Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese candy making(video)

Simbi Laveau

God wish I could watch it, I love candy. I make walnut chocolate marshmallow creme fudge and everyone loves it. Too much actually so I only make it a couple of times a year.

• Like 1

God wish I could watch it, I love candy. I make walnut chocolate marshmallow creme fudge and everyone loves it. Too much actually so I only make it a couple of times a year.

You can't watch them ?

One is cotton candy ,and one is sugar art .They're very neat

The guy is standing there with a cotton candy machine and he has containers of sugar that are white, yellow and red. He begins with the white and spins cotton candy roughly like a fat corn dog shape :) Then he fluffs it out into a shape that's like a large mouthed bowl that's very small at the bottom (almost like a large cone). He changes over to a scoop of yellow colored sugar and spins the color over the outer edges of the cone then stops the machine while he uses a tool to pinch indentations in the outer edge of the bowl/cone so that it's not a circle any more, it's more like a flower with petals. Then he puts red sugar in the machine and spins another level of color and a larger area builds up around where the "petals" are. He stops again and pinches them into yet more petals with a red look. When he finishes it looks like a beautiful flower - exquisite!
  • Like 1

They make it look so easy. Thank you Simbi.

The sugar art is amazing ,and I've made cotton candy .

No idea how many hours of practice it takes to make it so it looks like that .

I just hope Mr Slugsworth isn't watching this.

We don't want him to steal all their candy making secrets.