Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

my theory about orbs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    AlienSama

AlienSama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:18 AM

orbs can only be shown in photos right? well, what if its just a thing that has to do with the flash? my theory

#2    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 24 September 2003 - 08:12 AM

don't quite really think so because i've seen a pic of an orb close-up in paranormal.about.com.i could actually see a few faces in it ph34r.gif .you could make the eyes and mouths out too...

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#3    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 08:42 AM

It could also be because of the dust on the lens.

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#4    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 24 September 2003 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (AlienSama @ Sep 24 2003, 01:18 AM)
orbs can only be shown in photos right? well, what if its just a thing that has to do with the flash? my theory

Wrong. Orbs don't only show up in photo's. They can be seen with the naked eye as well.

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#5    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 24 September 2003 - 04:26 PM

I agree with Oracle.  They are also seen with the naked eye.

I saw the reflection of one a few years back.

I was looking out of the window at night, with the room reflected behind me.
A small ball of light (about the size of a marble) moved swiftly but steadily across the room behind me.

Oracle knows his stuff on this, and he might correct me, but I think the orbs represent the essence or core of a spirit.

As for cameras, it's no co-incidence that orb sightings have gone up since the widespread use of digital cameras.  The damn things make every bit of dust look like an orb.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#6    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:02 PM

Orbs can be seen with the naked eye. I have seen a few myself in my time.

I would describe the ones I've seen as looking somewhat like a firework spark, only much dimmer, and moving in a purposeful and controlled direction. Usually shortlived, they are more often than not seen repeatedly in the same area during a specific, intense period of activity.

I'm not sure, however, that the orbs seen by digital cameras are the same ones that can be seen with the naked eye. Maybe a similar phenomenon but maybe not the same - the orbs I've seen have moved quickly and streaked around the room. Orb photos tend to show the orbs as stationary points of light. If they were moving quickly, the photos would show streaks, surely?    blink.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#7    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (TheOracle @ Sep 24 2003, 09:32 AM)
Wrong. Orbs don't only show up in photo's. They can be seen with the naked eye as well.

is it noticably easy to see?or do you need that kind of good observation? dontgetit.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#8    AnimangaBloodThorn

AnimangaBloodThorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Ashes to ashes, gas can to matches.

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:44 PM

I agree with the others, you can see orbs. I heard that orbs were energy that was trying to manifestate itself in that area...or something...

Cya!  

<center>Energizer bunny arrested, charged for battery.
If you are psychic, think "HONK."
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

'Welcome to the Doomsday Fan club and come on in and get blown to pieces with the rest of us!'

Nightwatcher-Conspiracy-AnimangaBloodThorn</center>

#9    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 05 October 2003 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ Sep 25 2003, 03:02 PM)
Orbs can be seen with the naked eye. I have seen a few myself in my time.

I would describe the ones I've seen as looking somewhat like a firework spark, only much dimmer, and moving in a purposeful and controlled direction. Usually shortlived, they are more often than not seen repeatedly in the same area during a specific, intense period of activity.

I'm not sure, however, that the orbs seen by digital cameras are the same ones that can be seen with the naked eye. Maybe a similar phenomenon but maybe not the same - the orbs I've seen have moved quickly and streaked around the room. Orb photos tend to show the orbs as stationary points of light. If they were moving quickly, the photos would show streaks, surely?    blink.gif

Oh what a nice surprise!!  We get a 'teaser' from LB!!  I hope this means you'll be back soon!    wub.gif
   btw,   I  think that's an interesting observation about orbs in photos.  Hadn't thought of it that way before.
   thumbsup.gif  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#10    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 01:16 AM

Eeekk!!   KC I think these sightings are becoming a little Elvis like .  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users