Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theories on the Bermuda Triangle

MyYoungBlood

THEORY1:Atlantis is at the very bottom,being guarded by The Kraken.

THEORY2:It's a base of operations for aliens and UFO'S.

THEORY3:There is a worm hole or Black hole in a certain location.

NOW SHARE YOURS!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DДrk_Lotu§

• aquatus1

• Mattshark

• Meiliken

THEORY 1 - It is a geologically active area that creates effects naturally.

THEORY 2 - It is an excuse for poor steering/ flying by people.

THEORY 3 - It is nothing, but urban myth blown out of proportion.

The bermuda triangle is very much like the rest of the wet bits of planet earth.

All of them have been the site of an awful lot of wrecks and crashes and disapearances. No one area is any more special than any other. Except I suppose that generally unmapped, shallow or rough seas are going to be more dangerous than nice sheltered land locked seas...

I reckon it was just the name that caught peoples imagination and stuck, when in fact its no more dangerous and probably less so than the Irish sea. Which if anything just shows how silly humans are. :D

I've heard the theory of methane gas bubbling to the surface and causing ships to lose buoyancy very quickly I've never believed in anything supernatural about the Bermuda triangle although it has always been quite interesting to read about

yeah Ive heard of that and seen a few TV demos of it. Easily the source of every giant sea monster myth! And scary as hell if your the poor sod on the ship thats about to be smashed in half by a few bubbles under the hull!

yes the ship sank quite violently it would not be very enjoyable whatsoever

Had a friend who was a commander of the Cuban Navy before he defected and he sailed those waters every day on his duty. He says that he never noticed anything strange or that did not have an explanation.

So my theory is: there is a lot of water there.

NOW SHARE YOURS!

well actually its theory2 but i cannot say for sure ,you know how it is.

i can't make sense out of that post myself care to explain malago?

I've heard the theory of methane gas bubbling to the surface and causing ships to lose buoyancy very quickly I've never believed in anything supernatural about the Bermuda triangle although it has always been quite interesting to read about

I remember seeing a program on the same theory,and didn,t they do a scaled down simulation of it? But i can,t remember weather they proved or debunked it?! Anyways it,s fun to speculate! :yes:

well the proved that if methane gas were to bubble to the surface the ship would definitely sink but they can't say that is the only possible explanation there's other theory's like freak waves and such

NOW SHARE YOURS!

I heard that Atlantic when up in a giant mushroom cloud "Atomic bomb"

NOW SHARE YOURS!

The Bermuda Triangle used to be either the North or South Pole.

kind of like the above poster sirfiroth? lol

NOW SHARE YOURS!

THEORY 4: Its a three piece Bermudean percussion band.

lol. Well, the theory of a black hole is specific seems odd to me because a black hole supposedly sucks EVERYTHING in. Even light. If there where a black hole in the Bermuda triangle, then the whole world would implode on itself wouldn't it? A wormhole, possibly, but there would have to be multiple wormholes. I too saw the methane gas specials on tv. I think that's the cause personally, but then again, what's the deal with the compasses in planes going haywire? It's just something we'll probably never be able to offer one single explanation for.

I have heard about the methane gas theory before. The other theories I haven't and I can only pull this face ---> :o

Out of interest, does anyone know the last recorded date of a disappearane re The Bermuda Triangle. I don't, I was just wondering.

this is a direct quote:

"There is much support for the theory that UFO's and extraterrestrials are responsible for the many losses in the Triangle. Seamen have reported sightings of “strange flying aircraft” and immediately claimed that they were occupied by ET's, and when they reach the media, the story spreads-though it may not be true. Before long, the idea spreads that the missing people may have been abducted. This had become popular in the mid-1950's; around the time of the testing of many experimental government aircraft. When sightings of one of these aircraft occurred, civilians would notify the Tabloids that an UFO have passed over their house, and even provide a photo that they had taken."

source:

http://www.socyberty.com/Paranormal/The-Be...heories.29427/2

I'm sure there have been incidents since the 50's, but this is all I could surface with 30 minutes or so of research.

Edited by drumbum

I'm unsure on the last known disappearance lotus sorry i searched but couldn't come up with anything after the 1960's my favorite story is still the Mary Celeste :D as for the whole compass going haywire problem that can easily be explained drum! The Bermuda Triangle region has some unusual features. It's one of only two places on Earth—the other being an area nicknamed the Devil's Sea off the east coast of Japan, which has a similar mysterious reputation—where true north and magnetic north line up, which can make compass readings dicey

Edited by DДrk_Lotu§

THEORY 1 - It is a geologically active area that creates effects naturally.

THEORY 2 - It is an excuse for poor steering/ flying by people.

THEORY 3 - It is nothing, but urban myth blown out of proportion.

you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. Well, the theory of a black hole is specific seems odd to me because a black hole supposedly sucks EVERYTHING in.

Sorry forgot about that.