Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

A very strange event just occurred.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. I just bought a breakfast sandwich at a bagel shop. Then I went right next door to Starbucks, When I get there, I did not have my bank card. I just used it 2 minutes ago. Signed and everything. I only carry one bank card and no credit cards. I specifically remember pulling out the card and using it. I thought I dropped it so i looked everywhere for it and ask both businesses if Somone just turned it in. Then all of a sudden I remember giving it to my wife last night to buy something...... She never gave it back. I called her to confirm. She still has it.

How in the hell did I just buy this breakfast sandwich?. I'm stumped at how all of this just went down and frankly a little creeped out!!!

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#2    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Used Cash?

Thanks,

Edited by Super-Fly, 26 October 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 26 October 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Used Cash?

Thanks,
Nop I have the receipt.

"VISA     Entry method: swiped "

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

oooh that's creepy!
so the receipt says you used visa? do you happen to know where your visa card is or was at the time?
is it possible that someone else paid for your stuff with their visa, meaning could the cashier (oops they're called barristas; pardon me lol) have rung it up with someone else's card?
in any case, that is weird!

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 October 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

oooh that's creepy!
so the receipt says you used visa? do you happen to know where your visa card is or was at the time?
is it possible that someone else paid for your stuff with their visa, meaning could the cashier (oops they're called barristas; pardon me lol) have rung it up with someone else's card?
in any case, that is weird!
That's what I was thinking to. But I could swear I gave her my card. My actual card is in my wife's purse on the other side of town, I made her check.

The only thing I can come up with is that I gave them my cost co card or something and in their computer it was ran on the personbefore me's card.

But guess what. ( I'm checking the receipt right now) The recipt has the last four digits of my card, and it's dated 10/26/12 ( I checked. Just in case it was a receipt from another day......)

This gets creepyer by the moment. I'm completely out of explanations.... :( or I'm finally off my rocker...

Edited by Seeker79, 26 October 2012 - 06:15 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#6    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wolf Messing supposedly handed a bank teller a piece of paper with a number written on it, she somehow mistook if for a check that he wanted to cash and gave him a stack of bills. He supposedly was a famous hypnotist. He said his secret was "acting completely normal".

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Wolf_Messing

Edited by WoIverine, 26 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#7    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 26 October 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Wolf Messing supposedly handed a bank teller a piece of paper with a number written on it, she somehow mistook if for a check that he wanted to cash and gave him a stack of bills. He supposedly was a famous hypnotist. He said his secret was "acting completely normal".

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Wolf_Messing
I would agree actually but I have the receipt right here in stareing at it. And my card is with my wife at work. How???? I only have one card. Even if I did not the last four digits would be different.

At this point I can't imagine what could have happened. I cant get it out of my head.

Edited by Seeker79, 26 October 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#8    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Remember swiping it through the machine? Do they have cameras? That would be some interesting tape. Maybe you used an alternate credit card and didn't realize? Maybe you have different cards with the same last numbers and never noticed it before? That's rare, but it happens. Check the online statement of the card you think you purchased the sandwich with to see if it shows the bagel shop transaction, make sure the dates match too. If they somehow rung up your sandwich without the card you think you used, I would probably cancel the card because the shop has logged your card number and account information, that's kind of dangerous.

Edited by WoIverine, 26 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#9    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,449 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well, the only creepy explaination I can think of is non intentional Telekineses..
The card was "temporarily" Bilocated into your wallet so you could have a healthy breakfast..
But when it came to having a coffee, nup, it was gone..
*shrugs*

Question though... The statement said Visa? But your wife has a bankcard?
That's two different things imo.. Or perhaps it's different in other countries..

#10    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 October 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

That's what I was thinking to. But I could swear I gave her my card. My actual card is in my wife's purse on the other side of town, I made her check.

The only thing I can come up with is that I gave them my cost co card or something and in their computer it was ran on the personbefore me's card.

But guess what. ( I'm checking the receipt right now) The recipt has the last four digits of my card, and it's dated 10/26/12 ( I checked. Just in case it was a receipt from another day......)

This gets creepyer by the moment. I'm completely out of explanations.... :( or I'm finally off my rocker...
at the risk of you thinking i'm going soft again, i gotta say i'm really intrigued by this. i won't go into detail but i've had a similar thing happen once or twice in my life and never did figure it out, but even if i hadn't i don't think you'd make a story up like this.
surprised? ha! my evil plan is working then

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

My bank card uses the visa network. I checked my account and there is no pending transaction. It was not my card..... How could it have been?

I think it was the person in front of me. I gave some random card, it was buisy she just swiped it fast and gave it back. The previous transaction was not closed out yet, and the persons last 4 digits just happen to match mine. I have had crazy syncronistic events happen before.

Either that or some spooky thought form manifestation. I ll go with the synchronicity... But it blows my mind, the amount of events that had to coincide to make that happen.

Edited by Seeker79, 26 October 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#12    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

cooool !  you are one creepy duded :D !    i want those powers too ! . .

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Aaahhhhh,if I had a phantom credit card ,I would just thank my lucky stars,and go buy a car or two .

Miss me?

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,097 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 26 October 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Aaahhhhh,if I had a phantom credit card ,I would just thank my lucky stars,and go buy a car or two .
No kidding! Why can't that happen more often?  I should been buying something expensive.

Bruce Lee-

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 October 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

No kidding! Why can't that happen more often?  I should been buying something expensive.
I would walk into a Lexus dealership ,and try my luck anyway . Something is up astrologically right now.....between now and mid November .
Odd luck for various reasons .

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users