Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Racism by NEA? Yes!

joc

Palm Beach, Fla. (CBS TAMPA) – The Florida State Board of Education passed a plan that sets goals for studentsicon1.png in math and reading based upon their race.

On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be readingicon1.png at or above grade level.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can anyone explain to me why this is a good idea and is NOT racism? Good grief!

It actually wasn't imlemented by the NEA...but you know what I mean...

Edited by joc

Palm Beach, Fla. (CBS TAMPA) – The Florida State Board of Education passed a plan that sets goals for studentsicon1.png in math and reading based upon their race.

On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be readingicon1.png at or above grade level.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is not a good idea. It's only there as an overly PC way of making everybody feel good. Achievement by merit is becoming a thing of the past. Eventually the only requirement to pass a test will be to simply show up and fill in blanks. After all, awarding success in America just isn't fair anymore. Slouches must be lied to and pandered so not to hurt their feelings. The future workforce is bound for trouble. This leads to a world full of f-ups and sissies.

• Like 1

Link

Shouldn't the goal be set at 100% for all? :yes:

This "strategic plan" is generalizing every group! :cry:

• Like 2

I don't know if its this way now but if you were black you didn't have to do as well to become a doctor. I think everyone should be expected to do the same because if not just because of race you are going to automatically assume they aren't that good at what they do.

I think it is definately racism, but is meant in a good way. :whistle: They are probably setting their goals based on existing numbers and adding some percentage, such as 125% of current numbers, so it makes sense. The goal should be for all students to be able to read, IMHO.

We'll know when society has failed because, it will not be the goals that are set differently, but the grading systems that will be different. When 45% for a African American is a C, and 75% for an Asian American is a C, then things will be heading toward total ruin. :gun:

• Like 1

we all know jow they're going to achieve this ... they're going to change how reading i graded and accessed, not aim to actually improve literacy skills.

• Like 1

we all know jow they're going to achieve this ... they're going to change how reading i graded and accessed, not aim to actually improve literacy skills.

...and we all know why they are doing this...let's just say it has a lot less to do with education...and ...everything to do with Money from the Big Tit

• Like 1

...and we all know why they are doing this...let's just say it has a lot less to do with education...and ...everything to do with Money from the Big Tit

I thought the minorities were to be lifted up due to Slavery Guilt?? Personally, I have made a good Geneology on Ancestory.com and found that several of my ancestors did own slaves. But, I don't feel bad about it, because that was 4+ generations ago.

Feeding Big Gov is definately part of it though.