Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

men, what would you think?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Watched a film this morning about the birth of christ. It showed Joseph being offered a rock to throw at Mary as the village believed she was an adulteress, He refused because he was so madly in love with her so hence the Mary / God bit.

I would like to ask what would happen today in this situation? To the men out there here is the scenario:
your wife tells you she is pregnant, you were away on business at the time she would have fallen pregnant, she is adamant she has not slept with another man. you are told by everyone to divorce her but you love her so much and can not bare to lose her....do you:
A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way
B: tell the christians they have the wrong man,
C: go on Jeremy Kyle.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,980 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'd leave anyone who cheated on me. I don't buy the "God did it" excuse in other instances, why should I now?

Edited by Rlyeh, 02 December 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I'd leave anyone who cheated on me. I don't buy the "God did it" excuse in other instances, why should I now?
Do you have Jeremy kyle in Australia, you can get 500 quid to go on it here, but i do believe you have to be on the dole first, have a tattoo on your neck and live in tracksuits.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

• We never know how we look ,til we get our picture took

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Jesus looked alot like Abdoul

Posted Image

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostLEGIONS, on 02 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

which one, the Prime Minister of Senegal or the footballer?

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,234 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

D: Strangle her and blame it on Satan.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostEldorado, on 02 December 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

D: Strangle her and blame it on Satan.
who is this satan dude and will he be up for doing a DNA test?

#8    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,709 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Well, if Mary was anything like my wife..  I'd say,   so..  your telling me an Angel came to you and explained how this happened ?     Ok honey, whatever you say.      ...(goes outside to play his guitar)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#9    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

If my wife was like Mary, the Mother of Jesus, then i'd love my children more!! :)

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 02 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

If my wife was like Mary, the Mother of Jesus, then i'd love my children more!! :)
Nice.
But what will you tell the world? is he the new messiah? will you require special privileges for him, say at school or the doctors or at KFC?

#11    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,076 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

B

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,709 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 December 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Watched a film this morning about the birth of christ. It showed Joseph being offered a rock to throw at Mary as the village believed she was an adulteress, He refused because he was so madly in love with her so hence the Mary / God bit.

I would like to ask what would happen today in this situation? To the men out there here is the scenario:
your wife tells you she is pregnant, you were away on business at the time she would have fallen pregnant, she is adamant she has not slept with another man. you are told by everyone to divorce her but you love her so much and can not bare to lose her....do you:

A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way.
B: tell the christians they have the wrong man,
C: go on Jeremy Kyle.

A: tell the jewish community their messiah is on its way.   ... nah,  just move away , quietly.

B: tell the christians they have the wrong man,   ... no christians to worry about yet.

C: go on Jeremy Kyle.   .. no,  hit the road with Jesus and put on Fish, Bread, and Wine  banquets for BIG bucks!

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

First and foremost I'd insist on medical tests to make sure it's a normal, healthy pregnancy. If it is normal, then I'd ask to have a DNA test. That last one should be the clincher weather or not the child is of "Divine Intervention". Either the father is a human male, or the little tyke is a medical anomaly (if I'm not mistaken, parthenogenesis cannot happen in humans). I would also ask my wife to seek psychological therapy.

If my wife were refuse to participate with any of the above then I would have to conclude that she is either lying or is suffering from some psychological disorder.

Whatever the case, I would not run out and start proclaiming that the child is the next messiah.

But since I'm not married I don't have anything to worry about.

Right?

#14    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,980 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

View PostLEGIONS, on 02 December 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Abdoul isn't the only one.

Posted Image

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,252 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Since God/Angels spoke to Joseph also, I'd expect the same to happen here, so either the male parent would think he is going insane also, or he'd believe the angels also.

What would happen in Chicago, New York, Miami or San Francisco if someone pronounced their wife was with someone elses child???? Nothing would happen. It happens hundreds, maybe thousands of times a day. Cheating happens constantly these days, it is not the crime it used to be.

Personally, I'd say nothing, because that is what God asked of Joseph.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users