Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most revolting things you've ever eaten?

Skeptic Chicken

Not including minor allergic reactions (eg: I have a slight allergy to walnut's, so if I eat a cake with them in it, it just becomes unbearable and uncomfortable to eat.).

If it was from a resteraunt, don't say the name, don't want to turn this into a bashing thread.

-------------------------------

- My nan cooked us a beef mince curry once. Me and my brother adore mince curry's, so we digged in. Little did we know, for some reason she put apple sauce in it....

- My mother made me a sandwich for school once, I looked at the cross-section where she cut it and thought it was silverside (corned beef roast or whatever it is) sliced, and so I took a bite, turns out it was some wierd puree'd silverside which was mainly grisle.

- I shamefully cooked a loaf of garlic bread in the oven for the allotted time, and after eating a slice, realized I should have pulled the paper seperating the layer's of garlic butter from one another out. The garlic butter was still cold, yet the bread itself was cooked perfectly.

- I refridgerated a mandarin over-night at work, when the only way they should be refridgerated is in a cool-room environment (what supermarkets use to keep stock fresh and wet). It was like biting into an ice slushie, it was that kind of solid.

--------------------------------

And thats all I can think of right now.

school food, for me. God.....the gravy!

but sometimes there was the odd jem in crown, choclate crunch with pink sauce,

now that was great.

apart from that, the usual, gristle in steak bakes, bits of bone and sinues in curries.

damn, iv eaten some crap...

nice post op!

• Like 2

celery

• Like 3

Duck's blood soup. My ex mother in-law was Polish and this was supposed to be a delicacy. Arghh!

• Like 1

Pork (hog) liver and lung mix. Where do I go to pick up my award?

• Like 1

ive said it before but it bears repeating, celery

have i mentioned i REALLY ****ing hate celery

Squid - puke :td:

are you mental!! squid is lovely

• Like 1

are you mental!! squid is lovely

Not the one I had! boke!

no your wrong i love a bit of calamari, now if you had said celery i would agree with you

i dont like celery

celery is gross... the mere thought makes me want to barf. its all stringy ;(

• Like 1

Riz de veau (thymus gland of a calf), prepared by my sister in law for my husband and I because it's his favorite and considered a delicacy in Europe. Another time in West Africa we were invited to eat a stew of a bird "with black feathers, pointed beak"... from their description I was convinced I was eating crow (bush meat). Luckily it turned out to be guineafowl!

• Like 1

no your wrong i love a bit of calamari, now if you had said celery i would agree with you

i dont like celery

Well, I like celery...dipped in natural yogurt... apparently it has that much water content, you can fore-go the glass of water...eat enough celery and it don't matter if you are in a drought!

So far the most yucky thing I had was creamed spinach. It looks like something a cat, with digestive issues, left in the litter box.

• Like 1

Well, I like celery...dipped in natural yogurt... apparently it has that much water content, you can fore-go the glass of water...eat enough celery and it don't matter if you are in a drought!

It also has the advantage that it actually requires more calories to digest than it provides. I like it well sauteed and included in salads and dressings.
  • Like 1

Pretty much anything my ex-wife cooked. :D

• Like 3

i dont like celery

• Like 1

So far the most yucky thing I had was creamed spinach. It looks like something a cat, with digestive issues, left in the litter box.

Your description of the most yucky thing you've eaten... has got to up there with "one of the most revolting things I've ever imagined..yuk!"

• Like 1

I've had Lemur and South African Suricata (not at the same time), and neither one of those were particularly scrumptious, but I know the worst thing ever for me had to be when I ended up laying face down next to someone who was shot dead, and their blood ran onto my face and clothes and the smell and the entire sensation was just horrific. I know when I was a lot more into boxing I used to get up and drink raw organic eggs before I ran at 4:30 in the morning 6 days a week, and that wasn't fun.

Some more:

- One Christmas when I was young (maybe 7 or 8), my nan gave us some mince pies. Being a child who grew up adoring Party Pies and Sausage Rolls, I dived into the offering... and that is why I hate fruit mince and fruit cakes.

- Carrot cake... Just something about it should be launched into space in hopes that it'll never be seen again. To clarify, I don't see why you'd put a vegetable that can quite easily become the most bitter/sour vegetable if the harvest is slightly tainted into a cake,

- I hade a kangaroo mini-roast once... Yeah. It was different. like, 20% managable, 90% unbearably chewy.... the percentages are intended to be that way.

I like all seafood shellfish ect, once i had squid cooked in squid ink it didn't taste to bad but i was really ill with gastroenteritis fluid flowed from all orifices for about 4 days i lost about 12lb in weight.

Liver....yuck !