Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interracial couple denied marriage license..

InHuman

NEW ORLEANS — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.

arrow3.gifRead more...

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

LMAO..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• Mr  Honeybadger

• MARAB0D

• Bill Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. That's terrible. The quote is hilarious though. Sounds like he has no idea how stupid he comes across lol

"I'm not a racist.."

YES YOU ARE!!

That is awesome...the very definition of racism. But hey, they can use his toitoi, so all is well in the world. How many people reading this right now secretly agree with the guy, but would never say anything outloud? I bet a few based on some of the responses we get around here :)

sounds like a liberal response:lol:

Too bad... I am not a liberal... :no: not even close

I must be misunderstanding something... How such person can be a JP?

Welcome to the South...

sounds like a liberal response:lol:

*FACEPALMS*

I'm dismayed at my country sometimes.

The Huffington Post? hardly the most reliable source..

Every time I've read that site I crack up, like they're in a leftie Huff...

They always jump the gun and get their facts wrong.

That is awesome...the very definition of racism. But hey, they can use his toitoi, so all is well in the world. How many people reading this right now secretly agree with the guy, but would never say anything outloud? I bet a few based on some of the responses we get around here :)

I don't know about that. I bet you'd have a hard time finding many people on here who agree with the pastor. I know that I don't. And I've been called a racist many times on here.

What's sad though is that this pastor probably is a very nice man. That's just his way of thinking. As probably was for many many generations before him. But America is becoming more tolerant of interracial marriages and his way of thinking is slowly dying out.

I don't know about that. I bet you'd have a hard time finding many people on here who agree with the pastor. I know that I don't. And I've been called a racist many times on here.

What's sad though is that this pastor probably is a very nice man. That's just his way of thinking. As probably was for many many generations before him. But America is becoming more tolerant of interracial marriages and his way of thinking is slowly dying out.

Slowly dying out huh? :lol:

This is almost 2010, and soon Whites will be the minority in this Country,

I think his way of thingking died long ago(good riddance), not to mention the fact that the POTUS is a biracial ;)

I cant concieve any possible way to defend such a stance. That is ignorance in its fullest. One of the best relationships I ever had was with a asian girl. Obviously I would have took it very personal if I was told I was wrong for wanting to be with her. He should be removed from his possition.

I think his way of thingking died long ago(good riddance), not to mention the fact that the POTUS is a biracial ;)

Absolutly. In fact I didnt think it really existed at all in people not in a hate group, or with older people who were raised to think that way. I know White Southern Baptists who are married to others of a different race.

Yes. It is dying out.

And I'm sorry to inform you ( because I know that you hate to see this day come ), but the day will eventually come when blaming the country's woes on racism will even be less relevant than it even is now.

If I remember right, the law was on the books in Louisiana until either 1996 or 2000 prohibiting interracial marriage.

Personally, I couldn't care less. If someone gets lucky enough to love someone that loves them then, who cares what race they are? With divorce rates as high as they are, is the ethnic background really an issue?

As for me, I'm a mutt to start with. I'm German, Creek Indian, Dutch, Yiddish and who knows what else. If I went to a segregated swimming pool, I guess I could dangle one foot in the water... it'd be my luck it would be the foot that I lost last summer though.

mind boggling... I dont have anything nice to say so I will shut my mouth...

Okay I will say this, my faith in humanity just got sucker punched- again! WTF?

If that attitude was prevalent it wouldn't have made the news and many people I know wouldn't be married.

If whites become the minority does that mean we get free college and other perks minorities get??

Only after we spend years drinking from substandard water fountains, have our voting rights removed and are regularly abused by those in power.

Once we whites have been punished for being white, we have fought and died for the most basic human rights, then finally granted them, THEN we get to be treated all "special" and get free college.

<_<

Jeesh.

I hope you were being sarcastic.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

Only after we spend years drinking from substandard water fountains, have our voting rights removed and are regularly abused by those in power.

Once we whites have been punished for being white, we have fought and died for the most basic human rights, then finally granted them, THEN we get to be treated all "special" and get free college.

<_<

Jeesh.

Nibs

yes i was.. sorry i shoulda put(sarcasim) at the end of that sentence. Sometimes its hard to "voice" your emotion or tone over text! lol..

<_<

Jeesh.

Nibs

whoah chill out, white's are in the minority! Globally speaking..

Get into collage? Like er who created 'collage' in the first place?

I think, what you mean is why couldn't American have been created equally a bit more, or uniformly dumbed down when first created..

I don't know the answer.. but rest assured, it's happening now. :tu:

Just for the record, many of the public water fountains around here are pretty lousy.

You have to push the button really really hard and the water isn't even cold.

Who can I blame for this injustice ?

Just for the record, many of the public water fountains around here are pretty lousy.

You have to push the button really really hard and the water isn't even cold.

Who can I blame for this injustice ?

The pipes of liberty must be regulary greased and maintained by the blood of tyrants to ensure proper water flow.