Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

The Problem with Magick

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postnightwalker94, on 22 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Magic is useless to you. This does not apply to all else but is simply an opinion and perspective. And the effects tend to be unpredictable when one has no concrete knowledge on the forces they are dealing with but this goes for many things even in the material world. And magic is only limited through the medium. For example, a person. Negative spirits involve themselves with everyone. I see them all the time within people's minds and attached to people's auras whether they are aware of it or not. To limit any sort of spiritual influence to those of the craft would be ignorant for we are spiritual by nature in human bodies as the vehicles. Thank you for hearing my own perspective.
Aren't the forces that the individual who attempts to  conjure for assistance  in a spell or curse  actually  being manipulated to function  opposite of divine intention? I get that all things are of nature and divine because they exist because of God, but understanding and acknowledging  God as the intelligent creator of all nature and in trusting God seems to me to  be the key to fix all the  problems we created on earth  ,and who knows maybe even on the other side when we cross over.
I just can not bypass God and ask something other to do this or that for me, calling them gods.
I get that our personal desires and thoughts attract energies and all , so our thought's and desires are  energy , and nature itself is not bias to judge right from wrong and therefor will at times if no distractions get in the way  bring our personal thoughts and desires to us, but it can not judge what sort of magnetic energy pull or whatever it is called that it flows with and functions . I guess what I'm trying to say is that all things will be accounted for that we summon by our thoughts and feelings.The part of nature that is without mind and thought can not judge us, it just is because it's a reflection , a sort of image of God's identity ,but those forces are not the mind and will of God,yeah the forces are here but I totally think it's sinful to utilize them without understanding them completely, just like it's sinful to strip the earth of her natural resources for currency.
That's just my heart on God and Nature.

#77    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostReann, on 07 January 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Aren't the forces that the individual who attempts to  conjure for assistance  in a spell or curse  actually  being manipulated to function  opposite of divine intention? I get that all things are of nature and divine because they exist because of God, but understanding and acknowledging  God as the intelligent creator of all nature and in trusting God seems to me to  be the key to fix all the  problems we created on earth  ,and who knows maybe even on the other side when we cross over.
I just can not bypass God and ask something other to do this or that for me, calling them gods.
I get that our personal desires and thoughts attract energies and all , so our thought's and desires are  energy , and nature itself is not bias to judge right from wrong and therefor will at times if no distractions get in the way  bring our personal thoughts and desires to us, but it can not judge what sort of magnetic energy pull or whatever it is called that it flows with and functions . I guess what I'm trying to say is that all things will be accounted for that we summon by our thoughts and feelings.The part of nature that is without mind and thought can not judge us, it just is because it's a reflection , a sort of image of God's identity ,but those forces are not the mind and will of God,yeah the forces are here but I totally think it's sinful to utilize them without understanding them completely, just like it's sinful to strip the earth of her natural resources for currency.
That's just my heart on God and Nature.
My apologies for this late response, But as for your statement you seem to be subscribing to the Christian belief that magic is evil relying upon demonic powers to manifest things into reality. Funny thing is during the middle ages most Magicians were in fact devout Christians as can be seen in the writings they left behind, Greater Key of Solomon being one among many. In all cases magic was done only with the aid of God and the angels. Nevertheless I don't want this to become a debate about religion, I am talking about magic and the simple fact that no one, at least no one I have heard of has been able to use it for anything practical, and by practical I mean things like Extending one's life span, healing all illnesses, obtaining wealth and fame, gaining vast amounts of knowledge and so on The only thing I have ever heard magicians being able to do is manipulate the minds  and perceptions of themselves and others, and on occasion make contact with spirits both of which are impractical and at times harmful

#78    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I don't believe in Magic.

But i do Believe in Aliens. And anything that is Supposedly Magical in Nature is most likely Alien in Origin.

#79    Ellapennella

Ellapennella

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

The problem with magik is that it doesn't really exist. We all are part of a universe that WAS CREATED to function a certain way, unbiasly .Maybe ,if we  truly come to that realization of that truth we would understand that the universe itself is charged with a flow of coded existense we all have access to because we were meant to have that access of understanding....have you, like myself, ever wondered why the most important  things were taught to only a select few and remained hidden from the masses?

#80    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostReann, on 15 February 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

The problem with magik is that it doesn't really exist. We all are part of a universe that WAS CREATED to function a certain way, unbiasly .Maybe ,if we  truly come to that realization of that truth we would understand that the universe itself is charged with a flow of coded existense we all have access to because we were meant to have that access of understanding....have you, like myself, ever wondered why the most important  things were taught to only a select few and remained hidden from the masses?
No magick does not exist, I have given the subject much thought and I conclude that what people call magick is really just spirit worship, that is making deals with spirits and getting them to do things for you. It's not something you can learn. Furthermore it is a evil practice and should not be engaged in.

#81    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 29 September 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think
Can someone give a measurable, observable result of the use of Magick whose outcomes are repeatable?

#82    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

View Postcalaf, on 19 February 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Can someone give a measurable, observable result of the use of Magick whose outcomes are repeatable?
No. Thats because it is a spiritual phenomena that is created by spirits it can not be reproduced on command

#83    Lumpino

Lumpino

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

Magick is not good. But, magick is not bad.
http://chestofbooks....ower/index.html
Something about from those book:
"dynamic principle, is no respecter of persons. Its service, like that of the sun and rain, and all natural forces, is open to all - just and unjust; good and bad; high and low; rich and poor. It responds to the proper efforts,.........."

Magick is only the using of finer powers of nature, nothing else.

Edited by Lumpino, 20 February 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#84    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 19 February 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

No. Thats because it is a spiritual phenomena that is created by spirits it can not be reproduced on command
_
yes it can. Dowsing.
there isn't a government, water authority, or golf course owner anywhere on earth that hasn't used a dowser at one time or another. dowsing gives real, observable, well documented results, and even though science has absolutely no idea how it works, it has come to recognise it as a legitimate practice.
i'm not sure it's what you people on here would class as magic, but as it gives clear, measurable, and above all consistent, results, but the mechanism behind it is completely unknown, then I would say it does.

Edited by shrooma, 20 February 2013 - 12:46 PM.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#85    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Some groups believe everything arises from the mind.

When it comes to influencing reality many people fail because they only use the consciousness which cant do much. Instead they need to go for the subconscious but do to that they need to know how to get their conscious minds out if the way which requires a trance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users