Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman’s Cat Euthanized By Mistake

euthanized cat veterinarian

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,134 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

GARDNER (AP) — A Massachusetts woman says her cat went to the veterinarian for a flea bath but was mistakenly put to death.
Colleen Conlon of Gardner is grieving the loss of 8-year-old Lady, which she attributes to negligence by the vet, Muhammad Malik. Malik’s lawyer says people should wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment.
Conlon’s 24-year-old son, Jesse, took Lady to the Broadway Animal Hospital last week and unknowingly authorized the cat to be put to sleep after he says he was handed the wrong forms. He says he learned of the mix-up when he returned with a second cat and the vet asked whether he wanted to keep the body.

READ MORE

How terrible :-(

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

To lose a pet at anytime is a terrible thing but to lose one because of someons mistake is...well... :no: .... :cry:

#3    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

I've heard of this happening before with dogs. This makes me terrified of leaving my pets in the care of someone else.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#4    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Maybe people should read before they sign.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#5    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,134 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostKazoo, on 24 September 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Maybe people should read before they sign.
Although you are correct with that I also believe that the veterinarian should have firmly questioned why he was putting down a healthy cat.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#6    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

What a beautiful cat too :cry:

#7    Kazoo

Kazoo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

• “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 24 September 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Although you are correct with that I also believe that the veterinarian should have firmly questioned why he was putting down a healthy cat.

The son signed papers the cat was suppose to die. He has no right to question a legal document like that. I mean it sucks. But it's not the vet's fault the son is irresponsible.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H.L. Mencken

#8    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostKazoo, on 24 September 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

The son signed papers the cat was suppose to die. He has no right to question a legal document like that. I mean it sucks. But it's not the vet's fault the son is irresponsible.

I have to agree with Kazoo on this one. Who doesn't read what they sign? I'm probably also the only person who reads the iTunes thing before clicking 'accept'.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#9    evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Both sides are at fault, the receptionist (since I doubt the vet would of given them the form himself) for giving the wrong form and the son for signing the form without reading. Its tragic but I can see the lawyers for the vet saying the son will be at fault.

Also tagged with euthanized, cat, veterinarian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users