Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#6061    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,208 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Speaking of "truth" and "skyeagle," you could always pay a visit to the 9/11 threads where he's doing a hell of a lot of good.  :tu:

He's still plugging away over there huh? I've pretty much given up on the whole 9/11 thing. It's even more frustrating than than the ETH on occasion. The conspiracy angle and the paranoia are just too much for a sane person to take after so long. :tu:

Edit: By the way, good for Skyeagle. I'm glad to see that he has found a more productive (maybe?) interest.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 21 October 2012 - 06:24 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6062    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 October 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

Speaking of "truth" and "skyeagle," you could always pay a visit to the 9/11 threads where he's doing a hell of a lot of good.  :tu:

If anyone can do it its him. Like many others I find those "truthers" too much. I guess I kinda hate them.

Yea, I hate them.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6063    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Hey, Hazzard..... maybe this is the exhibit A you are looking for??

"This data is going to be one for the history books, it's looking really good,"

http://news.cnet.com...-on-mars..-yet/

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6064    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostDBunker, on 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Looks promising...  I'll wait for the full announcement, but I must say it looks pretty cool.  Thanks for posting it DBunker :)

#6065    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 22 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Looks promising...  I'll wait for the full announcement, but I must say it looks pretty cool.  Thanks for posting it DBunker :)

Maybe not as exciting as evidence of ET visitation.... but yea, this looks like it could be BIG.

And not the "full disclosure" woo woo nonsense either.... this is real science. Real evidence. :tu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6066    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

The data will be that Mars has Life,Water Drive-inns, B.B.Q joints and a Few choice Land deals still  left ! Lets Get THat Mars Mission going Mid ! :tsu: :alien:

This is a Work in Progress!

#6067    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

A picture of some ancient zoolite would be soooo cooool.

#6068    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,208 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostDBunker, on 22 November 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

A picture of some ancient zoolite would be soooo cooool.

It will most likely be organic compounds that they have found, or something similar. That's still pretty cool though. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6069    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Maybe we will get the word b-4 the weekend ! So I know wether to Eat so Much Turkey or start building my own Starship ?

#6070    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

I hope they take their time and get it right.  They have billions in funding riding on this.
Zero margin for error.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#6071    mcrom901

#6072    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 22 November 2012 - 01:13 AM, said:

It will most likely be organic compounds that they have found, or something similar. That's still pretty cool though. :tu:

Where is the line between life and "just" organic compounds.... I wonder?

#6073    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,536 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

DB the line is If the compound walks up to Curiosity and Kicks it to  see what it responds too ! :clap: :alien: :tu:

#6074    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

:tu:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#6075    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 26,843 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

This data is? Clearly Grammer isn't a qualification for the lead scientist for the Curiosity mission at NASA, then. :angry:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat: