Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Westboro insanity..

GoldenWolf

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-says-westboro-baptist-church-100928156--abc-news-politics.html

The church recently announced via Twitter that it would picket the funerals of the 19 Arizona firefighters who died attempting to contain a wildfire.

"Praise God," the tweet read. "A consuming fire!"

-------------

They need to be classified for what they are, a bunch of nutcases.

I suppose this is, once again, because God hates Fags, I suppose.

They really do only do it because they desperately need the publicity, the media really do just play into their hands.

• Like 3

I suppose this is, once again, because God hates Fags, I suppose.

They really do only do it because they desperately need the publicity, the media really do just play into their hands.

correct, and the sooner they are ignored the sooner they will disappear in the sewer they came from.

• Like 2

I agree they should be ignored, they do not speak for anyone but their own little group, which is mostly family anyway. The young tend to leave when they reach a certain age. One young woman just came out with a book about your life in the church....I have lnot read it.

peace

mark

where the heck do they get the danged money to do this? Airline tickets, lodging, food, who's funding these idiots?

• Like 1

Proverbs 6:16

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Proverbs 6:17

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Proverbs 6:18

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Proverbs 6:19

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

These people claim to speak for God, it looks like God hates them.

• Like 1

It's just another glorified cult in the media's spotlight.

Give it time, eventually they'll all drink the punch.

• Like 1

where the heck do they get the danged money to do this? Airline tickets, lodging, food, who's funding these idiots?

The daughter of the founder, the old man who started this nutty religion, is a lawyer and she has actually sued a number of people and corporations who have challenged her. In one case, a man sued her because of the picketing of the funeral of his son, ended up losing and having to pay them money. There was a show out a while back where some journalist or TV host (can't remember exactly what) actually lived with the family for a couple weeks or so. So he got an inside look at them and believe me, if you think they're nutty on the outside, you haven't seen anything until you see that show.

Bottom line is, it's always so much easier to hate than it is to be open-minded and if you have a target and a group that supports you in your hate, there really isn't any enticement to change. Given those circumstances, very few people are going to break out of the group. From the beginning of time, being different from your group means being cast out and that price is too high for many people to even consider paying. And that can be applied to every group from the Nazis to the conservative Christians.

What in the world does the WBC have against firefighters?

Nevermind. Common sense, logic and humanity has never been their stronger points.

• Like 1

What in the world does the WBC have against firefighters?

Nevermind. Common sense, logic and humanity has never been their stronger points.

"God" is an all consuming destructive fire"

http://biblehub.com/...ronomy/4-24.htm

http://biblehub.com/luke/12-49.htm

So firefighters must be anti-god/anti-christ.

In islam, the devil is the fire.

Edited by HavocWing

Huh. So, is the WBC Islamic?

No, that was an extra statement I put in about islam, because iblis is made of pure fire.

The daughter of the founder, the old man who started this nutty religion, is a lawyer and she has actually sued a number of people and corporations who have challenged her. In one case, a man sued her because of the picketing of the funeral of his son, ended up losing and having to pay them money. There was a show out a while back where some journalist or TV host (can't remember exactly what) actually lived with the family for a couple weeks or so. So he got an inside look at them and believe me, if you think they're nutty on the outside, you haven't seen anything until you see that show.

Bottom line is, it's always so much easier to hate than it is to be open-minded and if you have a target and a group that supports you in your hate, there really isn't any enticement to change. Given those circumstances, very few people are going to break out of the group. From the beginning of time, being different from your group means being cast out and that price is too high for many people to even consider paying. And that can be applied to every group from the Nazis to the conservative Christians.

Thanks for the 411. I figured they had the backing of someone, I won't use the term "angel", however. It's a small group, is it the exclusivity that's attractive, I wonder, or the fact that they get their names in the paper and attention? Is it fear that's driving them or ego? While they came together to express condemnation & judgment, they seem to be bringing people together in a good way.

Edited by Beany

Growing up and experiencing certain events like this, Westboro Baptist Church are beginning to make me believe they are attempting to make everybody hate them for no good reason other than to nullify the image of Jesus and such. Why are they picketing good people? What exactly is the point? These are the only kind of people I'd willingly snuff out. They do no good, they only preach misguided hate from a book written by a bunch of sun-stroked outcasts.

Edited by Insanity!
  • Like 3

Growing up and experiencing certain events like this, Westboro Baptist Church are beginning to make me believe they are attempting to make everybody hate them for no good reason other than to nullify the image of Jesus and such. Why are they picketing good people? What exactly is the point? These are the only kind of people I'd willingly snuff out. They do no good, they only preach misguided hate from a book written by a bunch of sun-stroked outcasts.

Any group, is judged by those outside said group, more often than not, by the fanatics and crazy people. It is so and will always be. They are Christian, though I don't understand their stance at all. Nor would I challenge them, I have seen that it does no good. Like I said in an earlier post, their young people leave them when they reach a certain age and begin to see the harm and pain they caused. Perhaps it is because Christ Jesus is at work in their hearts.....love is stronger than hate I believe.

peace

mark

• Like 1

Westboro Baptist Church=Trolls if you ignore them they will go away or turn to stone when the sun comes up, which ever comes first.

• Like 3

Westboro Baptist Church=Trolls if you ignore them they will go away or turn to stone when the sun comes up, which ever comes first.

It seems to me they've already turned to stone and are masquerading as humans. They're missing a serious chunk of humanity, for sure, but it's great that this kind of ugliness is exposed to the light so that everyone can see it for what it is. In they're own way, these people are teachers. They would make a great lesson to talk with your kids about over the dinner table.

• Like 2

I don't think we are in any danger of running out those kind of teachers.

• Like 1

I understand these nutcases are basically just one family, no?

So why call them a church, and why pay them so much attention?

Afaic, they thrive on that. Just ignore the idiots.

• Like 1

It seems to me they have this apocalyptic view about everything negative that happens in the world. As in this case for example, when people's property are burning, then that is a sign from their god as punishment to those people for being sinful or whatever sin has been committed against their god. But when firefighters come in and try to stop the fire and get killed in the process, then that is also punishment to those firefighters from their god for trying to prevent the will of their lord.

I get the sense these WBC people believe their god is weeding out everyone else but them and those that follow them, so that they can have a new earth, kingdom or whatever the hell it is they believe will eventually come in their favor, so that they can be fruitful and multiply.

It's about the only other thing I can make sense out of their insane behavior, or their other reason for doing this crap, besides the publicity.

I don't think ignoring them would work, as they tend to "get in your face"

Glad that bikers rallied to block them in Newtown and, seperately, that a law(I think nationally?) was passed that requires any protestors(WBC or otherwise) at the funerals of US servicemen/women must stay at least 300 feet(?) away.

It does surprise me that the petition to label them as a "hate group" was turned down, as they obviously preach hate.IMO

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I understand these nutcases are basically just one family, no?

So why call them a church, and why pay them so much attention?

Afaic, they thrive on that. Just ignore the idiots.

.I believe it's for tax reasons. And so they can howl about "discrimination" if they did try to outlaw them.

Obviously the WBC are well protected and know they can get away with any filth they preach from a bible... Otherwise, someone or others would have taken them out by now...

Obviously the WBC are well protected and know they can get away with any filth they preach from a bible... Otherwise, someone or others would have taken them out by now...

Freedom of religion, they can pretty much do as they want. As long as they aren't physically abusing anyone or braking polygamy laws they are gold. Mental abuse is ok. They can take all your money and make you a slave if they want. It is a religion and religion is good right? :innocent:

Edited by Darkwind

I don't have a clue, but I've yet to hear even one logical reason why these so-called Christians would picket these 19 firefighters funerals. Nineteen young men, who had wives, sons, daughters, moms, dads, brothers and sisters. Tragically killed trying to protect other peoples property.

One thing that's sorely missing from this church is compassion. You can't be a good christian without it. Jesus didn't act like they do when he walked the Earth. Emulating him as he walked on Earth is something all Christians should strive for. The congregation at Westboro isn't doing a very good job. They deserve to be called out !

• Like 1