Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Feelings of Mystery

Di333

So...read the whole thing please, don't judge by the 1st few sentences. So there's this singer who's concert I went to. I like him, well at least what I c of him which is pretty much an image. I'm perfectly aware of tht. N to be honest I'm not obsessed w him or "in love w him" or as usually it goes. But ya kno it depends wat ya gonna believe, truth is more videos I c of him/his behavior/attitude whatever u wanna call it, the more v have in common, but anyways...lets get to the point. This has NEVER happened to me w ANYONE. Even w ppl I truly LOVE. N thts the reason I am here. It's driving me crazy !!! So, we have the concert, yea, then of course the meet in front of his tour bus, there's the line. I was w my 2 younger sisters. Theyr were in line not me. I was just behind them. When he got to use he signed n hugged both my sisters. To be honest I truly didnt want neither a signature OR a hug. N this was very weird already, cuz I was the one who introduced this artist to my sisters n the reason we even got tickets 2 his concert...now here comes the "air of mystery" lol. As we were walking away from him, all of a sudden this HUGE feeling of like I just lost a part of me took over me. It was so strong I literally almost started crying. But I kne my sisters wouldve just laughed at me n I just....well I really didnt kno wat the hell was happening to me. I recenlty lost my grandpa AND my uncle who I was both very close w. N this feeling was beyond tht. My uncle was like my big brother I never had, and basically our whole family knew how close v were. Specially when v were younger. His pass came as an ice cold shower to b honest, out of the blue....just happened. To this day I still am in a state of shock. Cannot accept the fact he is no longer with us. N to kno tht this feeling that took over me as I was walking away from this celebrity is almost making me feel guilty. I still remember it. Kinda like my heart was ripping out the more distance got between us. Still w me ?? Still dont think I'm crazy ? Well please dont. It is very true and it has been driving me crazy. I cant figure out why on earth I felt tht way. He's not the only celeb I met, n to be honest, celebs dont really have a big effect on me. To me they r ppl just like u or me. The end. PLEASE, if u have EVER felt this way n HAS figured out the reason to it, PLEASE let me kno. Nothing adds up here. I'm starting to think that I "lost" my soul mate, my other half. And if he IS my soul mate, I don't know how I'm gonna live w the fact tht I may never b able to b w him....EVER. To make this a little more confusing...Before I left my country to come to the us, my best friend did a tarot for me. Past was right on, present, again, right on. And for the future part all I can remember is tht when I'll be successfull I'll find my love. Now to add even more to it, music is my P.A.S.S.I.O.N. VERY BIG part of my life, and no matter how hard I try to find a "real" job, I always get back to singing. Yes I kno wat most of u'd say, but wat can I do, its music tht makes me who I am, its music tht feels me up w energy even if I only had couple hrs of sleep, its music tht helps me through the rough times, n its music tht really helps me to "speak" my mind. Does anybody c something here ? I won't rest until I find out the reason y I have felt this way about him. N please, again, don't judge this situation on the fact tht its about a celebrity. Just forget the celeb part n look at it as a regular guy. Thks for reading.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Di333

• Habitat

• Nadia B.

• scaredsilly

Hi and welcome :)

Edited by scaredsilly

Seems like a case of positive psychological projection, where you become captivated by an external manifestation of your own personal love of music. Just an idea. Aren't 'psychobabblers' irritating ! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site :sk

You'll probably have more success finding an answer to your situation if you post in one of the relevant sections.

And maybe press enter a few times in your text divide it up a little. Just so it's easier to read :)

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to UM.

Maybe it's deep regret for not taking advantage of the moment?

If you really do think you feel like this I suggest you go to another concert of his and actually speak/hug/get a signature. Whatever you do there :P

Sounds like you have been in morning and are now just starting to focus upon...the conclusion that these family members would have wanted you to pick up the challenge of life...in there honor perhaps..

• 2 months later...

Di333, what we have here is a case of "Animus Projection" more colloquially "falling in love at first sight". Most of us have suffered at one stage or other from it, particularly if we don't get the 'reality check' of actually acting out the 'mystery' with the person being projected upon. Carl Jung was well to the fore in theorizing about the psychology of these heart-gripping mysteries. Here's an article you might like to read..........

http://www.shadowdance.com/articles/isitloveorprojection.html

Di333, what we have here is a case of "Animus Projection" more colloquially "falling in love at first sight". Most of us have suffered at one stage or other from it, particularly if we don't get the 'reality check' of actually acting out the 'mystery' with the person being projected upon. Carl Jung was well to the fore in theorizing about the psychology of these heart-gripping mysteries. Here's an article you might like to read..........

http://www.shadowdance.com/articles/isitloveorprojection.html

Ohh gosh, I fell in love with a celebrity who has no idea I exist. Huh, not that'd be great if he'd feel the same way, but I do not live anywhere near him or move move around in his circle of people, so odds of him getting to know me, well, slight. I think I'm gonna go and celebrate another heartbreak. :cry: Thanks for the reply though.

It is usually the soft, passive feminine type of woman, rather than the boisterous tom-boy type, that "falls" for the mysterious stranger. It is also frequently the case that if we don't get to 'act out' the attraction in an actual relationship, the flame can linger for years (as in 'carrying a torch' ), whereas if we had actually got to know the object of our desire, we would likely be well and truly 'over it' ! God, when I think of some women I obsessed over in my youth, I realise that in more than one case, they didn't merit the attention given.

It is usually the soft, passive feminine type of woman, rather than the boisterous tom-boy type, that "falls" for the mysterious stranger. It is also frequently the case that if we don't get to 'act out' the attraction in an actual relationship, the flame can linger for years (as in 'carrying a torch' ), whereas if we had actually got to know the object of our desire, we would likely be well and truly 'over it' ! God, when I think of some women I obsessed over in my youth, I realise that in more than one case, they didn't merit the attention given.

So wat do you suggest I do ? As impossible as it seems to some people, I wanna be with him. Trust me, I do, I thought about this a lot, and I do.

I swear someone posted a thread just like this, almost word for word before...

Yes! I was reading it, and I new I read it before! :yes:

For the life of me, I can't find it. GRRRR, lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one, though.

This has happened to me before. It was a normal Saturday night out with my friends, and we were in the parking lot. My friend led me to this truck with two guys that were brothers in the back so that he could talk to them. One of the guys in the back just stood out to me. I couldn't tear my eyes off of him, and he had his eyes on me too. I felt like i've known him forever, and just wanted to be with him, if there was any way possible. Instead, my friends finished talking, and the guy and his brother had to drive back home to a different town. I still remember his blue eyes to this day. :blush: Ehhemm..

I've gotten over it.. It didn't take me long, but I still daydream/dream/encounter mysterious strangers with strong presences that I've wanted to seemingly "be with". It's weird, but the dreams help me to wonder if there is really a good guy out there. :blush: Just the thoughts are enough for me at times.

It'll get better. Don't worry.

So wat do you suggest I do ? As impossible as it seems to some people, I wanna be with him. Trust me, I do, I thought about this a lot, and I do.

Lovesickness and it's woes are not a trivial matter, but I don't think you'd be comfortable throwing yourself at this person. Nor should you, IMO. It is at times like these we can start to discover we are not "running our own show" to the extent we thought we were, and the value of greater self-possession becomes clear, to the extent it gives protection from unruly passions taking over your life. It wouldn't hurt to explore Dr Jung's work on the subject to gain some greater insight into this aspect of life.

Could it been mine ? I posted the same thing to somewhere else too, I'm new here and I have no idea how things work, so I can't even find it. Haha, it had to be mine if it was almost word for word

This has happened to me before. It was a normal Saturday night out with my friends, and we were in the parking lot. My friend led me to this truck with two guys that were brothers in the back so that he could talk to them. One of the guys in the back just stood out to me. I couldn't tear my eyes off of him, and he had his eyes on me too. I felt like i've known him forever, and just wanted to be with him, if there was any way possible. Instead, my friends finished talking, and the guy and his brother had to drive back home to a different town. I still remember his blue eyes to this day. :blush: Ehhemm..

I've gotten over it.. It didn't take me long, but I still daydream/dream/encounter mysterious strangers with strong presences that I've wanted to seemingly "be with". It's weird, but the dreams help me to wonder if there is really a good guy out there. :blush: Just the thoughts are enough for me at times.

It'll get better. Don't worry.

Thanks ! I'm glad I'm not the only one. See the thing with me is that I'm a fan of his music....and obviously that means I'm gonna hear his voice, and see him and that's not making this "forgetting/getting over" process any easier or faster. :wacko: Plus the more I tend to find out about him, the more I figure out he really is the type of guy I want. I'm European and the type of guys I go for is not the typical american guy and to be able to find someone like him here is, that fits my HIGH expectation, fits in my "CRAZY" family is rare, and it is breaking my heart. :cry:

Could it been mine ? I posted the same thing to somewhere else too, I'm new here and I have no idea how things work, so I can't even find it. Haha, it had to be mine if it was almost word for word

It had to be you, lol. Had to be under a different name. Since I can't find the post, I'm afraid you're going to miss all the replies, lol.

It had to be you, lol. Had to be under a different name. Since I can't find the post, I'm afraid you're going to miss all the replies, lol.

Haha, I jyst posted almost the same thign, except simpler words 2 days ago and I can't even find it ! :cry: its just disappeared

Well, if you want to be with him why don't you try somehow? Write him a song. Get him to notice you. I don't know, use your feminine charms or something. Whats happened is you've gotten to know him through his songs and exposure and you like him a lot. Nothing wrong with that, so...good luck.