Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs used as shark bait

__Kratos__

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.

The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.

A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.

The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.

But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.

The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:no:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jillh10

• frogfish

• JennRose

• glenndo4000

Saw this the other day... it's completely wrong. And for anyone who dares to use the argument "well fish are used as bait, what's the difference?"... the difference is that dogs are complex organisms that feel FAR more pain than fish... as well as feeling the nasty little emotions called fear and terror. Fish do not.

They suffer in a very real sense...

Edited by Richdog

Grrr....damn ignorant humans.

This is really just outrageous and I can't believe what I just read. Sadism taken to another level. I hope that the petition goes through.

BTW, that's stupid that a petition is even needed. The government should already take action on this.

6 counts of animal abuse. a Diffinent life sentence.

Edited by Nadal

That makes me Mad!!! :angry2:

I agree with Richdog, dogs and cats are complex organisms. How could some people be so cruel . . . . user posted image

I hope those cruel, cruel people get what's coming to 'em. :no: How could someone even think of doing that to a puppy or kitten? :cry:

I know what we could use for sharkbait instead of puppies...

These fools...

People just suck sometimes; I don't get how we can all be from the same species...

it'd be ok if they were dead, but live bait!? :no: thats a no no.

why can;t they use dead bait, and just cut them so the blood would attract the sharks.

Some one needs to be shot?

BANG :angry:

One shot one kill

Thats so horrible and disgusting. I dont understand how people can torture animals. Its just sick. I agree with Fluffybunny, the people should be used as shark bait instead.

Where would I have to travel to find these people!? *loads fishing gear while booking plane tickets*

Holy Crap!! Holy Crap! I cannot believe this, its so anti-human. A dog is supposed to be mans best friend and in refurse! A dog will always be next a man till the end and this is how they repay them?? I cant believe the French are so cruel :( They should be trown into the sharks themselfs :angry2:

I am so deaply disapointed in the French, I though they were civilized, guess we are all wrong.

And that pic is so horrible, damn I cant believe it. That dog should be a freakin hero!!

Erased by Nadal for racial comment during mass frenzy of hate.

Edited by Nadal

God help the poor fool that I ever catch doing such a thing.....is it any wonder I hate most people? :angry:

Most people would never do that, just a tiny, miniscule minority. Most people are nice really, it's just you never hear about them. It's nearly always bad people and bad things that make the news. :)

*Officaly hates french and doesn't want to capitalize their the first letter of their name because of his -100% respect for them*

I don't think reverting to racism is the answer to this.

Anyway this is nothing new, its been happening in the Medeterian for years.

That small manority of french I do, everyone should sign that petition to the French Embassey to stop this!

That small manority of french I do, everyone should sign that petition to the French Embassey to stop this!

As long as you remember this is a small majority. I read last year of British tourists doing the exact same thing off the coast of some North African country (I'm pretty sure it was Tunisa), and as much as I hated those individuals I did not blame all British people. In that instance the report brought it up because some guy rescued a kitten which had been abandoned in the ocean when the sharks hadn't turned up.

Apparently what happens is people breed them and then sell them to tourists who want to go shark seeing in the Med.

Let's Skewer them with a fishhook and drag them through the ocean, see if they like it.

Edited by StalingradK

As much as I hate reading about this... and the fact that this happens...

We have to understand that there are many nations of people out there who do not have the same views on animals as we do. To these people who use dogs and cats as shark bate only view them as lower life forms that are disposable.

Little do they know that there are a growing amount of people out there who think that humanity is just as disposable and wouldn't hessitate to use them as shark bate... *clears her throat and looks innocent*

Edited by SilverCougar

There are cultures that see cats and dogs has culinaries options...soo what?

^ Wtf? Source... Omg...