Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4126    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:21 PM

Failed exit last night at about 2 am. Had alcohol in my system and television was on so I'm not surprised. Heavy vibrations and rushing noises but I just could not exit.  

Shortly after that a sleep pralysis incident. I'm not bothered by them any more but ocasionally it tricks me.

I was on the coach and I went back to sleep after my failed exit attemp, I woke up slightly and I could feel the sleep pralysys presence it's not scary at all for me anymore it's just there. Ignoring it I started to go back to sleep when I could hear it breathing. This made me think that maby there really was somebody in the room with me. I leaped off the coach to face it.... Laughing at myself for falling for That old trick again I went up stairs slipped into bed with my wife. Closed my eyes thought about trying an exit again the. Decided not to. Then all of a sudden I was back on my sofa. Dam!!! I was out. False awakening again! This time I physically went up and got on bed with my wife.

Lesson of the night.-------don't drink and astrial project. The two don't mix well.

Edited by Seeker79, 05 February 2011 - 04:22 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4127    Grok

Grok

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

This has probably been asked before but this thread is way too long for me to read through it so I apologize now if my question is redundant. For those who are new at it or who are not trying to astral project but it occurs accidentally anyway, how does one keep from having their consciousness slam back into their body creating an internal jolt? It's like the mind becoming aware of what's about to happen so it slams hard on the brakes. Very uncomfortable feeling, how does one stop it?

#4128    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:22 AM

You may be  more sensitive to altered states than others.

Some things to do.

1) make sure you are tired when go to sleep. If you wake up late then go to bed early you are makeing youself vulnarable

2) do not take naps during the day.

3) a hot bath and  a couple glesses of win. Bfore bed will help.

4) if you sleep with someone they may be disturbing You in the night ( not sure how to get around that one ) other than good love making before bed. ( I'm not joking )

5) if you learn to astrial project you will gain control over your altered states. Even if you don't practice but have experience, your transitionS will be much smoother.

Good luck.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4129    Chickenforce

Chickenforce

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

I've been curious about AP since I saw this thread a while back and just got really close to actually doing it (I think?). I felt intense vibrations beginning to build up and my heart started beating really fast. My bed felt like it was swaying/shaking and the whole experience was very overwhelming. I knew I had to keep focused but I just couldn't! My eyes were twitching really bad and I just couldn't keep them closed to save my life. Any suggestions on how I can improve?

#4130    Grok

Grok

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:07 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 06 February 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

You may be  more sensitive to altered states than others.

Some things to do.

1) make sure you are tired when go to sleep. If you wake up late then go to bed early you are makeing youself vulnarable

2) do not take naps during the day.

3) a hot bath and  a couple glesses of win. Bfore bed will help.

4) if you sleep with someone they may be disturbing You in the night ( not sure how to get around that one ) other than good love making before bed. ( I'm not joking )

5) if you learn to astrial project you will gain control over your altered states. Even if you don't practice but have experience, your transitionS will be much smoother.

Good luck.

Thank you for the information. I rarely actually try to AP, it just sometimes seems to try to occur on its own during my sleep or that in-between state. A few times I've tried to do it intentionally but that was moreso to try to learn some control over the slam feeling. If I could learn to either stop involuntarily slamming on the brakes and just go or prevent my consciousness from involuntarily trying to AP then I can avoid that unpleasant jolt I get. It's not an everyday occurrence, just occasionally.

Edited by Grok, 06 February 2011 - 03:11 AM.

#4131    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

Your not going to be able to stop leaving your body at night  , we have to return to the spirit world every night, but if you do develop ap skills the slam will go away.

Keep us posted.

Bruce Lee-

#4132    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostChickenforce, on 06 February 2011 - 02:33 AM, said:

I've been curious about AP since I saw this thread a while back and just got really close to actually doing it (I think?). I felt intense vibrations beginning to build up and my heart started beating really fast. My bed felt like it was swaying/shaking and the whole experience was very overwhelming. I knew I had to keep focused but I just couldn't! My eyes were twitching really bad and I just couldn't keep them closed to save my life. Any suggestions on how I can improve?
It sounds like your not getting your exit, you Should time your exit technique with vibrations. It seems like this is one of the biggest blocks for people. If your in the mid vibrations just roll out or jump up like on a surf board.

You might actually do it, but most likely you will be out. Careful you might think you actually did it but be out. Always remember to look back at yourself even if you think you are in normal reality. I can't tell you how many times I forget to do that and blow the journy because I think I failed to exit when in truth I'm in spirit.

Edited by Seeker79, 06 February 2011 - 04:45 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#4133    TheOddGirl

TheOddGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

I have been reading this thread for weeks and have a few questions.  

1. Do you have to lie on your back with your palms up?  This is an uncomfortable position for me and might be stopping me from having any success.

2. I fall asleep very quickly and never really get past the part where I relax.  Should I be more awake but not fully awake?

3. My 9 year old daughter is trying to teach me (she can AP).  Could this be having an effect on me as she is my little girl and maybe I have an issue with HER teaching ME something?

I am very much enjoying reading everyone else's accounts of their experiences and am eager to have some of my own :)

#4134    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Nice....... (  a quick comment on your nine year old.  Make double sure....... She only talks about her experiences with you. Make sure she understands that the rest of the world dosnt get it. And most probabaly can't.  If she talks about it with other people and receives negative stimulouse..... It may kill her talent. Trust me on this )

1) no. You can lie any position that makes you comfortable. The problem is psycology and exit. If you are lying face down and you project strait out you end up in your bed or floor.  Been there done that. That's why I sugest rolling  as an exit because it sends you off your bed.

Depending on the position and exit. Rolling will always be fine unless you are sleeping next to someone. Your natural worry is that you roll on them. This is all it takes to kill the exit. I'm starting to recomend now upon reching vibrations just get up very vigourously and walk to a designated spot in the room.  This will make you exit with intent.

2) are you following the advice of 3 or 4 am? If your not. 95% of the time you will just fall asleep. You should be have at least 3 hours of sleep just prior to your attempt.

3) children are 100 times more capable than we are. She should not affect you. But if you have any worry and carry it with you. Yes your own issues will have a great affect on you.

Since I can do this, I end up looking after my own son in the spirit world, and mostly his teaching spirits are annoyed with me. I'm like the soccor dad interfearing with the normal spiritual development of my kid. I have back off a bit in relization that it's a process .

Good luck.

Keep us posted on your progress or even what you learn from your daughter.

Bruce Lee-

#4135    TheOddGirl

TheOddGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 07 February 2011 - 10:20 PM, said:

Nice....... (  a quick comment on your nine year old.  Make double sure....... She only talks about her experiences with you. Make sure she understands that the rest of the world dosnt get it. And most probabaly can't.  If she talks about it with other people and receives negative stimulouse..... It may kill her talent. Trust me on this )

Yes, we have MANY conversations regarding this!  At first I disregarded what she used to say about her travels and then she (in spirit) stood next to my bed and said "Mommy" twice.  But she ws up in her bed on the top bunk sound asleep.  That is what first made me think she was telling the truth.  The next is when I decided to ask her (admittedly extremely skeptically) what happens when she projects and she said she shakes all over "but not like I'm cold, Mom, it's hard to explain" and then she's able to go where she wants to go.  She talks now to my mom (who also used to project) and she also reiterates what I tell her about keeping it secret.  If she wants to talk about it, she can talk to her or me.

About the 4 am thing: I get up for work about 3-4 am so I try to do it when I lay down to sleep.  If I have to have slept for 3 hours or so, I'll have to wait for the weekend to try again.

Thanks!

#4136    Grok

Grok

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:42 AM

Question:  While you're out of your body, is it possible that your physical body can be taken over by someone else astral projecting or by some other entity, i.e. a ghost, demon, spirit?

I recall reading a book several years ago where the main character astral projected (she was new at it), and another person who was far more experienced at it intentionally astral projected into her body to take it over while the main character was out of her body exploring.  It was a fictional story but is this possible?

#4137    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

View PostTheOddGirl, on 07 February 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

Yes, we have MANY conversations regarding this!  At first I disregarded what she used to say about her travels and then she (in spirit) stood next to my bed and said "Mommy" twice.  But she ws up in her bed on the top bunk sound asleep.  That is what first made me think she was telling the truth.  The next is when I decided to ask her (admittedly extremely skeptically) what happens when she projects and she said she shakes all over "but not like I'm cold, Mom, it's hard to explain" and then she's able to go where she wants to go.  She talks now to my mom (who also used to project) and she also reiterates what I tell her about keeping it secret.  If she wants to talk about it, she can talk to her or me.

About the 4 am thing: I get up for work about 3-4 am so I try to do it when I lay down to sleep.  If I have to have slept for 3 hours or so, I'll have to wait for the weekend to try again.

Thanks!
Yes the shaking is the vibrations. And what you said was exactly what I would expect a child to say.   Good job mom. There are very few like you.  Or her. Yes weekends might be a good plan for you. But of course it will take you a while to develop skill ...especially on a once a week schedule. But... Don't worry about her.... She is more spiritualy developed than you are... But I'd bet you already knew that... Rest assured that you also travel into the spirit world every night. Your interests are represented. The problem is memory. It's hard to understand I know.

:)

Bruce Lee-

#4138    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,070 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:05 AM

View PostGrok, on 08 February 2011 - 01:42 AM, said:

Question:  While you're out of your body, is it possible that your physical body can be taken over by someone else astral projecting or by some other entity, i.e. a ghost, demon, spirit?

I recall reading a book several years ago where the main character astral projected (she was new at it), and another person who was far more experienced at it intentionally astral projected into her body to take it over while the main character was out of her body exploring.  It was a fictional story but is this possible?
Maby maby maby maby.... I have never met somone so capable. But if you do ., send him/ her my way because I have many questions.

Bruce Lee-

#4139    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:59 AM

Seeker, you ever been to the astral realm? That was probably a stupid question.

Is it like the real world? Like does it look like it? And do you have problems seeing. (Is it hazy?) Is there night and day? It's confusing. Still trying to figure out what actually happened last night.

Also, can you make cheese come from nowhere? (Objects in general.) Is there like this thing that looks light lightning? Is there snow? What about leaves?

Edited by human_eraser, 08 February 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#4140    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

Seeker... What is the process that you go through to astral project?

You simply lie down with a tired mind, concentrate for a minute, and you're out?

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users