by a handfull but more likely came to existence over the course of several centuries. Each rewrite fixing the story a little more so no holes would exist.

The easiest thing to say for religious people is"you have to believe, without proof, that's the essence of our religion!"

now take this phrase and think about it for a second. Why would any god want to make you believe in him without you really knowing he was there? it just doesn't make sense. If there was an almighty god he'd just stick his face trough the clouds now and then and the whole world would be nice and go to church every week. There's no need or reason in keeping us ignorant all the time.

I'm not saying there is no God. maybe there is, who knows? but it certainly isn't the one you speak of. If it was it would be one twisted ego trippin god, who wants nothing than billions of people worshipping him all day don't you think?

maybe one thing to convince you: by the rules of christian religion you have to be baptised to purify yourself of the prime sin and go to heaven(? don't know how to say this in english, the thing why adam and eve were thrown out of paradise and why we all have been punished for the past 6000years? wtf) anyway, what about those people in some jungle never having seen a priest or christian, they die without harming a soul and not baptised.. don't they deserve a ticket first class to heaven?..

Edited by merler

name='echouser777' date='May 31 2007, 06:39 PM'

let's take this piece by piece shall we ?

welcome -

I know that public and schools have totally disown the Word of God in their stupidity, permanently changing the minds of the new generations of children not to believe or even hear about the Bible.

our founding fathers were smart enough to separate church and state. they did not found this country on christianity. and it is stupidity to believe otherwise. want your kid to hear about God ? that's your responsibility not the governments or the schools.

This ancient book, Job, the oldest book ever written, possible written 1520 B.C. (Before Christ) describes very clearly evidence of creatures we call mythical today, unicorns, leviathans, dragons and more.

educate yourself please. The Precepts of Ptah-Hotep, 2200 BCE. is clearly older. is it the oldest ? there may be older still. there was no Unicorn. read and educate yourself - http://www.bible-history.com/smiths/U/Unicorn/

the "leviathan" actually means 2 different animals in 2 different passages of 2 books. One is a type of whale and the other a type of snake. both common to the region. again - http://www.bible-history.com/smiths/L/Leviathan/

"dragons" - Dragon

The translators of the Authorized Version, apparently following the Vulgate, have rendered by the same word "dragon" the two Hebrew words tan and tannin, which appear to be quite distinct in meaning.

1. The former is used, always in the plural, in Job 30:29; Ps 44:19; Isa 34:13; 43:20; Jer 9:11 It is always applied to some creatures inhabiting the desert, and we should conclude from this that it refers rather to some wild beast than to a serpent. The syriac renders it by a word which, according to Pococke, means a "jackal."

2. The word tannin seems to refer to any great monster, whether of the land or the sea, being indeed more usually applied to some kind of serpent or reptile, but not exclusively restricted to that sense. Ex 7:9,10,12; De 32:33; Ps 91:13 In the New Testament it is found only in the Apocalypse, Re 12:3,4,7,9,16,17 etc., as applied metaphorically to "the old serpent, called the devil, and Satan."

http://www.bible-history.com/smiths/D/Dragon/

By the way the earth can't be more than 6,000 years old, think about it. Study hard, you'll see it clearly. God said his Word lasts forever and it wouldnt return to him void, look how long this ancient book has been around and changed lives. Anywho, to find the evidence of creation...simply look to the Core of Creation, God Almighty, who was and is and is to come, forever to be praised Amen.

whatever your smoking , give it up. I haven't even gotten to your list yet.

i have a question to u echo,

...welcome by the way

it says that god created the sun on the 3rd day right?

well tell me

how long were the first 2 days if there was no sun?

^Don't you think that God has any watch? :)

I'm sory but I don't really wanna comment on this thread, I've read the Bible once and don't really get into it. I'd prefer if anyone start reciting ancient creatures from the Wacky Races.

Fufufufufufu....

(Romans 1:18-25) Enough said, have a good day.

umm.....what did that prove?

ps. i will have a good day. thank ya

another question echo

in the bible theres a story (DUHhaha lol) that (i think) tells of when Johna stoped the sun am i correct?

well did u know that the sun does not move :o

and since the sun doesnt move it didnt stop, so that would mean the earth stoped right?

sorry need to stop early

storms aproching

bbl

ok im back

sorry thunder storm

ok as i was saying

...and since the sun doesnt move it didnt stop, so that would mean the earth stoped right?

and if the earth had stoped we (humans) would have been thown into space, mountains would have topeled over and oceans would have shifted greatly

so tell me

did that happen?

its in the bibel so it must be true riiiight?

Edited by cia

Hey whats up? I'm new to this forum, and was glancing through your writings and thought this would be a great to add this piece of scripture in here. I know that public and schools have totally disown the Word of God in their stupidity, permantley changing the minds of the new generations of children not to believe or even hear about the Bible. This ancient book, Job, the oldest book ever written, possible written 1520 B.C. (Before Christ) describes very clearly evidence of creatures we call mythical today, unicorns, leviathans, dragons and more. God is showing me very awesome things of his creation. By the way the earth can't be more than 6,000 years old, think about it. Study hard, you'll see it clearly. God said his Word lasts forever and it wouldnt return to him void, look how long this ancient book has been around and changed lives. Anywho, to find the evidence of creation...simply look to the Core of Creation, God Almighty, who was and is and is to come, forever to be praised Amen.

Proverb 41 (1520 B.C.?)

1Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

2Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn?

3Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee?

4Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever?

5Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens?

6Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

7Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?

8Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.

9Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?

10None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?

11Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine.

12I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion.

13Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle?

14Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about.

15His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.

16One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.

17They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

18By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

22In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him.

23The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved.

24His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.

25When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

26The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.

27He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.

28The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble.

29Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

30Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire.

31He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.

32He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.

33Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.

34He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride. ( Prov. 41 kjv)

Welcome to UM Echo.

Yes if one accepts the premise that there is truth in the Bible, the description of the Leviathan and other giant reptiles living in the time of men is intriguing indeed..

But many Christians believe the Earth is millions or billions of years old, and that the dinsaurs all died out over 60 million years before humans came on the seen, just as science says.

So what are the "dragons" of the Bible then? They are dragons, not dinosaurs. The word Seraphim does not mean angel, in Hebrew it means a fiery flying serpent, and when the ancient Jews translated this word to Greek, they called it a Drakon, where is the where the word dragon comesfrom.

This is why dragons "sing" praises to God in the book of Psalms. I doubt dinosaurs with brains the size of walnuts sing to God.

This is why Satan, who is also called a Dragon, and is probably a Seraphim, can talk to humans. Dinosaurs can't.T

But the best known dragon in the Bible , spews fire from his mouth, and smoke from his nostrils just like Leviathan. He is also known for "consuming" many people, and has a terrible temper. But few Christians realize he is a dragon. They should though, because he punished a Jewish King when that king broke his idol of a winged serpent Dragon that he ordered Moses to make hundreds of years earlier . His named is Yahweh or Jehovah. But many Christians do not understand he is a dragon. They think this Yahweh is their God, but actually their God is called Elohim, the God the Biblical dragons like Yahweh and Satan worship because they are smarter than humans. The Bible says Yahweh is the Son of Elohim, that dragon that watched over the Hebrews, just as other dragons watched over other humans. That is why there are dragons in every human culture. Yahweh was originally named Enlil, and he was the Sumerian Storm dragon that flooded the world in the original version of "Genesis" written down 1500 years before the Hebrew one. And his brother Enki, was the dragon who built the Garden of Eden.' The Hebrews copied these stories, only I don't think they told you any of this stuff in Sunday School. They thought you would be more comfortable with a Yahweh who is an old white guy with a long beard, or even Morgan Freeman. You may find my book about the dragons of the Bible rather interesting. It should be out before the end of the year.

Edited by draconic chronicler

'Lt_Ripley' Leviathan" actually means 2 different animals in 2 different passages of 2 books. One is a type of whale and the other a type of snake. both common to the region. again - http://www.bible-history.com/smiths/L/Leviathan/

DC: That is only one man's opinion, and tell us which whale or snake spews fire from its mouth and smoke from its nostrils as the Bible says of the Leviathan?

LT Ripley:["dragons" - Dragon

The translators of the Authorized Version, apparently following the Vulgate, have rendered by the same word "dragon" the two Hebrew words tan and tannin, which appear to be quite distinct in meaning.

1. The former is used, always in the plural, in Job 30:29; Ps 44:19; Isa 34:13; 43:20; Jer 9:11 It is always applied to some creatures inhabiting the desert, and we should conclude from this that it refers rather to some wild beast than to a serpent. The syriac renders it by a word which, according to Pococke, means a "jackal."

2. The word tannin seems to refer to any great monster, whether of the land or the sea, being indeed more usually applied to some kind of serpent or reptile, but not exclusively restricted to that sense. Ex 7:9,10,12; De 32:33; Ps 91:13 In the New Testament it is found only in the Apocalypse, Re 12:3,4,7,9,16,17 etc., as applied metaphorically to "the old serpent, called the devil, and Satan."]

DC: Wrong again. Tannin is not used in Revelation because Revelation is written in Greek. Here the word used is Drakon.

Edited by draconic chronicler

sorry dragon - your wrong.

Tannin

Plural: tanninim.) The classification of creatures to which Leviathan belongs (see Isa 27.1). In Gen 1.21, the proper noun Leviathan is missing and only the class noun tanninim appears. Here the NJV translates it as "sea monsters."

hebrew translation from D. G. MYERS Associate professor of English and religious studies

Texas A&M University

( oh yeah , and Jewish)

http://www-english.tamu.edu/pers/fac/myers/word_list.html

And all along I just thought this scripture was an ode to a whale or a large shark and was singing the praises of how powerful they were.

This is a very interesting thread. Please continue!

look, you must admit, the bible is one nice peece of literature. It is one of the most ellaborate mind manipulating books out there. I don't think it was written by a handfull but more likely came to existence over the course of several centuries. Each rewrite fixing the story a little more so no holes would exist.

The easiest thing to say for religious people is"you have to believe, without proof, that's the essence of our religion!"

now take this phrase and think about it for a second. Why would any god want to make you believe in him without you really knowing he was there? it just doesn't make sense. If there was an almighty god he'd just stick his face trough the clouds now and then and the whole world would be nice and go to church every week. There's no need or reason in keeping us ignorant all the time.

I'm not saying there is no God. maybe there is, who knows? but it certainly isn't the one you speak of. If it was it would be one twisted ego trippin god, who wants nothing than billions of people worshipping him all day don't you think?

maybe one thing to convince you: by the rules of christian religion you have to be baptised to purify yourself of the prime sin and go to heaven(? don't know how to say this in english, the thing why adam and eve were thrown out of paradise and why we all have been punished for the past 6000years? wtf) anyway, what about those people in some jungle never having seen a priest or christian, they die without harming a soul and not baptised.. don't they deserve a ticket first class to heaven?..

The essence of Christianity is to come first through faith, after you come by faith, God reveals Himself, it's not a constant state of just believing God is there. Faith continues to play a role in that you have to trust God, even when He doesn't reveal everything to you.

There are a number of places especially in the Book of Revelation where there is no Greek manuscript evidence for the words. For example, no Greek text says "book of life" in Revelation 22:19. The Greek says, "tree of life." I John 5:8 is a later addition not found in Greek manuscripts before the 16th century.

There are several animals mentioned in the KJV that are mythical:

Unicorns

The "Unicorn" is mentioned nine times in the KJV (Numbers 23:22; 24:8; Deuteronomy 33:17; Job 39:9,10; Psalm 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; Isaiah 34:7). In Deuteronomy 33:17 it says the unicorn has "horns" plural, so the KJV solved this problem by translating "unicorn" as plural "unicorns." It is an unfortunate translation of the Hebrew "reem" which means "wild ox" (BDB, 910b). It seems that the LXX translation made the error which was carried over into the Latin unicornis. The idea of a unicorn probably came from seeing a rhinoceros. In the Middle Ages when fossil tusks or horns were found, they were said to come from unicorns (Gayrard-Valy, 22). At the last ICC there were rumors of unicorns in California.

Dragons

In the Old Testament the KJV uses the term "dragon" for the Hebrew words tannim meaning "jackals" and tannin meaning "serpent, or sea monster" (BDB, 1072; Gesenius, 868-9). It seems the KJV mistranslated these two separate words. Tannim is from the root tan meaning "to howl" and tannin is from the root tanan "to smoke" (Ibid.). Jackals are known for their howling, and are associated with desolate areas. Tannin or "smokers" probably came from seeing the spouts of whales or the snorting of animals which looked like smoke coming from a fire inside. Our warm breathe in winter looks like smoke. This is probably how the idea of fire-breathing dragons started. The Hebrew is not referring to any dinosaurs.

The KJV uses the term "dragon" which comes from the Greek word drakon which means "serpent." It refers to a monster with a scaly snake like body. The Greek New Testament uses drakon 12 times only in the book of Revelation which the KJV translates as "dragon" (Rev. 12-13, 16:13, 20:2). The dragon in Revelation has seven heads similar to the leviathan in Ugaritic and Psalm 74:14 (Gibson, 50, 68; Walace, 290). Satan is called a "dragon" in Revelation 20:2.

http://www.bibleandscience.com/bible/kjv.htm

there were no literal dragons. and revalation is about prophecy. do we have dragons around ? no.

the book of Job is not the oldest book ever written

it can't be as old as echo is claiming heres why

its actually totally plaguiarised from a story called Ludlul Bel Nimeqi, Tabu-utul-Bel

this story was written down in 1700bce by the Babylonians who are a race that the Hebrews got most of their stories from seeing as they were on the whole illiterate shepherds up until they were enslaved en masse by a Babylonian king around 550bce when they finally got themselves an education

http://www.piney.com/BabTabuBel.html

what makes me giggle is that to this very day people who believe in God also believe that people shouldn't ask questions about him and then go on to claim that only they have the answers

Draco Chronic the Bible is not a history book

it is a tale full of mythology

to base any personal belief on dragons in its pages is a little bizarre when the culture that originated them tells a different story

I never cease to be amazed at the folks that think they are wise enough to interpret the bible, or disprove it, when they have never studied it or even opened a concordance. I am no bible scholar, but, I do know that one popular version, the KJV, was translated into Olde English in the 1600s. First off, our language has evolved tremdously since then. Second, many euphemisms were used instead of the inspired terms. Third, some words or phrases from the greek or hebrew do or did not have an exact english translation, so the translators sort of had to guess or approximate what was meant. Fourth, when the various bible books were written, the author only had his own native language and experience to draw from. Fifth, the bible is not open to interpretation (when the right tools are used to understand what the original writings were).

I am a Christian. I believe God created everything. I also believe the earth is millions of years old. The bible does not say much about the age of the earth or universe. It is meant as an instruction book for us, written by our maker. Some things that are important to us don't seem to be important to Him. He gave us the info he wanted us to have.

I am a Christian. I believe God created everything. I also believe the earth is millions of years old. The bible does not say much about the age of the earth or universe. It is meant as an instruction book for us, written by our maker. Some things that are important to us don't seem to be important to Him. He gave us the info he wanted us to have. [/font]

in that case why is it that the Bible the KJV is based on was called the septuagint and was not written by god but by Rabbis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint

you seem a little confused anyway

youre a christian and yet you believe the stuff that was written about YHWH the god of Judaism ?

if thats the case why did your guys bother to write the new testament

isn't that a bit like a mormon believing the writings of socrates are crucial to his own beliefs ?

:blink:

I never cease to be amazed at the folks that think they are wise enough to interpret the bible, or disprove it, when they have never studied it or even opened a concordance.

I never cease to be amazed at the folks that think they are wise enough to interpret the bible, or disprove it, when they have never studied it or even opened a concordance.

i never cease to be amazed that people who have studied the bible are constantly told that they havent by people who havent studied it at all but claim that they have

:innocent:

the book of Job is not the oldest book ever written

it can't be as old as echo is claiming heres why

its actually totally plaguiarised from a story called Ludlul Bel Nimeqi, Tabu-utul-Bel

this story was written down in 1700bce by the Babylonians who are a race that the Hebrews got most of their stories from seeing as they were on the whole illiterate shepherds up until they were enslaved en masse by a Babylonian king around 550bce when they finally got themselves an education

http://www.piney.com/BabTabuBel.html

what makes me giggle is that to this very day people who believe in God also believe that people shouldn't ask questions about him and then go on to claim that only they have the answers

Draco Chronic the Bible is not a history book

it is a tale full of mythology

to base any personal belief on dragons in its pages is a little bizarre when the culture that originated them tells a different story

Shows how little you know about the Bible. The culture that originated the Genesis stories (Sumeria) acknowledged all of their main gods were reptilian dragons, and often depicted them this way in art, though later the Gods bcame more human-like. The word for great dragon is Umshagaal, and its literal form is probably the winged Mushushu dragons, such as the God Ningishzida depicted on a libation vase in the Louvre.

The dragons in the Bible is meaningliess to anyone who thinks there is no God an it is not divinely inspired. But about 2 billion people including brilliant leaders of sceince happen to think otherwise.