Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Motorola Wants to Tattoo a Mic on Your Throat

Still Waters

According to a patent application filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office, Motorola has a technology that tattoos a microphone onto a person's throat. The microphone, which comes with a power supply, an antenna, a receiver and an optional display, would pair with mobile devices over Bluetooth.

http://news.discover...roat-131108.htm

Not a chance in..........

• Like 1

If people contend that a tattoo is actual art, then I suppose I have no problem calling a tattooed microphone functional art. Personally, I find both shortsighted and barbaric.

• Like 2

NO! :no: :no: :no: :no:

If people contend that a tattoo is actual art, then I suppose I have no problem calling a tattooed microphone functional art. Personally, I find both shortsighted and barbaric.

See, I'm good with tattoos as art, but unless it allows me super strength, jet packs, or lasers, I'm not installing tech into my body.

So, when it's get's "hacked", people can listen in to my every vocalization? Not for me.

I don't even want a cell phone, so no.

• Like 1

yeah this will never catch on. I hope whoever was at the board meeting who came up with this just gets fired

• Like 1

This is one of those "over my dead body" kind of things...and that would rather nullify the entire concept. No one should agree to this, I'd go so far as to say it really shouldn't even be legal.

You wont have a choise. They can just develop the tech to a point where it's just one sting of the needle and you got the mic and transmitter both, or hack to the mic through your cellphone. This will inevitably happen.

Think about everything you say, to your kids, to your husband, to your friends about other topics. To police, investigators, higher authority... even when you get a traffic ticket....or in a custody case or lawyers in general, what about conversations with your doctor, It would all be recorded-tapped into and saved to use against you.

Intimacy exposed, privacy trumped on..... Didn't they make movies about this?

• Like 1

This is not for me, but I could see young teens loving it.

I thought the original idea was to put a credit card chip and a phone chip into the back of your left hand??

Just as hard to loose and could be just as much a piece of art.

• 3 weeks later...

What if you talk in your sleep? And your phone has voice recognition. And you sleep-call people?