Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. planned to blow up the MOON

sean6

Revealed: How the U.S. planned to blow up the MOON with a nuclear bomb to win Cold War bragging rights over Soviet Union

It may sound like a plot straight out of a science fiction novel, but a U.S. mission to blow up the moon with a nuke was very real in the 1950s.

At the height of the space race, the U.S. considered detonating an atom bomb on the moon as a display of America's Cold War muscle.

The secret project, innocuously titled 'A Study of Lunar Research Flights' and nicknamed 'Project A119,' was never carried out.

http://www.dailymail...b-revealed.html

Edited by sean6

and the winner of the "biggest threat to the safety of the world" award goes, once again, to the US of A!!!

• Like 7

But when they realised it could play havok with our tides and they didn`t have enough money, they decided to do their tests in the Pacific instead.

I always so embarrassed to be American . I love my country ,as its my birth place ,but so many things are so ....disgusting...

The average Joe p***es and moans about all the foreigners hating us ,are just jealous,etc,have no clue.No clue at all.

• Like 6

The leaders of countries often do not reflect the true heart and capacity of those that dwell within the real realm, I know many americans and they are some of the nicest folks I've met, don't worry simbi!

I was gonna say I don't believe it, but the track record goes against it. How can anyone even consider destroying the moon? So utterly disrespectful. Seems like such an infantile and idiotic thought, like some kid who is jealous that his sister got a new bike for her birthday and slashes the tyres... so frightening that fellow humans could even conceive of such a stupid thing!

Edited by DancingCorpse
  • Like 6

I always so embarrassed to be American . I love my country ,as its my birth place ,but so many things are so ....disgusting...

The average Joe p***es and moans about all the foreigners hating us ,are just jealous,etc,have no clue.No clue at all.

I can't really think of one government that is any better to be honest.

It's sad that these people think they represent the people of the country they govern.

It's like IF some alien race cam down, I hope they don't judge us all by our governments.

• Like 8

Okay so It took 60 years for some one to come up with this.,. "Cut your nose off to spite your face" story!

LOL, Get over it, they got there first! ;p I'm still waiting for the most mentally undeveloped country to let off everything they have just so they can prove their religion is a waste of time!

We are killing the earth without even touching the moon!

• Like 1

You have nothing to be embarrassed about, the normal joe understands its not the normal American joe who is behind this, anyhow, the Americans would not have been doing thinking about this without the help of other countries backing them.

It's sad that these people think they represent the people of the country they govern.

It's like IF some alien race cam down, I hope they don't judge us all by our governments.

If an alien race ever came down I hope they take out our governments.

• Like 2

If an alien race ever came down I hope they take out our governments.

me too, but chances are our governments will try and blow them out of the sky before they get past our moon.

• Like 2

I always more embarrassed that we have a public education system that graduates people from the 8th grade who don't know that this "report" is OBVIOUSLY false.

I even more embarrassed that this lack of critical analysis translates to our electoral process.

• Like 2

Well, the moon was blocking our view of Mars and Jupiter anyway. :rolleyes:

I am a bit skeptical of this. Mountain sized moon rocks might be attracted to the earth by gravity. It seems so entirely not worth the trouble.

When there's a write up from somewhere other than the Daily Mail, I'll give the story more thought. Until then....not so much.

• Like 2

It would be ironic if there was a write up from The Sun newspaper.

• Like 2

Also, blowing up the moon would have ruined a lot of songs. Moon River, Bad Moon rising, etc. ;)

• Like 2

The US also has plans in case of an alien invasion. I seriously doubt it would of been attempted even if they could of done this.

How far back you wanna go ?

Let's start with the native Americans ....where are they all ?

Oh yeah,we slaughtered bunches of them . Lest we not forget wounded knee and AIM.

The slave trade .Hunting humans ,in Africa ...Roots ,the story ,is fact based .

The war with Mexico to STEAL Tejas ...Texas .

The decimation of the American buffalo .

The Japanese internment camps during WW2,of american Japanese ,and then sending our enlisted American Japanese to Europe to fight the most dangerous battles,but if they died,eh..who cares .Then,bombing Hiroshima and Kyoto ,which was all civilians and women and children .

Allowing Chinese immigrants to build our railroads,for pennies a day .Die doing it,and once it was built ,making it ILLEGAL for them to have a job or give a Chinese a job,as they were heathens as per the govt.

Duping the Sioux Indians off their land,and shoving them into reservations ,so we could steal the gold that was theirs in the black hills

Which is very similar to what we do in the middle east for oil today .

Any other indians we forced on to reservations ,to take their land..

And these are just a small outline of America's history.

The entire nations history ,is built on the blood of other people .

No,there is no other government quite like ours.

It ,of course,does not reflect the people as a whole ,but no one cares .

• Like 4

Simbi Laveux,

yes the Americans have done their fare share of it, the African, Asians and the Europeans are not innocent of slaughtering their fellow man either, it just seems that the Americans made more films about it than the rest of the world.

• Like 1

I always more embarrassed that we have a public education system that graduates people from the 8th grade who don't know that this "report" is OBVIOUSLY false.

I even more embarrassed that this lack of critical analysis translates to our electoral process.

That times a million !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shows some people believe anything they are told...... :blush:

For folks that do not check facts.........The " Daily Mail " is a tabloid paper......Like " The National Enquirer "......I almost feel sorry for people that see these things and believe them right away.

Key word....Almost.

Edited by Sakari

America gives you the right to leave this Country whenever you want....... :yes:

Also, this story is false, from a tabloid newspaper.....

It was actually a general statement . The story ,true or not,does not detract from America's need to dominate everyone else ,and control the fate of the world .

And gosh ,I would leave ,but every other country has much more comprehensive immigration laws than the USA .

Go figure .

• Like 2

Simbi Laveux,

yes the Americans have done their fare share of it, the African, Asians and the Europeans are not innocent of slaughtering their fellow man either, it just seems that the Americans made more films about it than the rest of the world.

Oh ,I never said everyone else is innocent ,and it has nothing to do with films .It's all out there in black and white,quite literally.

I mean which country had a civil war ,to end slavery of blacks ,that we went to Africa to catch ,like they were wild animals ?

Not even south Africa has the ku Klux clan .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Oh ,I never said everyone else is innocent ,and it has nothing to do with films .It's all out there in black and white,quite literally.

I mean which country had a civil war ,to end slavery of blacks ,that we went to Africa to catch ,like they were wild animals ?

Not even south Africa has the ku Klux clan .

the blacks were not the first slaves on this planet, why do some people think that??? Please remember that many of those black slaves were sold to the spanish by their own families then taken to America.

also there was a time when the celts and pagans got slaughtered because of a religion, the Americans had nothing to do with that.

I am not actually sticking up for the Americans, i am just saying that throughout history the Americans were not the worse.