Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#241    The Gremlin

The Gremlin

Gnawing at the ankles of Falsehood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

• sniffing the finger of truth

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

The Woman in Black....the old version....scared the pants off me when I was little....

saw it again a few years ago, expecting to be well beyond desensitised to that sort of thing  by now......scared the pants off me again :cry:

There's one bit in particular that gets me everytime....goosebumps just thinking about it.....

I rarely talk about such things but I once shoveled 18 tons of material in 11 min-
utes. It was under ideal conditions which allowed use of the legs and gravity
but I know no one who could have matched it and I do know work
...Cladking
If you were a dragon wouldn't you rather eat fat, alocohol fill, Nordic giants, than stringy little Chinamen?   Draconic Chronicler.
You claim you do research and then disregard the fact the Pyramids were built by God, which is why no man-made computer can replicate it.  The Interpreter

#242    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Iron clad.
It's not supposed to be a scary movie, but when the battle scenes happened I felt asif I was their and my adrenaline kicked in.
:lol:

#243    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

I still say Hernry: Portrait of a Serial Killer was one of the most F"ed up movies I have ever seen and it scared the hell out of me :no: :no:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#244    Haunted London

Haunted London

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

There's a new movie called "Lovely Molly", which is a demonic possession story from one of the creative talents behind "The Blair Witch Project". The first half of the movie is scarier than the second half, and it's dark, disturbing stuff, which uses its creative sound design to great, creepy effect. There's a scene about 40-45 minutes involving the main character in her bedroom and something coming up the stairs which is one of the scariest moments I've witnessed in 30 + plus years of cinema-going.

#245    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm not really sure of which films have scared me, but a couple i did find enjoyable to watch were 'Martyrs' and 'Dread'. Although 'Martyrs' started off well enough, it did get a bit silly, but still good enough to watch.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#246    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostxBlackDahliax, on 08 March 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... Posted Image

There is one movie that I have watched multiple times and still sends chills down my spine : "Stanley Kubricks The Shining"... it's a brilliantly directed and s*spam filter*.

More recent movies that are actually scary - it might have become a mass-market thing but the first "Paranormal Activity" works as a pretty decent movie for scares. Beyond that I am drawing a blank. Don't get me wrong - there have been several really well done horror movies in recent years ("May", "Cabin in the woods", "Scream" to name three random ones that come to mind) but they aren't actually scary - just well done.

#247    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostWookietim, on 25 September 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

There is one movie that I have watched multiple times and still sends chills down my spine : "Stanley Kubricks The Shining"... it's a brilliantly directed and s*spam filter*.

More recent movies that are actually scary - it might have become a mass-market thing but the first "Paranormal Activity" works as a pretty decent movie for scares. Beyond that I am drawing a blank. Don't get me wrong - there have been several really well done horror movies in recent years ("May", "Cabin in the woods", "Scream" to name three random ones that come to mind) but they aren't actually scary - just well done.

I love Cabin in the Woods that movie is perfect in my eyes, It has just enough gore and scary moments in it...Its also extremely funny

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#248    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 26 September 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I love Cabin in the Woods that movie is perfect in my eyes, It has just enough gore and scary moments in it...Its also extremely funny

Plus, that movie is the smartest breakdown of horror movie cliches since "Scream"... And, let's face it, it was nice to see so many Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse alumni in one spot.

It occurs to me... I have yet to hit a Joss Whedon project I really dislike. I thought "Dollhouse" was that at first but then episode 6 rolled around and it became something other than what it's early episodes promised and was really good. Here's hoping Whedon can keep going for "Avengers 2"!

And I have to explain - I divide the type of scares a movie can bring. There are the jump scares (And "Cabin in the woods" had those) but I don't really consider that scary - just surprising. It takes more than that to be "Scary" IMHO - a movie has to leave one afraid to turn out the lights at night after seeing it to qualify. That's why I can't call the "Friday the 13th" or movies like that "Scary" no mater how much I enjoy watching them...

Edited by Wookietim, 27 September 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#249    Urisk

Urisk

Smiling like a killer

• 1,503 posts

• born to lose
    live to win

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Not sure really, but zombie and other suitable apocalyptic movies are probably quite good. Strip away the zombies/rage-infected numpties/triffids/epidemic/aliens/whatever and you have quite a scary realisation of what can happen to the human race and our cosy existence if society was to ever break down. It's dangerously close moreso than ever before in this current economic climate. Electricity, heating, sanitation, communication, travel, food; everything grinding to a halt, and the human race left to revert back to what we nowadays mock as "primitive" living, but soon realise that farming, self defence, foraging, tool, clothing and weapon crafting, they're all skills that we've lost! Being shunted into a dark age from an age of relative comfort for the Western World... Would you survive? Would I?

To be hoenst it was the Day of the Triffids book that freaked me out more than anything, there's a line about having to learn how to farm somewhere, but not knowing how to plough, or even MAKE a plough; that one line hit me like a brick wal!!

Posted Image

I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars

#250    TheDarkEnergy

TheDarkEnergy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Tomorrow's life is too late. Live today!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

The ring, Lake mungo, Quarantine. :blink:

:cry: Every decision we make is meaningless because somewhere, on a parallel Earth, we have already made the opposite choice.

#251    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,009 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

John Capetenters "The thing"

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#252    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostUrisk, on 29 September 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Not sure really, but zombie and other suitable apocalyptic movies are probably quite good. Strip away the zombies/rage-infected numpties/triffids/epidemic/aliens/whatever and you have quite a scary realisation of what can happen to the human race and our cosy existence if society was to ever break down. It's dangerously close moreso than ever before in this current economic climate. Electricity, heating, sanitation, communication, travel, food; everything grinding to a halt, and the human race left to revert back to what we nowadays mock as "primitive" living, but soon realise that farming, self defence, foraging, tool, clothing and weapon crafting, they're all skills that we've lost! Being shunted into a dark age from an age of relative comfort for the Western World... Would you survive? Would I?

To be hoenst it was the Day of the Triffids book that freaked me out more than anything, there's a line about having to learn how to farm somewhere, but not knowing how to plough, or even MAKE a plough; that one line hit me like a brick wal!!

Nice post.

Day Of The Triffids is one of the most fantastic sci-fi horror apocalyptic stories in print, and was a big influence on Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later. Share many similar themes including the start in the hospital and the abrupt end of civilization as we know it.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#253    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

The movies "Wrong Turn" really freaked me out!! Oh, and also the movie about the freak that lives in the subway-think it's called Creep.

:tsu:

#254    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,520 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Insidious is a REALLY SCARY movie, I didnt sleep for a while after I saw that.

#255    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postarenee, on 10 March 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

Maybe a good scary clown movie might do it for me...and not like that It movie.  I thought that was ridiculous...

King does not translate well into movies, read the book, it will scare you..omg :yes:

What could possibly go wrong?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users