Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senator Wants To Pull Plug on Race

Kowalski

Conn. Senator Is Actually Urging Fox Not to Air Saturday’s NASCAR Race…Because the NRA Is Sponsoring It

U.S. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., speaks at a gun violence conference as U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., left, listens in Danbury, Conn., Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013. The conference, organized by members of the state's congressional delegation is to push President Barack Obama's gun control proposals.

Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy does not like the NRA, and he's making that quite clear. In a letter to News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch, he's asking that Fox cancel plans to air Saturday's NASCAR Sprint Cup race -- because the NRA is sponsoring it.

Murphy wrote that the race is taking place during Senate consideration of legislation to reduce gun violence in the wake of the elementary school shootings last December in Newtown, Conn., and feared the race will give national attention "to an organization that has been the face of one side of this heated debate."

Fox officials declined comment Thursday. The NRA 500 from Texas Motor Speedway will be broadcast as scheduled.

Murphy also questioned the Victory Lane tradition at Texas, where the winner gets a cowboy hat and can fire six-shooters loaded with blanks into the air.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.com/conn-senator-actually-urging-fox-not-air-saturday-144030073.html

:angry:

• Like 2

he is from conn. and wants to stop tradition held in Texas?? lol

i call it bloomberg desiese, when senator\mayor.. from one state sticks his nose in other states buissnes. it is extreamly contageous

• Like 3

he is from conn. and wants to stop tradition held in Texas?? lol

i call it bloomberg desiese, when senator\mayor.. from one state sticks his nose in other states buissnes. it is extreamly contageous

Well, he needs to mind his own business...

• Like 2

I guess he is afraid this will rain on his gun control parade. I hope there's a flood.

• Like 2

So a yankee wants to cancel a NASCAR race, in the south, because he doesn't like guns?

I'm sure this will go over well.

• Like 2

So a yankee wants to cancel a NASCAR race, in the south, because he doesn't like guns?

I'm sure this will go over well.

Yeah, I know... :lol:

• Like 1

Let me get this straight. He wants FOX to not broadcast a race in which the NRA is sponsoring NASCAR in TEXAS? wait for it........wait for it...... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2