Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Sphinx and GP dates from 10 500 BC?

• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#61    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,410 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostScott Creighton, on 02 June 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

SC: And that is because it is not the responsibility of alternatives to falsify Egyptology but rather for Egyptology to prove its own case...

SC

Your concept in regards to this aspect would appear to be inaccurate. The burden of disproving current understandings lies upon you.

#62    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostErudite Celt, on 02 June 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Was the Sphinx built 10,500 BC ? I think there is tentative evidence that the Sphinx was in existence before the first Egyptian empire, it seem's to show evidence of having being remodelled by the Egyptians themselfs but! it still ain't 10,500 years old. The bigger mystery is who did build it, if not the Egyptians then who? It certainly weren't aliens as is being postulated in the video, but it is interesting that the constellation of Leo periodically rises between the feet of the Sphinx [originally a lion]. Leo was rising between the feet of the Sphinx when Christ was born! The star described in the gospels as rising in the east as seen by the Zoroastrian  Magi must have been rising in the constellation of Leo as in  Zoroastrian Mystical culture an event in Leo was always associated with Kingship, a star rising = a new King or Kingdom, a star falling = the passing away of a King or Kingdom.
I'm not saying my idea is correct, but just floating it, but as is always the case in public forums the idea is bound to have a few torpedoes fired clean across her beams.
That is intersting indeed.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#63    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,362 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 02 June 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

<snip>
This is a tough day for me. It marks the one-year anniversary of my mom's passing,

<snip>

My condolences KMT! I lost my dad end July last year, so I know the feeling. Still miss him.

That said, please keep up the great posts. While Egyptology is certainly not my field and I thus have very little to offer, I truly enjoy a lot of the information offered here by a number of great posters, yourself included.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#64    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,718 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 03 June 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

My condolences KMT! I lost my dad end July last year, so I know the feeling. Still miss him.

That said, please keep up the great posts. While Egyptology is certainly not my field and I thus have very little to offer, I truly enjoy a lot of the information offered here by a number of great posters, yourself included.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Thank you, badeskov. I appreciate your kind words, and my sincere condolences on your father's passing. I know what you're going through. I still miss my mom, every day. Fortunately my dad is still with us, and he's doing well.

I plan to keep up the posting, so don't worry about that. I'll admit, however, that I'm a bit bemused and disconcerted by the fact that I should be attacked by certain posters because I happen to respect orthodox research as well as enjoy studying history. If I am to apologize for the stuff I've learned, these posters who assail me will be sadly disappointed. I don't know what they think they're doing.

I also enjoy a lot of the posters at UM. There are some highly intelligent people here. :tu:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#65    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

Kmt, I offer my condolences as well. I've lost friends and family, and I know no words are enough.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#66    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,718 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 03 June 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Kmt, I offer my condolences as well. I've lost friends and family, and I know no words are enough.

Nevertheless, ShadowSot, a kind word truly helps, so I thank you. :)

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#67    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,615 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 03 June 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Nevertheless, ShadowSot, a kind word truly helps, so I thank you. :)

Where I am a little awkward in formulating these kind of things, but consider that I try to do what I can for a friend.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#68    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,537 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Kmt,

For the father you have lost, with respect...

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#69    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 June 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Just a little detail: That the Sphinx is located in the middle of the quarry used to source the stones for the great pyramid does not make anybody realize its origin?

this is the first thing i thought when i saw this.

if you think about the concept of the sphinx being there before it becomes rather silly.
as to the disproportionate head, im no stone worker but isnt it possible they damaged it and had to recarve it?

#70    tri-lobe

tri-lobe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

what an interesting thread.....

Hey...L...have you learned any thing from your question???

Did the gang set you striaght....

5 yrs ago people where asking the same question....

in 5 yrs time people will ask the same question....

You...IMOH...will not get  the answer off this forum......

This forum rides on the coat-tails of other peoples work....

None of the experts on this site have done original work..,..they are none producive dead wood.....

Even the great KTM.....is just an enthusiastic amature...not my saying....this is a derogatory term .....used by the professionals
to put people in their place....JUST like ktm uses, even against a new poster....

He is not the only one.....This forum is full is full of experts that have presented.....no original work....

Do you know that a psychologist will  set you striaght with AE stone manufacture....who would habve thunk????????????????

Please don't take my opinion as gospel on this......
check out the Ancientpolyon thread........this is how the cabal weclcomes a new  member....

What a low-brow thread that one was.....

Hall Of MAAT is where i go for AE......not this forum.......

For me this forum dose'nt answer any questions.......because no-member/expert...is doing any work....

Blah Blah blah.....is all I see on this forum.....

Use some-one eles's work to back-up your dogmar.....

Members of the cabal need not reply....I've heard your stuff before....bite me....

#71    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Posttri-lobe, on 03 June 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

what an interesting thread.....

Hey...L...have you learned any thing from your question???

Did the gang set you striaght....

5 yrs ago people where asking the same question....

in 5 yrs time people will ask the same question....

You...IMOH...will not get  the answer off this forum......

This forum rides on the coat-tails of other peoples work....

None of the experts on this site have done original work..,..they are none producive dead wood.....

Even the great KTM.....is just an enthusiastic amature...not my saying....this is a derogatory term .....used by the professionals
to put people in their place....JUST like ktm uses, even against a new poster....

He is not the only one.....This forum is full is full of experts that have presented.....no original work....

Do you know that a psychologist will  set you striaght with AE stone manufacture....who would habve thunk????????????????

Please don't take my opinion as gospel on this......
check out the Ancientpolyon thread........this is how the cabal weclcomes a new  member....

What a low-brow thread that one was.....

Hall Of MAAT is where i go for AE......not this forum.......

For me this forum dose'nt answer any questions.......because no-member/expert...is doing any work....

Blah Blah blah.....is all I see on this forum.....

Use some-one eles's work to back-up your dogmar.....

Members of the cabal need not reply....I've heard your stuff before....bite me....

Hi tri lobe,
I read your posts before about tri lobed disc. I must say that I espect that this thread become educational in the future. When something new(old) idea is brought and its huge(or fabricated) it sure will cause a lot of storm. You must espect this. Maybe thats better then not geting feedback at all. I have had some realy nice threads with valid questions yet they were or ignored or people didnt know what to say. But I highly doubt last one is cause since many of UMers would at least say something to keep fire going. I would not call them gang. They are interesting, thoughtfull, wise, educated and above all (some) polite people. I must say they are far connected on this site (who were they?? I guess skeptiks) then for example  "bizzare fringes" as first one used to call people with questions and creative ideas. But skepiks arent guilty for it. Scott and you shouldnt be scared or anything. They wont bite you. They are here fot speuculation and talk. Who say that you can wrote here same as in others forums? Personally I would be happy. Maybe I wont get answer on this forum and thats because on some questions no one knows answer. It better to have open good question then wrong answer, imho. Beside I like some of your posts I beg you that you dont fight against person fight against arguments. I dont know why Kmt worries you? He is a great and nice guy. No one say that his words are last. He is here same you and me. It just his opinon, which I respect same as others. And I can see you are upset but I would like that you calm down and that you too do some "blah blah". Because thats why we are here. And if you knows better and different we NEED you. Its like Germans used to tell when looking for new workers:" I dont want ones who thinks like me, hire someone that thinks differently."
I hope you all will calm down and stay for good.

EDIT: This could be start of wonderfull friendship although I doubt since my lack of social skills. But we could try, what do you think? :)

Edited by the L, 03 June 2012 - 10:48 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#72    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

No thanks,hard enough getting the taste of crap out of my mouth after browsing the politics forum.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#73    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,537 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

View Posttri-lobe, on 03 June 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Without wanting to start anything unseemly, again, I would like to ask why anything presented here has to be "original" to be correct?

It might simply be the case, with people asking question that have already been answered by orthodoxy, that those people have not read of those answers. So the answers, while not original to others, will be original to them.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#74    tri-lobe

tri-lobe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 03 June 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

No thanks,hard enough getting the taste of crap out of my mouth after browsing the politics forum.

HEY SS,

Thank you for your input.....it really help the thread move forword in a positive drection.....

are you part of the cabal.....if so bite me ......are you part of the unpreductive dead wood on this forum .......

this website is an alternative history website.......or is one not allowed by the thread nazis....to go into an alternative area

What is the story of the cabal on this forum????.....

hey ss ....if you have a bad taste in you mouth.....maybe you should change you diet......

pick a new avitar and a new diet and stop wasting youre time on this web site.....

You lazy mouth piecies.....no work by you're self's .....

#75    Scott Creighton

Scott Creighton

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

• Consensus opinion isn't fact.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostSwede, on 03 June 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

The burden of disproving current understandings lies upon you.

SC: You are effectively asking me to prove a negative - a logical fallacy. Whilst it is possible to disprove a positive, I do not believe Egyptology has presented sufficient evidence to prove its hypothesis in the positive and it is the responsibility of Egyptology to prove the positive assertion i.e. its own case, not for me to disprove what hasn't yet been proven. It is the responsibility also of Egyptology to provide the test(s) whereby its hypothesis can be falsified. What test(s) has Egyptology presented that allows us to falsify their hypothesis?

Best wishes,

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton, 03 June 2012 - 01:14 PM.

"The man o' independent mind... is king o' men, for a' that." - Robert Burns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users