Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#196    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Now would be a good time for that scientific method you were such an advocate of yesterday.  A few op-eds you googled and that's "fact" to you?   I can write an op-ed about government's paranoia.  Of Muslims living on rocks in Afghanistan and all kinds of stupid bogeymen that waste our time, blood and treasure.

Full retreat like I said.  It's not going to happen.  You go from one extreme to the other with what you predict on the guns issue, but the constant that remains the same is your contempt for your countrymen.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#197    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Now would be a good time for that scientific method you were such an advocate of yesterday.  A few op-eds you googled and that's "fact" to you?   I can write an op-ed about government's paranoia.  Of Muslims living on rocks in Afghanistan and all kinds of stupid bogeymen that waste our time, blood and treasure.

Full retreat like I said.  It's not going to happen.  You go from one extreme to the other with what you predict on the guns issue, but the constant that remains the same is your contempt for your countrymen.

I showed you the 4 first results of an IxQuick search, now it is your turn to show me 1 result from a forum search... trying to attack is not restoring your believability.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#198    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Your acting silly again Q. Lets get this back on track to a fact based thought out discussion. Instead of playing one upsmanship.

#199    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Attention all law abiding gun owners yamato,asteroidx,uncle sam,and all others I think i can solve this problem for all!

When out hunting in the woods or out somewhere with a concealed carry permit and you come across a wild and aggressive GUN with all your wits and skill subdue the unruly Gun and hand it over to the proper authorities!

Now everyone knows that those guns are dangerous so be carefull,hand it over to a far left party member so they can deal with it correctly.They will properly medicate,rehabilitate,fine,and ban it if need be.Everyone knows these steps are the only way to a safe state of being.So stop argueing about your constitutional rights,guns protect no one and nothing!They are nothing but trouble makers that do nothing but harm!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#200    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I keep my gun on a leash at all times when I take it to the gunpark. Because it is a dangerous gun. Not a  friendly gun like the lefties carry around in there pocket.

#201    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I showed you the 4 first results of an IxQuick search, now it is your turn to show me 1 result from a forum search... trying to attack is not restoring your believability.
Okay, since you're now going to try to deny what you said, no problem.

View Postquestionmark, on 24 December 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

If the majority seez goodbye second amendment it is goodbye second amendment. The reason why those things are called amendments is so they could be changed or abolished as time required and as society evolved.
http://www.unexplain...75#entry4595094

Total surrender from then to now, like I said.

Edited by Yamato, 30 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#202    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Your acting silly again Q. Lets get this back on track to a fact based thought out discussion. Instead of playing one upsmanship.

I was not trying to discredit anybody by making up BS about him/her. If you want to play that game you are welcome but be aware that I am most probably the biggest ar$ehole on this board.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#203    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

http://www.unexplain...75#entry4595094

Total surrender from then to now, like I said.

What I said there, as anybody capable of reading can see is:

If the majority seez goodbye second amendment it is goodbye second amendment. The reason why those things are called amendments is so they could be changed or abolished as time required and as society evolved.

and you are making up that I said that I want to get rid of the second amendment. Which is not the same. Now, as I believe in civilization and not violence I would go by the rule of the majority, whether I like it or not. Because the alternative is to deprive the majority of their rights by instating a dictatorship. Which some around here seem to advocate.

And then they accuse others of being anti-american.

about me

#204    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

What I said there, as anybody capable of reading can see is:

and you are making up that I said that I want to get rid of the second amendment. Which is not the same. Now, as I believe in civilization and not violence I would go by the rule of the majority, whether I like it or not. Because the alternative is to deprive the majority of their rights by instating a dictatorship. Which some around here seem to advocate.

And then they accuse others of being anti-american.
No, what I said quoted you accurately.   It was so wrong, it was over a month ago and I still remembered it almost verbatim.
http://www.unexplain...80#entry4643166

#205    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I was not trying to discredit anybody by making up BS about him/her

Not what Im saying. Im just saying one upsmanship doesnt get us anywhere in this debate. Im sure Im quickly gaining ***hat awards to many around here as well. :tu:

#206    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,213 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

No, what I said quoted you accurately.   It was so wrong, it was over a month ago and I still remembered it almost verbatim.
http://www.unexplain...80#entry4643166

So, you deduce that if I abide by the rule of the majority I am against something. Good to know your comprehension capabilities, makes it easier not to react towards your unqualified comments.

about me

#207    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,095 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

There you go again talking about "most" Americans.   :no:

How much hypocrisy is one people supposed to take?   Americans deserve better than they're getting.

Hey Frank, I notice you write perfect English, have a very western name and use American idioms regularly in your speech.  I was wondering, are you an American living in Vietnam?   If so, what hand were you dealt to wind up there?   Also your username is a bit curious.  A first and last name, very mundane, yet not a public figure's.   I don't think anyone would use their real name as a username on an anonymous message board, so I wondered as well where that came from.   If you don't want to answer that's fine, or if you'd rather PM with me that's okay too.  I've been curious for several days now.
Thanks for the interest.

I went to college in the United States but had to go home when things got rough in Vietnam.  I now have a job that takes me all over North America and Asia, so I stay pretty current.  I also consult on English education and have quite a few native English-speaking friends.  My level is therefore quite good, although sometimes I wonder.  I have been accused of being too formal and using pretentious words -- I assure you that is just what I was taught.

My name is one I used back when I was in college -- my generation often adopted Western names to fit in better, although they don't do that much now.  No it is not my real name, but I've had it with me so long I naturally answer when someone says, "Frank."  (By the way, Frank couldn't possibly be more un-Vietnamese, since the language has no "F."  It is therefore a good way to tell the good speakers from the non-so-good.)

#208    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,488 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

why do ppl keep arguing about militia detail in 2nd??
it has been defined by ussc that 2nd protects individual right, regardless of service in militia.
do you guys like arguing about outdated stuff???

RESIDENT TROLL.

#209    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

So, you deduce that if I abide by the rule of the majority I am against something. Good to know your comprehension capabilities, makes it easier not to react towards your unqualified comments.
Everything I've accused you of on this thread is either verifiable by your own words on this thread, the words I just linked to above, or words I am more than capable of linking to in the future.

Don't insult "the majority of gun owners" if you want to have credibility here.  Don't insult  "a majority of Americans" if you want to earn respect here.  Don't make up fantasies about what "the majority" is legally capable of in this country when you should know full well how wrong that is.   The majority of Americans doesn't have a shred of hope of getting rid of the 2nd.  You know that now.   It took a month for you to admit it, but finally you've surrendered to the truth.

#210    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Original definition of a well regulated militia: http://en.wikipedia....f_Confederation

Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign political or commercial relations and to declare war. No state or official may accept foreign gifts or titles, and granting any title of nobility is forbidden to all. States are restrained from forming sub-national groups. No state may tax or interfere with treaty stipulations already proposed. No state may engage in war, without permission of Congress, unless invaded or that is imminent on the frontier; no state may maintain a peace-time standing army or navy, unless infested by pirates, but every State is required to keep ready, a well-regulated (meaning well trained), disciplined, and equipped militia, with sufficient public stores of a due number of field pieces, tents, a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

I know all of you likie to poo poo these outdated non important documents but then you cant define it yourself so why not look at those that did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users