Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The safest way to open a bottle of champagne

Still Waters

We all savour the sound of a champagne cork popping. But those of us too squeamish to open the bottle for fear of a fast-flying cork might be onto something.

For the American Academy of Ophthalmology has warned that adults who incorrectly open bubbly bottles are in real danger of poking their eyes out.

http://www.dailymail...eave-blind.html

Have a happy and safe new year everyone!

• Like 1

The safest way to avoid a cork popping in your face is to leave it shut. Champagne is nasty! :passifier:

I avoid personal injury from flying champagne corks by getting the butler to open the bottles!

Edited by ealdwita

We all savour the sound of a champagne cork popping. But those of us too squeamish to open the bottle for fear of a fast-flying cork might be onto something.

For the American Academy of Ophthalmology has warned that adults who incorrectly open bubbly bottles are in real danger of poking their eyes out.

http://www.dailymail...eave-blind.html

Have a happy and safe new year everyone!

Hmm interesting!! New ways of opening a bottle of champagne are always welcome!! :yes:

Wish you a Happy New Year!!!

• Like 1

I avoid the champagne corks by buying whiskey instead. Just got to twist it open, pour some in ice (and coke if you prefer), and sit back to enjoy.

The safest way to avoid a cork popping in your face is to leave it shut. Champagne is nasty! :passifier:

The article isn't just about Champagne. In the video it mentions any sparkling wine.

I've dented the ceiling . I got a lovely sparkling Italian Moscato this year .Nom

I avoid personal injury from flying champagne corks by getting the butler to open the bottles!

You have a butler!! All I have are safety goggles. They're essential in my kitchen.

You have a butler!! All I have are safety goggles. They're essential in my kitchen.

And in mine! All my kitchen staff - cook, scullery maid, cook's maid, under-butler and wine-waiter have to wear them when Champers is being opened!