Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Former USAF pilot saw UFO crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,858 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

Former USAF pilot saw UFO crash
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 04:45s

Ex-USAF pilot says he chased a UFO across Texas and watched it crash on the border near Del Rio, Texas.

#2    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Why would someone with his career, background and the fact he is in his autumn years lie? Ex Military officers carry there pride and professionalism with them. I believe him.

#3    Melo -

Melo -

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• ...more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Yea nowadays people get disreguarded by the public and called an attention seeker, faker, or idiot for reporting something inexplixable to them. But if a persons only lasting gain is a tarnished reputation i like to give em a shot

#4    Bionic Bigfoot

Bionic Bigfoot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Military personnel, police, airplane pilots and similar people in those professions offer some of the most credible eyewitness reports, I nearly always believe their stories.

#5    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

I also believe them 100%, why lie? theres so much hes putting on the line, just to lie? doubtful. Its the truth

#6    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Chooky99: "Why would someone with his career, background and the fact he is in his autumn years lie?"

To get some limelight and have some fun?
Or was that a trick question?

#7    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Give the public just enough information to keep them in the dark.

#8    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostBionic Bigfoot, on 09 October 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Military personnel, police, airplane pilots and similar people in those professions offer some of the most credible eyewitness reports, I nearly always believe their stories.
Very true.  They have more to lose than the average person by fabricating a story, especially when they claim to have been on-duty or in service at the time of the event and are in care and control of military, police, or airline assets at the time.
It seems reasonable to assume that if people within these professions had any motivation to fabricate such a story, they would be more likely to claim that something took place while on a fishing or hunting trip in the wilderness.
I believe this case to be legitimate.  I heard of it a number of years ago and dug into it as best I could.
The usual debunkers could probably easily dismiss this case by claiming a lack of radar data etc., but I see no need for that approach.  Here you have an old man relating a story from his life.  I don't see him on the lecture circuit or writing books to make money from it.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users