Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bible Study - Matthew 12:42

SpiritWriter

solomon was given wisdom by god, god said he would give solomon any thing he wanted and solomon asked for wisdom to lead gods people. god gave him this as well as the gold and all other things other men would ask for.

You've opened the way for a new question!

"what is the difference between Solomon asking for wisdom and Eve desiring wisdom?"

• Like 1

You've opened the way for a new question!

"what is the difference between Solomon asking for wisdom and Eve desiring wisdom?"

eve didnt desire wisdom she wanted the knowledge of good and evil, if you know whats good and whats bad then you have no excuse for doing wrong and can be punished, if she hadnt had it she could of accidently done bad things and it would of been forgiven as god hadnt told her she was wrong.

• Like 1

Yes I did mean from inside the earth. That is the whole reason I thought of this. I was comparing it to Jonah being in the belly of the whale and Jesus being in the heart of the earth.. I also said this because he didn't mention the queen by her name. You say Solomon didn't worship Goddesses but he allowed his wives too, I don't agree. I think he did.

he did start to neglect god by taking part with his wifes but he never stopped believing in god as when god is revealed to you it would b impossible to worship lesser spirits. sheba did not come from inside the earth, what other times in the bible does it mention a civalisation that lived underground?

when you look up the translation for the people of sheeba its a place in arabia and they are sometimes called sabeans

eve didnt desire wisdom she wanted the knowledge of good and evil, if you know whats good and whats bad then you have no excuse for doing wrong and can be punished, if she hadnt had it she could of accidently done bad things and it would of been forgiven as god hadnt told her she was wrong.

lol! 2 chron. 1:10 Solomon says 'give me now 'wisdom and knowledge'

the woman desired the fruit because it would make one wise...

but what she got was yada' ..where the serpent said God does know, God does yada'

the wise that she desired was prudence...sakal

What the woman was desiring was to judge/learn what things are from looking upon them with the outer eye sight...well it looks good to me! It would be like reversing the old saying..

'don't judge the book by it's cover"...she desired the knowledge of the cover, thus "only judge the book by it's cover", appearances...to live by appearance only...their eyes were opened and they saw their covering, Oops we need some clothes! then the covering becomes all they percieve they are (flesh) and now that needs to be covered...gets worse when we think we are the clothes!

he did start to neglect god by taking part with his wifes but he never stopped believing in god as when god is revealed to you it would b impossible to worship lesser spirits. sheba did not come from inside the earth, what other times in the bible does it mention a civalisation that lived underground?

when you look up the translation for the people of sheeba its a place in arabia and they are sometimes called sabeans

I didn't say queen of Sheba came from inside the earth. My argument is that Jesus perhaps was talking about a goddess (a re-introduction/resurrection of the feminity of god) we know he speaks in parables... There are goddesses in other texts that are said to live in the underworld. I also never said Solomon stopped believing in god. He did however feel there was something lacking in his religion. He often said it was all for vanity and vexation of spirit. He was always searching for more.

I think it is quite remarkable, as another poster said that Solomon thought queen Sheba wasn't human, as told in the Koran. I'm going to try find more from that version.

Edited by SpiritWriter

If he thought she wasn't human, what other sort of creature could she have been? Was it common for non-humans who appeared to be humans to be roaming the earth in those days? If it was surely he would have run into some, he was very experienced.

The more I look at this the more plausible this is becoming to me. Please read the attached article in it's entirety. Please also consider that the bible is not the supreme source of all knowledge concerning these things. There was much more written in these times and was spread throughout the lands. I find it remarkable that soloman built a temple specifically for this queen, that she was depicted as having goat legs, that her and Solomons son ended up with the ark of the covenant and the etheopians consider her mother of their land...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/cultures/sheba_01.shtml

Edited by SpiritWriter

Why would god allow for him to end up with the treasured ark, if there wasn't a greater mystery to this plot.... Very very interesting

why would the bible not be the supreme source of knowledge concerning these thing s the koran is only a few hundred years old and we are talking about something that was meant to of happened more than 3000 years ago. you did say she came from the ground, thats why i asked you what u meant as i thought it was a spelling mistake.

what u said

"Is it coincidental that Jesus speaks of this Queen of the South, coming out of the uttermost parts of the earth"

what the passage says

"The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here."

Edited by Armchair Educated

We have Arab Spring already demanding democracy so best move on to the next part.

I would assume the Koran is derived from the same ancient texts the current version of our bible is derived from. And I would also assume the current version of our bible isn't 3000 years old.

What I am saying concerning Jesus mentioning this queen "coming from the uttermost parts of the earth" as said in the kjv, is in comparison to himself also coming from the heart of the earth before his resurrection. My argument is that this may be a covert parable... That's all, a speculation in the text that turns out to be a very interesting argument... IMO

Maybe queen Sheba did come from the center of the earth, now that we see she might not have been human. But that's not what I'm saying. I am saying the queen Jesus mentions in Matt 12:24 could be a parable to goddess resurrection when viewed in the light that he had just mentioned the foretelling of his own resurrection from the heart of the earth.

Edited by SpiritWriter

The general center of Earth's land mass is Egypt.

http://don-stewart-r...ueen-sheba.html

Almost forgot to add that Egyptians at that time would tell others in speaking about her that she was not human as to them she was a living god.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

why would the bible not be the supreme source of knowledge concerning these thing s the koran is only a few hundred years old and we are talking about something that was meant to of happened more than 3000 years ago. you did say she came from the ground, thats why i asked you what u meant as i thought it was a spelling mistake.

what u said

"Is it coincidental that Jesus speaks of this Queen of the South, coming out of the uttermost parts of the earth"

what the passage says

"The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here."

I forgot to quote you but see above for my response to this... Refer to the KJV it says "uttermost parts of the earth"

Wonder how the original text phrases it...

Edited by SpiritWriter

Maybe the Queen of the South is representative of the goddess and the men of Nineveh is a symbol for mankind. Some versions make this two parts of the trinity, the Son is the flesh which is mankind, the Spirit in this narrative used to be the Goddess or feminine aspect of the divine, Shekinah, but modern Christianity has supressed both the feminine and humanity making both below God even if the sacred can still be found among humanity and the feminine. Instead the masculine aspect of God is pumped out to overshadow the other 2 parts of the equation.

I am just brainstorming based on the OP.

There is also the Queen Candace of Ethiopia, in Acts 8, her subject, a eunuch of rank, converts.

On the surface this is about converting but what if ulteriorly it is about reunifying and merging once again all three aspects. That is even those who follow the goddess, or follow the way of mankind, can still find their place among God. To be honest it was not even Christianity that pumped up the masculine, the Jewish thought of that day did this long before. So maybe for Christ part of his mission was allowing all three parts to return to the fold?

I forgot to quote you but see above for my response to this... Refer to the KJV it says "uttermost parts of the earth"

Wonder how the original text phrases it...

Uttermost means the ends, the ends of the earth aka the farthest known place at that time.

http://www.bluelette...ngs=G4009&t=KJV

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

what u said

what the passage says

Well armchair, I would say that was fun. I do see 'utter' means 'outer' and that in would have had to say 'innermost' to remain within the context I first viewed it in... Nevertheless it was somewhat thought provoking don't you think? It did bring up some interesting side topics at least...

I read this today and wanted to share it:

God cannot be known in theological debates but in our deeds and our love. Even though the matters discussed during such disputations demand a high degree of intellectual ability, I don't think that they are nearly as important as the love of Christ. So I have not written for these clever people unless they have put aside and forgotten every worldly concern and are ablaze with longing to surrender to God their creator...

With that said perhaps we can engage in another bible study topic on another date! :) I am not always so abstract...

Oh and I should probably site who said that... Richard Rolle in the fire of love

I was thinking of "uttermost" as in the "depths" of

Utter is easy to associate with depth because it is very close to under.

Under comes from proto-Germanic and it means lower.

On the other hand utter also comes from proto-Germanic but means outer and never under.

So uttermost parts of the earth would be more outer region instead of nether region.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 1

Utter is easy to associate with depth because it is very close to under.

Under comes from proto-Germanic and it means lower.

On the other hand utter also comes from proto-Germanic but means outer and never under.

So uttermost parts of the earth would be more outer region instead of nether region.

Well thanks for messing up my little theory lol jk.. ;):)

the sign of jonah has always felt like peace to this brother however much learning is needed to acquire the peace

• Like 1