Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

NatureBoff

I want a place to record all the dogman-type encounters that are being posted recently.

Here's the first:

Hi all this is my first post as I have only really just come across this website in the last few weeks. After going a few pages into I think this forum or the crypt zoology I came across a thread and one of the replies spoken of the the ' welsh werewolf '. Now I live on the outskirts of Cardiff the capitol city of Wales and I have never heard of this. But it immediately reminded me of two separate experiences I have had in the surrounding fields and forest not 5 mins from my house. The first, I was about 11 and a friend a I were riding our bikes near the bushes when we stopped by some thick high grass we stood around for a bit. It was a sunny, clear skies but we both heard a low growling, as we were kids and we couldn't see what was making this sounds we crapped ourselves and rode of as fast we could, we haven't spoken about it since. Now the second was much mor clear, I was walking my dog along th brush of the forest whilst listening to my iPod, I was oblivious to what was going on around me, but when my dog yanked on the lead which he didn't often do I turned and took my headphone out to see why he had broken into a barking frenzy.attired I could not see the creature but it moved which drew my attention, I was stood 20ftinfornt of me stoodinbetween two trees. It was skiiny,and slender but unlike was a dog,the fur tangled but it was a charcoal colour. The reason I refuse to believe it was a dog is because it's face was elongated like a wolf . This is when it gets messed up, as I turned to run it turned to the trees stood on it's hind legs ran across the bush and into the forest. I was so scared I ran past my house and to my nans. I don't think it was a wolf because a) what sort of wolf gets up on it's hind legs and runs like a human and the closest wolves to where I live are in longleaf safari park 80+ miles away and there have been no reports of any escapes. Now the second was experience was last march when I was 16 and to this day I can remember it perfectly. I don't want to say it is werewolf but I am being led to say that. Does anyone know what I saw ?

Cheers

Source link

Edited by Saru
Added source link
  • Like 1

• Like 3

Hi Smugfish - presumably you are still looking for classic giant hyrax encounters?

Edited by Oppono Astos

Isn't it odd that we don't have lots of reports of 'rino men' or 'giraffe men' and yet many reports of dog men. Isn't it freaky that it centers around an extremely common animal that most of us would see every single day. Its almost like most, if not all, of the 'dog men' sightings are, wait for it......DOGS.

• Like 1

Isn't it odd that we don't have lots of reports of 'rino men' or 'giraffe men' and yet many reports of dog men. Isn't it freaky that it centers around an extremely common animal that most of us would see every single day. Its almost like most, if not all, of the 'dog men' sightings are, wait for it......DOGS.

You're be-littling the story in the OP. He clearly saw the animal run way on TWO LEGS! Not many canines do this..

You're be-littling the story in the OP. He clearly saw the animal run way on TWO LEGS! Not many canines do this..

Exactly, skepticism has no place in this thread.

Some canines will stand on their hind legs to look over things or get a better view over tall bushes and trees. I've seen foxes do this (yes, not technically canine, I know, but visually pretty damn close). I've seen dogs do this. Get a slender dog like a greyhound do this, or an irish wolf hound, and, in the bushes, it could look a bit freaky.

Besides which, where is the proof that this thing 'ran on two legs'? None, just this person's word on it.

What if they did indeed see a dog rearing up, then it dropped back down to all fours, thusly being obscured in the bush, and its human owner then appeared and trotted off with it, giving the appearance it was the dog 'running off on two legs'.

Im not necessarily a sceptic, Im open to things, so just screaming OMG SCEPTIC at me isn't really accurate. Im just saying that it doesn't surprise me in a world full of dogs, animals that have less fear than most getting close to people, that people see a lot of 'dog monsters'.

Usually through undergrowth and bushes.

• Like 1

Could have been a dog. ^_^
  • Like 2

Some canines will stand on their hind legs to look over things or get a better view over tall bushes and trees. I've seen foxes do this (yes, not technically canine, I know, but visually pretty damn close). I've seen dogs do this. Get a slender dog like a greyhound do this, or an irish wolf hound, and, in the bushes, it could look a bit freaky.

Besides which, where is the proof that this thing 'ran on two legs'? None, just this person's word on it.

What if they did indeed see a dog rearing up, then it dropped back down to all fours, thusly being obscured in the bush, and its human owner then appeared and trotted off with it, giving the appearance it was the dog 'running off on two legs'.

Im not necessarily a sceptic, Im open to things, so just screaming OMG SCEPTIC at me isn't really accurate. Im just saying that it doesn't surprise me in a world full of dogs, animals that have less fear than most getting close to people, that people see a lot of 'dog monsters'.

Let's wait for more accounts then so we can make a more informed educated guess. I just found this on a google search of "bipedal wolf":
Short history: heritage - Irish and Cherokee. The bipedal wolf was seen by my fathers family when they were children. It was thought to be a living breathing animal, this was during the late 1920s thru 1930s. Seen again in adulthood by couple of them. In late 1950s, mother saw something run across our front yard on it's hind-legs one night. I have been seeing an apparition of a bipedal wolf since 1981, I'm the only family member that sees it, it has never harmed me. Has scared the you know what out of me once, but thats not harm. (I opened my eyes and it was standing over me.) Was wondering not only why it attached itself to our family but why is it bipedal, standing over six feet tall. The reason I ask is I have now confirmed there is a male voice making a loud noise in my ear. I only hear spirit voices with my right ear, like listening to someone talk when the phone is to your right ear. Thats how I know the difference between spirit talk and my own brain chatter. At first I thought I was making the noise out loud in my sleep and wrote it off. Its not a word, but a noise, sort of like the noise you make when your flustrated. Once it was a growling sound, but I feel negative energy can't enter here. Since I was always in a light stage of sleep I wrote it off. But once I did try to make the noise when I was awake but couldn't get the voice deep enough and I could feel the vibes of the sound in my throat, which I never felt when I heard it. A couple of nights ago I had just turn off the tv and laid down when I heard the male's voice again, the flustered sound, this time I knew I was not asleep and I was not the one making the noise. The last time I ignored someone trying to get my attention I woke to the wolf standing over me, don't want to be scared like that again. Haven't tried contact yet, I did what I need to stop doing and that is go, what the hell was that, think about for about a minute, then lay down and go to sleep. I know bad habit. I just feel there is a tie in to the wolf and would like to hear your opinions. Thank you for listening.
Source

Here's another one The Fen Werewolf

He then leaned over to pull out the road atlas from under the passenger seat. ‘As I was leaning over, I heard – and felt – something brush against the outside of the car, just inches from my head. It sounded like a stiff paintbrush against the passenger door. Then, almost immediately something caught the wing mirror as it passed.’ The mirror snapped back with a loud ‘clunk’. ‘The night was utterly silent – no birds or traffic. That sound made me jump out of my skin.’ As he sat up, Michael recalls hearing another sound. He describes it as ‘the same sound my dog’s feet make when it trots across the kitchen floor’. Looking out at the road ahead, and half expecting to see a dog or a fox, he was surprised to see an upright figure standing in the middle of the road. ‘It was tall, but hunched, about five metres from the front of the car. It looked like a man with his back to me, with his head down and his collar turned up, I thought, though I couldn’t quite make it out.’

Michael flicked the headlights back on, and got the shock of his life. ‘It immediately turned and looked towards the car, apparently startled. Its proportions weren’t like that of a man. The shoulders were very broad and its arms much longer, with an arched back. Its head was large and pushed forward, almost like a bear’s. The lower body appeared hairy, but the head and neck were covered in shaggy grey fur. It looked damp and matted, like the fur on a fox, and for a moment its eyes reflected the headlights straight back like cat’s or a dog’s. I knew it was looking right at me.’ After a seconds hesitation, the figure ‘dropped on all fours’ and rapidly disappeared into the fog ahead. ‘I heard its feet for a few seconds, muffled by the fog, and then it was gone.’ The clock now read 10:59. The entire encounter had lasted less than a minute.

Edited by tailormaneinafog
  • Like 1

I was being sarcastic, tailormaneinafog seems to have the idea that any questioning or doubt is an insult.
  • Like 1

Let's wait for more accounts then so we can make a more informed educated guess. I just found this on a google search of "bipedal wolf":

Source

Here's another one The Fen Werewolf

Hi SMUGFISH, good to see you again...

Any more undeniable evidence you have? I'm convinced. seeing as people can never mis-identify animals or make up stories, and you gotta believe every anecdote and picture on the internet.

I was being sarcastic, tailormaneinafog seems to have the idea that any questioning or doubt is an insult.

Ohhh, no, no, I wasn't referring to you, I knew you were being sarcastic :P

tailormaneinafog, all you've done in response to my quite reasonable hypothesis is post two more unsubstantiated tales of weird creatures. And Im supposed to go 'oh! Of course! Well, it can't possibly what I suggested then, not now I've read two more reports!'

You've not provided me anything to show me my idea is wrong, or that I should believe these reports.

Where are the photos of these dogmen?

I've never, ever in my entire time being into the weird and wonderful, seen a single remotely convincing photo of a 'dogman'. Not one. Seen a few foxes peering in windows, random canine jaws, etc but no remotely interesting 'evidence'.

At least with bigfoot, there are some pics that are quite difficult to identify, and lots of pics, to boot. At least with aliens, there are a fair few unexplained videos and photos.

Dogmen? Not even a handful of photos or videos, and all are pretty unremarkable.

And perhaps I shouldn't say this, but you're talking to a therian, so Im hardly some kind of hard-headed disbeliever in anything unconventional. But do I believe in either physical shifting or dog-man hybrids? No. Sadly, I don't. Oh, I'd like to, I'd love to think 'werewolf' type creatures physically exist.

But I'd also love to see a photo of a supposed one that isn't obviously a dog, fox, or man walking through the woods.

Okay, you might be right that I'm a bit tired of the same negative responses from people. This thread is for the storing of accounts and experiences with real-life cryptic animals. Here's another one:
Strange Creature in Texas

by John W.

I was just out driving one night because I was bored and wanted to get out. First I want to say that I don't drink at all or do any kinds of drugs. Usually when I'm driving I see many animals: deer, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, skunks and more, but this night I didn't see any animals out. This was very unusual.

I was about 2½ miles outside of Crossplains, Texas when suddenly there was a large animal in the middle of the road eating a raccoon that had been hit by a car. I first saw a sparkle from the animal's eyes as my headlight shined up the road. I always watch for shining eyes because I know many animals are out at night.

I slowed down and stopped about 30 feet from the animal, which at first looked like a large, dark gray dog eating a on the dead animal. It was standing on all four feet and started off to the left side of the road, but only moved a few feet when it turned and went back to its meal. The "dog" then picked up the coon in its mouth and headed off the road to the right. As I watched the dog-like animal walking off the road, the animal then raised up on its hind legs as it walked toward the fence along the road. When it got to the fence, the animal jumped over the fence while still carrying the coon. I know most animals and know that a full-size coon can easily weigh 30 pounds or more.

This animal walked on its hind legs and jumped over a fence that was about five feet high and didn't even touch the fence. The animal then crouched behind some weeds and small brush. I had gotten out of my car with a flashlight to see more because I didn't know what I was seeing. I don't know of any animal like that and I have live in rural Texas areas all my life. When I shone my light on the animal, the reflection of light on the animal's eyes was red (they didn't glow red like others described in their stories); it was like when you take a picture of someone and they have a red glow from the flash. I know most animals' eyes reflect kind of blue or white sparkle when light is shown on them.

Anyway, while I was shining the light on the animal it started a very loud deep growl and then aloud hissing noise. At that point I got back into my car. I wasn't staying any longer without a gun and I didn't have a gun with me, so I then drove off. I watched the animal for a period of about 8-10 minutes before I left. The animal had no tail and did not have spikes along its back.

Source. It should be noted that I interpret the "racoon" as a dogman infant which has a band across it's nose which makes it look like a racoon. I've heard of this before in a sighting btw. The short coated grey is a female. Great story.

Another good one:

Sighting 6-7-06, Interview 6-8-06 by phone, Location: near Reed City, Michigan

"I'm a college kid and I live in Big Rapids, and I heard people saying there is this (building) around Reed City where this thing hangs out.

We arrived there at 2:30 in the morning and there we sat. After about half an hour something caught our eye. About 50 yards to the right of us we saw something moving. We didn't think anything of it until we heard big twigs start to snap. I got out my Maglight and shined it in the area...I saw something that was not human. There were crickets all around and all of a sudden they all stopped. I kept on seeing something move over in the woods, kind of a silhouette. I thought it was deer until we shined the light on it. Must have been 6 foot nine, it was huge tall! It was a humanoid, I could see below the midsection, could see thighs but not feet. I'm believing it's bipedal. The hair was either dark brown or black, probably dark brown. must have covered most of the body, maybe an inch long. We did see one arm, one of my friends saw it. It was behind a tree, in a little wooded area, and it stood half behind the tree and half exposed, didn't move at all when we had the light on it. His arm was longer than a human's. When we saw it in the light when it was standing still it looked a little hunched.

I only got a small view of its face. I could tell that it was very hairy but it didn't remind me of a dogs face. The way the eyes set made me think of a human face, I could not see the ears, I remember the mouth to be narrow but I don't recall seeing a nose on the end of the "snout". All I could really tell about the eye color was yellow, and the eyes were a little slanted. I think it may have been some light reflection off its eyes. It has a very big forehead. When I saw the picture on your website of the sketched dogman, It didn't really look like that.

This freaked us out so bad that we had to leave in the car. We left and then said we have to figure out what this thing is ...stupid college kid idealism. After about half a mile we decided we had to go back and see what it really was. We pulled back up to the church and sat for about 5 min. before strange things started to happen. First of all we head noises all around us, I cant explain these noises but they put shivers down my spine. Then as soon as the noises stopped, a motion light on the building turned on and we heard something run away very...very fast. I was so scared I couldn't even move. (We are in the car this whole time mind you). All of a sudden my friend spots something behind us. I push my clutch in and slowly roll back to get a closer view. My friend shined the light on him and two yellow eyes stared at us. I thought it was a regular road reflector until I saw it blink. Then a feeling came over me, I felt that this thing wanted to harm us. I could tell that this thing was on two legs at the time we saw the eyes. I fired up the car and floored it, we must have of been going 40 mph and I could see in my brake lights that something was chasing us on 4 legs.

Eventually I lost the thing and had to pull over down the road to calm myself and my friends down. I don't know if this is a dogman or not but this thing is NOT human, is NOT natural, and is NOT friendly. I don't think that this is a figure of my imagination for two reasons. 1) I didn't believe in the supernatural and 2) three other people saw the exact same thing as I did. I really believe this thing could be a dogman.

We were sitting in the car after we saw it comparing it to our own bodies. We didn't really see the face until we came back. We were in the car the whole time, we could all see it from the car. There was a motion light on the side of the (building), which was abandoned, but someone was trying to remodel it. Motion light came on and that freaked us all out quite a bit, and we listened and we heard something moving very, very fast behind the church but we couldn't see it clearly; it moved ungodly fast. I looked in my rearview mirror, and I thought I saw something go by a lighted tree, then we lost it for a little bit. After we were shining the light on it, I was holding the Maglight and I was shaking so bad I actually dropped it

My buddy who was sitting in back of my hatchback car said what's that, and in tall weeds on the side of the road were two yellow eyes, kind of slanted in a way. It didn't have a long snout like a dog, but the snout was narrow. It wasn't human and wasn't dog. It wasn't flat-faced like human, all I saw was hair underneath what I presumed to be a jaw.

Like a cape or mane. From what I saw, it was kind of slender in stature, not beefy, I would guess 210-220 pounds. The head reminded me of a canine shape, the kind of triangle-looking head. It was looking completely straight on at us. It could have had ears but was too dark to see them. So whether they sat farther back or not I'm not sure. I've seen pictures of Bigfoot but I don't think this was Bigfoot.

That night I got home and I was so intrigued and freaked out I sat down and Googled "Dogman" and got your website. I had the distinct feeling that this thing wanted to hurt us. Maybe it might be the fear of the unknown. Might have been the fact that it was slightly hunched. I was a skeptic before last night. Four guys saw the exact same thing. Another thing, the second time when we left the eyes were behind the car, the guy looking back thought he saw something come and go from two to four legs.

This is not the first time a friend of mine has seen it. He's been there two times, he showed us where it was. He was very, very quiet. It was not a human in a suit or a bear. I'll put a Bible on what I just said. Two reasons it wasn't a human. It could maneuver well on four legs, and just moved so fast. (The building) didn't have graffiti on its exterior. Never saw the back of the building so didn't notice if any was there.

I believe there is a swamp somewhere around there. I heard there was more than one of these things. Some person said there were four or five of them. One of my friends that went with us said him and a couple of buddies were driving by in a Firebird very slowly, and they saw the eyes, and it chased after them and put scratches in the trunk of his car. But I didn't see that. This is really, really goofy. I'd like to go back with a video camera. I am majoring in radiology, so I know enough about the body systems and anatomy to tell about the features. I didn't notice any reproductive organs; there was a lot of hair in that area. This thing didn't get any closer than 40 feet, but when I fired the car up the guy in back said it went down on all fours and went really fast. I didn't see the eyes until we flashed the light on it. I don't think this was paranormal; it was biological. Not ghostly.

I was not aware that others things like this were going on at the time I saw this thing. The only reason I refer to it as a dogman is the fact that I have heard through local legend that it was a dogman. So, I really had no idea that there were other sightings of dogmen or the body style it had." - John

Source

post-94765-0-83781000-1314442034_thumb.j

From the same site:

UNKNOWN BIPED...MICHIGAN DOGMAN?...NEAR MANISTEE, MICHIGAN, 1986, RECEIVED FEBRUARY 2006

This happened in the fall of 1986, when I was stationed in Manistee. I left the Manistee Army recruiting station late and was driving home, to Ludington. I always took the back road, as US 31 takes too long. It was early fall and was dark. The deer were out, so I had to be careful while I was driving. This was farm country and the deer graze in the fields. I saw a reflection of my headlights off to the left of me in a darkened field. They appeared to be eyes. But, they stood too high to be deer and too far apart, also. I saw it run across and the leap was incredible. It leaped only three times. Far greater a leap than any animal I knew of could. It leaped across the two lane road easily. It was too dark to see a shape, but from the position from the eyes, there is no animal that it could be. I know that this was not a deer. And from what I could tell, it was a lot taller than me. I am 6'2". I do not know if anybody has or had any experience like this.

As for the color of its eyes, somehow, the color yellow comes to mind. Remember that it was almost 20 years ago when I saw that. I am an outdoorsman (although in recent years, I have not been out) and know animals. So, when I saw that, it surprised me of the leaping ability. And the eyes, I do remember that they were not like any animals that I have seen before. And the height of the creature was a lot higher then any animal. I do remember that I saw both eyes, as if it was looking at me, the whole time. That, along with the leaping ability, is what I will never forget.- Ray Greenway

Another one:

Possible Dogman Sighting

Posted 4/28/06

"My friends and I about 20 years ago had a very strange encounter when walking late at night down a rural road not far out of town. It's farm country and there was a corn field to the west of us and also to the east of the road. There was something in the corn making panting noises like a large dog that is very hot. It crossed the road behind us and seemed to be marking pace with us as we went north. It was late, around 2 am, and it frightened us to say the least, because it was so dark we couldn't see far in front or our own faces and just the dark outlines of the corn fields and close road shrubs. There was a moon, but there were very few peeks of light because of the cloudy early summer night, and I remember it was very warm out, but can not recall if there was a full moon. We could hear it moving through the field.

One of the guys had enough and chucked a fist-sized rock chest high straight at where he thought the sound was coming from and made a direct hit with something very solid that yelped and then howled like a injured dog. Then it growled, LOUDLY, a bit further off. We took off running because the house we were heading to was close now. Before that, we did see some yellow eyes at one point that we thought were in a low tree when the moon had peeked out, and though I did not see it myself, one of the guys thought that it was standing upright under the tree and not in it, about the height of a tall man. And there was a roadkill kind of smell in the air. That was one long walk, about a mile and a half and when I see the people who were with me, less now that we're older and have moved on with our separate lives, we still nervously mention it to each other. And yes, we had a few drinks, that's why we were walking in the first place, but I know I was not at all drunk because I hate alcohol, I just couldn't drive a stick-shift, the only car my boyfriend had at the time, so we had to hoof it. It appeared to be a canine, but I never got a look at it, my supposition is from the sounds it made.

And yet another:

WISCONSIN MANWOLF SIGHTING

APRIL 25, 2006, East of Powers Lake in Kenosha County, Wisconsin

Currently under investigation, I am interviewing a high-security clearance employee of Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee who sighted the Manwolf three times now, twice in mid-February and then again April 25 while making his drive to work in the wee hours of the morning. The creature was spotted at approximately 3 a.m., and on the same 3-6 mile stretch of road each time. It was first observed crouching in the ditch, then rising easily to stand on two legs with its arms at its sides "much like a human's." According to the witness, who has observed it at close range and in several positions, it very closely resembles my sketch....except the tail is longer and fuller, "about 18 inches," he estimates. He has seen the creature cross the road on all fours, as well, and estimated it was at least five feet long from nose to rump, and its back stood almost three feet off the ground. It appeared unafraid of him, and stared at him with yellow, glowing eyes. When it stood, it appeared slightly hunched over, as many other witnesses have said. I was contacted by a relative of his, who said the man has been a steadfast nonbeliever in the supernatural, and the relative coaxed him into talking to me. I am planning to stake out the exact road location in the very near future. In the meantime, the man is now carrying a camera on his way to work. Stay tuned!

It's a great site for stories alright!

May 13, 2006

AREA RESIDENT with Strange Experience in E. Walworth Cty/ W. Kenosha Cty. Sightings Area

I have been through the area many times at night, I work for the railroad. There is a siding near there we call "Midway" at Honey Creek road, I never saw anything there but got weird feelings sitting there waiting for a passing train. Very strong, weird feelings like being watched and pure evil. One day, during daylight, leaving there southbound we were coming into Burlington, and I saw crossing the tracks what I thought was a bear, it was big, too big to be a dog, moving slowly like I would picture a bear to move, all black ,and on all fours, unconcerned about an oncoming train. As it went down the embankment it disappeared into the marsh and I lost sight of it. The "bear" sighting could possibly be explained somehow, but the weird feelings, at Midway, were very strong. I did not want to leave the engine! I have never experienced feelings like that before. There was no reason for them, I just knew I did not want to get out of the locomotive there. I have spent plenty of time in the northern woods of Wisconsin, never felt afraid, but something there sure has me spooked!

Posted May 6, 2006:

Animal "Looked Inside" Him

Heard you on C2C last Saturday night on Manwolf subject. I work steady afternoon shift. About one month ago around the first of March, I was coming home from work and I always and still do take a side road off of the main highway. The area is, as they say, out in the sticks. If you have a road atlas, I work in Middlefield, Ohio, which is actually in Geauga County. From State Route 88 east-bound, I turned south onto Hoffman Norton Road, maybe a half mile before the now public wildlife area. Trumbull County has a history of being located on a stone age Indian burial ground. There are Amish homes scattered in this area also. My highbeams shone on a large, and I mean VERY large, animal.

It was on all fours, but I would guess it was every bit of six feet long from its head to its butt, not counting its very bushy tail, and it stood at least three feet high on all fours to its back and shoulders. It jumped into the ditch, and as there was no one else on the road, I stopped and angled my car so my headlights would shine on him. He was beautiful silvery-gray and white, and his face was white. I was glued upon this magnificent animal. A full-blooded Cherokee friend of mine at work said it sounds like a wolf. It made no threatening moves toward me or my car. I did not get out nor roll my window down. Its stare sort of looked inside me, if that makes any sense at all. Thank you for your work and time. Joe

Posted May 6, 2006:

Kettle Moraine, Washington County WI 1970

Dear Linda: I very much enjoyed listening to you speak on the Ian Punnitt show April 29th. Let me start off by telling you how grateful I am that you are compiling this information on the werewolves of Southeastern Wisconsin. Hearing about your book jarred my memory about an experience that I had more than thirty years ago as a teen living in that area. You no doubt have been receiving much mail, but if you do have the time, I hope you can consider my story.

We were a group of around five or six friends and family (all older teens) who were camping overnight at a private campground on a small lake in the Kettle Moraine State Forest region of Washington County, Wisconsin. The year was circa 1970, in midsummer. The nearest town was Kewaskum. It was very rural farmland mixed with deciduous and pine forests. We chose to relocate our campsite a little bit further from the main campground in a secluded, natural, practically circular, clearing. We liked this spot because of the unusual shape and the fact that it contained a sort of carved-out depression in the center. Here we wished to build a fire and hang out.

The sun began to set. As we built our fire, roasting hotdogs and singing, someone happened to remark upon the primordial setting and how we resembled a group of ancient peoples who may have done just what we were doing thousands of years ago. Time passed and the hour was 10 p.m. or so and we began to exchange spooky stories. The sky was very clear and there was an abundance of shooting stars.

Also, the moon was so bright we could actually see quite a bit although we were far from any city lights. Everything grew very quiet. There were crickets, of course, but no other folks were around—only us. Suddenly from off in the woods we heard the sound of something coming toward us, breathing heavily. This area had long ago become devoid of any large wild animals. Pieces of wood were crackling and breaking as it walked. We could hear large, trudging footsteps in the underbrush and a loud, snarling, huffing, puffing breathing sound. It did not sound like an animal, but more human.

Soon we also heard twigs snapping and the creature, whatever it was, getting closer and closer to the edge of the woods and near our clearing. It let out several bloodcurdling growls and was so close we were terrified. That was all it took for us to be so shaken that we gathered up all of our gear and ran out of there as fast as we could so the creature could not get us. It really was trying to chase us out of its spot, I believe. None of us slept the entire night. I have been in camping situations where young men try to scare you but they are usually in groups or drunk and end up showing themselves and causing trouble. This was one creature against several of us and it showed no fear.

I am sorry to say that we did not get a glimpse. At that time everyone knew about Bigfoot so we assumed that is what we had encountered. We talked about it but never found out what was out there until I heard of your research. Could this possibly have been the man-dog? Could we have accidentally conjured something up due to our youth or presence in that particular place? I am a 53 year old school teacher living in Los Angeles, California. Thank you for taking the time to read this. - Sarah

Posted May 6, 2006:

Michigan Man's Sighting, Flint, 1973, and California Bedroom Experience

I've seen this once, maybe twice in my lifetime and a dear friend of mine encountered it too. Let me start with when I was a teenager; I was staying with my Uncle Jay and Aunt Shell in the summer of 1973. I was between my sophomore and junior years in high school. My Uncle drove a local grocery delivery truck, Pampania's I think, in the Flint Michigan area. I loved hanging out with him, driving around delivering produce, fruit, stuff like that. Every night we took the truck back to this fenced in truck park, and we drove home in his car. Well, late on a Thursday night (about 11:30), we were headed up the winding road that snaked around the hill up to the truck park, and we both saw what we thought was a big dog on the side of the road, pawing at something. As we got closer, I saw the thing was rooting and licking something with tongue and snout. Then the SOB stood up. This was no dog!

My Uncle slowed to a crawl (not quite stopping) and hit the high beams, and what I saw scared me so bad that I couldn't even get a scream out! It was a MAN, covered in short, black fur, clearly well muscled with the head of a German Shepherd or wolf. I could hardly breathe. It's eyes were yellowey-orange colored, a well muscled abdomen and thighs and was clearly (if you get my drift) a turgid MALE. We didn't make a sound but started to roll by, when it lunged across the access road in a single leap.

We got to the top of the hill, and my Uncle went into the guard hut in the middle of the fenced in area to turn in his keys and do whatever. He came back with the keys to the Ford and we drove back down the hill. As we neared the sight where we saw the dog-man, he pulled over and reached under the seat and got out a Colt Python .44 magnum handgun, checked the ammo in the revolver and told me to lock the door after him. I was not to do anything, including get out of the car, no matter what I saw or heard, he said, and he was dead serious. After a few minutes, he called me to him, and he pointed to the side of the road.

There was a fresh (I know, I used to hunt and fish a lot) deer carcass, with the haunches torn away, and the poor things guts spilled out behind it. We just went home that night but were very careful the rest of the summer, never seeing the dog-man again.

My other encounter is quite a bit murkier, so I¹ll go on and tell you about what Casey saw. I was in the Marines and my duty station was the USS Tarawa (LHA-1) where I was the Combat Cargo officer. We were in the yards, and the ship was in dry-dock at the time. Some of my buddies (navy officer types) were detailed to the USS Mobile to finish out their Engineering (engine room) qualifications, and one of them was a close friend, Ensign Matt Stephenson. His wife, Casey, was pregnant and a diabetic, so her health was not the best. She wasn't dying or anything, just had, you know, the problems a young otherwise healthy person with this disease would have. Anyway, Matt asked me and a couple of other officers to phone and check in on Casey from time to time.

We all loved her to death, like a little sister, so it was no problem at all. I was sharing a rented house in Long Beach with 2 other guys, and was dead asleep on a Saturday night when I got a frantic, panic, off the chain phone call from Casey, around 2 am. She was crying so hard she couldn't talk, repeating over and over for me to "get here for Gods sake". Well, I pulled on my sweat suit, jumped in the car and sped off. When I got to the apartment, at first she wouldn't answer the door, then wouldn't let me in. Finally, I threatened to call the police

Male: Yellow Reflective Eyes

Female: Red Reflective Eyes

Another site, Source

Eric says:

November 10, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Hello,

My name is Eric I spent many days {years} out on hospital rd as my best friend lived there when we were 11 until now. I am currently 30 yrs old and I guarantee that this bray road beast is very real. I cant even talk about it with-out tears coming to my eyes. First I will tell you that I really didnt believe in anything like this but this baby is the real deal.Ok there were three of us camping and we started a small fire and suddenly realised that we needed a couple of chairs. At this point two of us left on the tractor with a trailer to make the long trek back to the house to grab the chairs and a couple other needed items for camping. On our way back we encountered our good friend pale white running with everything he had to get somewhere safe! He told us there was something like a warewolf out there and there was no way he was ever going back out there nor back to this area. The farm boy we were with just laughed because he didnt believe in this type of thing either!!! The two of us went out there to the campsite only for a split second and right away the howling began. I couldnt believe what I was hearing but as the howling got closer and I caught a glimpse of what was out there with my spotlight and I totally freaked out, started my dirtbike and my big farmboy friend was screaming your not leaving me!! He jumed on the tractor and i have never rode so fast in my life across a fully tilled field with-out caring about anything but getting away!! He was so mad and scared at the same time because the tractor was not nearly as fast as a dirtbike but at this point i was saving my own ass!! Its true it stands on its hind legs and is vicious as hell looking and its howl is something so scary sounding that its unimaginable to say the least. Ill NEVER GO BACK OUT THERE NOT EVEN WITH A GUN.

ERIC L says:

May 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM I would like to comment on the warewolf I saw in my friends field while camping off of Hospital Rd. I will assure you that this creature is as real as it gets. Lets put it this way, if I were to get a flat tire anywhere near there I would drive to town and im now turning 31 yrs old. I was the one that made the statement above and im telling you I never thought that I would believe in this type of thing but what I saw was completely unforgetable,it will be permanently etiched into my mind and the two friends minds for life. My daughter asks me all the time what it was and all I can tell her is that if there is such thing as a so called warewolf that was it. My wife still says it just cant be real, but see see’s the tears run down my face when I talk about it. Just typing this is hard for me, it gives me goose bumps and my hair stands up on end. I cant make you a believer but if you have enough guts to go walk around out there at night you must have ba__s of steel to say the least. I would encourage anyone that is into this type of stuff to make the trip by plane, bus, boat, or whatever means nesasary to investigate the bray road sightings, it may become well worth your time. I promise if you do get an encounter you wont know what to do with yourself, when it happened to us it was like time stopped, you just dont know how you will react when and if something of this nature happens to you. If there are still folks out there that dont believe in this im sorry but you just dont understand how WRONG you really are…..

I like the quote at the end, Source

The Black Dog With Red Eyes

Date: 2010-11-22

When I was between 10-11 years old my family was going through an extremely rough patch. My parents were breaking up and life really wasn't a happy time for anyone. I remember the last night my parents were together a terrible fight broke out, pots were thrown, screams and cries echoed through the house and what seemed like the longest night of my life at the time had settled in. I walked into the room that my parents were fighting in crying and begging them to stop, they did and after some cuddles and stuff we all went to bed.

The next morning I remember it was a bright day, sunlight streaming through the window in front of my bunk bed which was shared by me and my older sister. I woke up alone I believe my sister was asleep at the time as she didn't see what I saw, but as my head raised I looked to my left towards the window. Standing not 30cm from my face was the face of a big black wolf like dog with glowing red eyes. We stared at each other for a good 5 seconds or so before I got too scared and shoved my face down into my pillow wishing for it leave me. At the time it scared the shiat out of me. However the more I look in to it the less scared I become. I relate myself to a dog quite a bit too... I used to pretend to be a dog when I was younger, they are my favourite animals.

The black dog with red eyes and fiery breath has been listed throughout the world in folklore tales, mythology, spiritual beliefs and reports. Generally it's related to death, either Cerberus the guard of the underworld, or the hound of baskavilles or Anubis the Egyptian god. (Or Satan if you speak to Christians... /sigh) and it may very well do but then it may also represent a death maybe not a physical death.

The night before I saw the dog was the last night my parents were together. Ever since I has been fascinated with the origin of sighting. I'm not sure what all of this is worth, but I'd love to know if more people have seen this dog or know more about it. I'll end with this: I am reminded by this quote I once heard (not sure where from), but it seems to ring true in so many terms.

"That which we fear as a child, we find comfort in as we grow older."

All those accounts show is that people have seen something that is a bit different from the norm of what they expect to see...same thing happens the world over but with some sensible thinking they can all be explained.It doesn't mean a new or extinct or mythical species has been spotted or discovered.

Even the claimant states seven times during the account of looking at a dog, not anything else, and the rest of the animal wasn't seen. So now seeing only the face of a wolf-like dog while half-asleep is another classic encounter of, and more evidence of, a 2-legged dogman/giant hyrax? And you wonder, Smugfish why people here don't take your claims of a (non-existent) cryptid seriously?

tailormaneinafog, to me, you're a classic example of someone who sees what they so desperately want to see.

We've all been guilty of it.

But after seeing you on another forum claiming a very very obvious photo of a puma was a hyrax, I just can't trust your judgement. This was so blatantly a puma, absolutely no doubt, and yet where everyone else saw a very obvious stalking puma, you managed to see a creature sitting on its hind legs with a pointed black nose.

Im an artist, I study animal anatomy extensively. What was in that photo was a stalking puma, you could even see the 'hump' of its back over the top of its head. How you saw a 'pointed faced animal with a black nose' I'll never know, other than you just saw what you wanted to see.

And you ruggedly stuck to the idea that the newfie they found wandering about was a hyrax, even when the other came forward to admit it was her dog! And the photos of it, y'know, really looked like a dog.

Its hard to believe someone who refuses to see the logical solution when its so blatantly obvious.

Im all for being open minded, Im all for trying to come up with ideas for what something odd looking might be, but when something is not remotely obscure and is blatantly just a dog or a puma, and you still claim to see it as something else, thats the issue, for me. It casts doubts on your opinion on anything when you still think a puma is a cryptid even when its obvious to everyone with eyes that its a puma.

Seems to me you will believe whatever you want to believe in a report or photo, regardless. And thats endearing, that you want so badly to believe, but you have to understand why others will not, at least not until there is more concrete evidence than just eyewitness reports.

I don't even trust my OWN eyes when I see something strange at night, and I know full well I've embellished how it looked in re-telling; why would I trust someone elses?

• Like 1

tailormaneinafog, to me, you're a classic example of someone who sees what they so desperately want to see.

We've all been guilty of it.

But after seeing you on another forum claiming a very very obvious photo of a puma was a hyrax, I just can't trust your judgement. This was so blatantly a puma, absolutely no doubt, and yet where everyone else saw a very obvious stalking puma, you managed to see a creature sitting on its hind legs with a pointed black nose.

Im an artist, I study animal anatomy extensively. What was in that photo was a stalking puma, you could even see the 'hump' of its back over the top of its head. How you saw a 'pointed faced animal with a black nose' I'll never know, other than you just saw what you wanted to see.

And you ruggedly stuck to the idea that the newfie they found wandering about was a hyrax, even when the other came forward to admit it was her dog! And the photos of it, y'know, really looked like a dog.

Its hard to believe someone who refuses to see the logical solution when its so blatantly obvious.

Im all for being open minded, Im all for trying to come up with ideas for what something odd looking might be, but when something is not remotely obscure and is blatantly just a dog or a puma, and you still claim to see it as something else, thats the issue, for me. It casts doubts on your opinion on anything when you still think a puma is a cryptid even when its obvious to everyone with eyes that its a puma.

Seems to me you will believe whatever you want to believe in a report or photo, regardless. And thats endearing, that you want so badly to believe, but you have to understand why others will not, at least not until there is more concrete evidence than just eyewitness reports.

I don't even trust my OWN eyes when I see something strange at night, and I know full well I've embellished how it looked in re-telling; why would I trust someone elses?

I admit that I've got a few photo identifications wrong. Which photo are you on about? The dartmoor one with the light tan figure in the distance on top of a tor? Could be a puma, okay. I've seen a 5ft puma at 4am in the morning, first time out tracking and stalking it.

I admit that I've got a few photo identifications wrong. Which photo are you on about? The dartmoor one with the light tan figure in the distance on top of a tor? Could be a puma, okay. I've seen a 5ft puma at 4am in the morning, first time out tracking and stalking it.

The fact that you think you can stalk a puma is very indicative of your grasp of reality

• Like 1