Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] London rooftops to carry missiles

olympic

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostRender, on 11 July 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

http://www.guardian....s-olympic-games

it's sad how England is the next to fall so heavily in the terrorism hype.
They're already so close to being the next America.

Bush simply coined the term...the majority of Europe has been fighting the battle years before the US got involved.

#77    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 11 July 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Why would you wait until it gets over the stadium?

There are thousands of people milling around for miles...not just in the stadium. Not to mention the people that are living and working in the vicinity.

#78    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 July 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

There are thousands of people milling around for miles...not just in the stadium. Not to mention the people that are living and working in the vicinity.

Yeah, so why wait till then....you been to stratford? you're on the East side, if you want any chance of flying something and hitting anywhere near the olympics you'll be coming from Essex or North Kent. It's to populated north of London to get something up and down again before being shot down, the fields of essex would be your best bet.........anything coming from further afield won't get anywhere near East London...

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#79    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 July 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

An aircraft crashing into a stadium of over 80,000 people is going to kill a lot more people than a plane being shot to smythereens over even a heavily-urbanised area would do.  Falling plane wreckage will not kill anywhere near as many as 80,000 people.

I hope that if a plane is heading towards the Olympic Stadium to be crashed into it that it is shot down before it gets anywhere near it.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 11 July 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#80    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 11 July 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Yeah, so why wait till then....you been to stratford? you're on the East side, if you want any chance of flying something and hitting anywhere near the olympics you'll be coming from Essex or North Kent. It's to populated north of London to get something up and down again before being shot down, the fields of essex would be your best bet.........anything coming from further afield won't get anywhere near East London...

Then why are they planting the weapons on rooftops so closely around the Olympic Park? Wouldn't it better serve them to be placed farther away so there would be less damage before danger was anywhere near it?

#81    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 11 July 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

An aircraft crashing into a stadium of over 80,000 people is going to kill a lot more people than a plane being shot to smythereens over even a heavily-urbanised area would do.  Falling plane wreckage will not kill anywhere near as many as 80,000 people.

I really don't think this is intended for commercial planes being used as weapons....I think they must have other intelligence pointing at smaller and easier to launch craft/choppers from neighbouring areas.

Any commercial flight deviating from a flight route won't get that far......imo.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#82    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Then why are they planting the weapons on rooftops so closely around the Olympic Park? Wouldn't it better serve them to be placed farther away so there would be less damage before danger was anywhere near it?

Not really, from stratford you're probably only around 6 miles as the crow flies from Barking in Essex.....if you put those launchers further east you won't have the vantage points the high rises give you, and south of the river is completely unwatched..

Also, you got London City Airport, with all it's small business flights, that's only a couple of miles from the Blackwall Tunnel if you want an idea of scale.....that'll need to be watched very carefully..

Edited by The Sky Scanner, 11 July 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#83    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostRender, on 11 July 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

http://www.guardian....s-olympic-games

it's sad how England is the next to fall so heavily in the terrorism hype.
They're already so close to being the next America.

I wonder if Ahmadinejad will come to the games.

I like his speechs, his UN ones are hilarious.

#84    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,735 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 11 July 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

Not really, from stratford you're probably only around 6 miles as the crow flies from Barking in Essex.....if you put those launchers further east you won't have the vantage points the high rises give you, and south of the river is completely unwatched..

Also, you got London City Airport, with all it's small business flights, that's only a couple of miles from the Blackwall Tunnel if you want an idea of scale.....that'll need to be watched very carefully..

You guys would know better than I....I was simply wondering about the logic in it being so close.

#85    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,985 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostMichelle, on 11 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

You guys would know better than I....I was simply wondering about the logic in it being so close.

As well as what The Sky Scanner mentions I would guess other areas (ways in) will already be covered (not necessarily by missiles, but by other means of defence as well) by a defence system that was already in place. These other defences would cover something coming into our air space from outside our borders. These missiles close to the Olympics would be more for an internal attack (quicker than scrambling fighter jets) as well as being a deterrent.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 11 July 2012 - 08:32 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#86    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

View Postand then, on 11 July 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

It's worse than that, Brian, seems you all have similar rules s we in the States.  The military can only be deployed in a disaster and even then it's the State militia (national guard) so I read that the troops who can fire these missiles are being guarded by civilian police :gun:

Aye..is it any wonder i want to go and live in the south pole... :lol:

#87    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,378 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 11 July 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

That's just the type of lunacy and bizareness we expect from you weird Lefties.

Yes, be very afraid LLG.  All the 'Righties' should be scared silly, as they are.

Despite the fact that the best the "terrists" have to offer so far is flammable materials in their underwear and shoes, you are afraid that suddenly they are going to acquire attack jets piloted by camel jockeys.

Yes, by all means my rightie British Friend, embrace your inner coward and the Global War On Terror.  Admire The Emperor's New Clothes!  Truly they are splendid! :yes:

#88    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,985 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 12 July 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yes, be very afraid LLG.  All the 'Righties' should be scared silly, as they are.

Despite the fact that the best the "terrists" have to offer so far is flammable materials in their underwear and shoes, you are afraid that suddenly they are going to acquire attack jets piloted by camel jockeys.

Yes, by all means my rightie British Friend, embrace your inner coward and the Global War On Terror.  Admire The Emperor's New Clothes!  Truly they are splendid! :yes:

Hi Babe,

I was wondering if you saw my post earlier in this thread about terrorism in the UK in the 70's and 80's involving the IRA (long before the US war on terror). Being young at the time I just took things as I was told them. Do you have any notion that these attacks (that killed and maimed) may have had 'False Flag' intentions attached to them in any way?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#89    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,378 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi Junior

I think I did see that post of yours regarding IRA.  Being of Irish extraction, formerly Catholic, and having read Trinity and numerous other books about the matter of Irish independence, IRA and such, I'm sympathetic to the notion of Irish independence.

That said, it is certainly a sticky wicket over there, and I do not pretend to have any sort of answer.

I am skeptical of the term 'terrorism', for I think it has reached a ridiculous level and is far over used, rather like 'reds' or 'anarchist' were used to bait the crowds 100 years ago.

Warfare, of the undeclared variety, is what happened in Ireland.  Is warfare scary?  Yes it is.  Does it evoke fear in people not involved?  Yes it does.

Are 'fear' and 'terror' synonyms?  Yes they are.

Call it what you will, but men have been killing each other, separately or in groups, as long as they have been on the blood planet.  :innocent:

#90    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,840 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 11 July 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

No.  You try to shoot it down before it gets anywhere near the Olympic Stadium.
  Hard to do with missiles in place very near the events.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

Also tagged with olympic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users