Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Signs of the Zodiac in Australia

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    SagCan

SagCan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

[ In order to enhance the comprehension of the presented material, the installation of a recent version of Google Earth is recommended. NB: Kmz-files are zipped kml (Keyhole Markup Language) files, which will start Google Earth and fly you to a specified location ]

Posted Image
( click for bigger picture )

Hi,

please read the following with an open mind. No claims are made here except for the claim there could be someting to this. If that would be the case, the possible discovery presented here would be of great consequences. But only further research can bring light in this matter. But for the moment, anybody with access to Google Earth can judge for themselves if what is stated here makes sense and fits the facts.

So what is this possible discovery?

Well, I guess what it can best be described as a geoglyph. A giant work of art that was made by moving or arranging stones or earth on a landscape. Something like the Nazca lines, but very different, much larger and even more inexplicable.

What I seem to have found is a geoglyph depicting two signs of the Zodiac. A geoglyph of immense proportions, over 1 kilometer from top to bottom and 2 kilometers from left to right, representing the signs of the constellations Sagittarius and Cancer. This geoglyph is found in a region of the world where it really shouldnít be and seems to reveal knowledge it really couldnít contain. According to the current view on the history, that is.

So where is this geoglyph located?

To be precise, I found it on Google Earth while doing research following ideas Iíve developed studying the work of Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval and John West, among others. These ideas, for reasons  that go beyond the scope of this article, led me to spend some time closely examining some areas in Australia. It was on this continent I made my discovery.

The site is located in the East of Australia, about 25 miles to the North East of the city of Newman. The exact coordinates are  23į13'56.99"S , 119į27'9.02"E - (please use this kmz file to get you to the right location) Ė take notice that in order to get the right view of the geoglyph, you have to turn the globe until North points to the bottom of your screen.

Maybe you can understand my amazement when I first stumbled on what I thought I recognized as an image of Sagittarius. Though not being a historian or scientist, I knew enough to realize the Zodiac is not a part of ancient Australian Aboriginal culture. Since it was hard to imagine that this puzzling geoglyph was created recently, it had to be an illusion, a trick of the mind. So, I let it rest for a while.

But the image continued to intrigue me and since I was still pursuing the investigation of earlier ideas, at times I would surf back to the place and every time I had a hard time convincing myself this really was nothing but my imagination. So much so, I decided to try and find out some more about it. The results of that search are presented in this article.

So, why do I now consider this image to be a geoglyph and not just another somewhat strangely shaped hill? What convinced me this site is most probably man made and therefore could be one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of modern times? Well, there are multiple reasons to support the idea this is not just another rock but an image, work of art if you will, that was created deliberately.

Iíll go by them one by one.

First, there is the image itself, as it seems depicted by the geoglyph. Please take a look at the picture below of representations of the constellations Sagittarius and Cancer . Now compare them with the image on Google Earth. Notice the resemblance?

Posted Image Posted Image

Let me point out that nowadays Cancer is often depicted as a crab (or lobster in some areas) and Sagittarius mostly with his bow pointing in the opposite direction. But the manner in which they are depicted on this site in Australia resembles older images of these signs from the Zodiac. The Cherub-like characteristics of the head of the Sagittarius- figure and what appear to be the muscles of his stomach seem to match the way the sign was depicted in ancient times. The same goes for the image of Cancer, which also seems similar to older known depictions. This gives merit to the idea, that if genuine, the geoglyph is of ancient origins.

Second, the fact that not just any signs of the Zodiac are represented here, but precisely these images, is significant. For, apart from being part of the Zodiac,  these signs are also related in another ways. They represent two important moments in every year, since they are the signs that mark the longest and shortest day. While the tropics are called after Cancer and Capricorn, the sun in fact shines in front of Cancer and Sagittarius during the summer and winter solstice. On the 21th of June it raises in front of the constellation of Cancer while on the 21st of December it raises in front of Sagittarius.

Third, the location of this geoglyph supports the idea these are artificial images, for this location is but fractions of a degree away from the imaginary line that circles the earth and that we now call the Tropic of Capricorn. A further addition to the theory that these are actual images, is the fact that the spot lies almost exactly beneath the constellation of Sagittarius if one mirrors it to where Google Earth places it in relation to the Earth, (place a marker on the geoglyph and skip to Sky-mode, youíll see what I mean).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fourth, if one draws a line following the direction of the arrow of Sagittarius in such a way that it forms a circle around the Earth, one immediately notices that this circle stays almost precisely between the two imaginary lines that form both Tropics. ( kzm-file )

[ NB: while conducting the research for this article I did not have more sophisticated tools at my disposal, I go by what seems to present itself using the means provided by Google Earth. As a result, my estimates are rough. The fact Google Earth does not allow you to draw a complete circle in one complicated things even more. But multiple attempts convinced me of the reality of this specific geographic feature. Remarkable enough it seems that taking the old Mayan temple of Tikal as a marker when drawing the circle, seems to give the best result. But this could be due to inaccurate measurements and in no way do I claim any connection between the two sites other then this apparent coincidence. ]

Fifth, the circle that comes up by tracing the arrow of Sagittarius has a specific feature that gives even more merit to the claim that the images this article deals with  are deliberate works of art. If one considers the place this line reaches its highest point, this can hardly be a coincidence. For it is  exactly at this point where Google Earth places the constellation of Cancer above the Earth. This is yet another feature lending more credibility to the claim that these images are both real, and artificial, and that they contain knowledge that according the current view on history didnít exist in these parts of the world until recently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sixth, if the geoglyph is real, the images portrayed concur fully with what we know about ancient religions. If its artificial nature can be confirmed, this geoglyph seems to have been created by people who were inspired by the movement of the sun. We know of earlier religions, many of them revolved around worship of the sun.

To sum up, I donít claim to be a hundred percent sure that this discovery is real. What I do claim is that the phenomenon provides ample incentives for further research. The qualities and features of this geoglyph are such that though coincidence can not be ruled out, that doesnít seem likely. But only additional research can shed further light on this matter.

I frankly do not know what the consequences of this discovery will be. It seems they will be far-reaching. If this geoglyph turns out to be real, it will not only bring up the mind-boggling question by whom and when it was created. The questions it will bring up will be much more profound, for this geoglyph then will provide proof for the claim that its creators had knowledge of the globe at a level that is not supposed to have existed before our times. It would provide evidence of a culture that knew the exact scale of the globe since it is impossible to create an image with features as described without knowing the measurement of the Earth.

Please check the information provided in this article. Draw the line as described here. Spend some time looking at the site from all angles. To me, every new feature or quality of the site I noticed and studies  only gave more validity to the idea this is Ďthe real thingí. So much so, I decided to risk my credibility by presenting my thoughts and findings in this article. I can only hope youíll take what's presented here serious enough to at least research it for yourself.

For, if correct, the consequences would be far-reaching.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Nope, sorry I can't see it.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

§_Ő M „ Ġ Ó ń ∆ Ř Ī Ł Ş_ §

• 7,902 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

yeah, neither can i

good research effort and presentation though ... :tu:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#4    Flashbangwollap

Flashbangwollap

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

• What is the bottom line?

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 21 February 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

yeah, neither can i

good research effort and presentation though ... :tu:

Yes. I have to agree. Very professional, considering that the pictures are made up of dry creek beds - water runoff from high ground which makes it all a bit of tea-leaf gazing to me.

Edited by Flashbangwollap, 21 February 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#5    SagCan

SagCan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

View PostFlashbangwollap, on 21 February 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes. I have to agree. Very professional, considering that the pictures are made up of dry creek beds - water runoff from high ground which makes it all a bit of tea-leaf gazing to me.

Nobody says this site isn't eroded or hasn't been under influence of natures forces.

If it was just about the picture, you would be completely right.

But it isn't, it's about much more.

It's about the sum of qualities and facts that come together in this site that seem to tell a coherent story that fits with things we know about 'the ancient'.

I found this site and at first I, like you, deemed it to be nothing special.

It was not after discovering the other qualities that come up in researching the site, I came to think maybe there's something more to this.

Of course I can be mistaken but it seems there's enough here to not dismiss the possibility this could be the 'real thing' to quickly.

The story it tells seems to good to say it's wrong without giving it some serious attention.

Again, it's not so much about the images there if real they would probably be of age.

Ans I don't know about yours but my tea leaves don't tell me a story that gets stronger the deeper I dig.

#6    Flashbangwollap

Flashbangwollap

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostSagCan, on 21 February 2011 - 02:32 PM, said:

Nobody says this site isn't eroded or hasn't been under influence of natures forces.

If it was just about the picture, you would be completely right.

But it isn't, it's about much more.

It's about the sum of qualities and facts that come together in this site that seem to tell a coherent story that fits with things we know about 'the ancient'.

I found this site and at first I, like you, deemed it to be nothing special.

It was not after discovering the other qualities that come up in researching the site, I came to think maybe there's something more to this.

Of course I can be mistaken but it seems there's enough here to not dismiss the possibility this could be the 'real thing' to quickly.

The story it tells seems to good to say it's wrong without giving it some serious attention.

Again, it's not so much about the images there if real they would probably be of age.

Ans I don't know about yours but my tea leaves don't tell me a story that gets stronger the deeper I dig.

If in your first post you come up with(in my eyes) such skimpy evidence as random creek/gullies over and in mounds and depressions what do you expect? Plus the amount of this sort of thing hitting the internet solely since Google earth has become available is getting beyond a farce. It's mere added clutter and totally without any real foundation.

#7    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

You might want to change your data , The place you are talking about is in WESTERN AUSTRALIA not EASTERN .....

TiP

The people who post in the fun and games section have a serious problem with gerbils, this includes and is not limited to Helen, JC and Oversword - they need to seek professional help stat.

#8    SagCan

SagCan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

View PostFlashbangwollap, on 21 February 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

If in your first post you come up with(in my eyes) such skimpy evidence as random creek/gullies over and in mounds and depressions what do you expect? Plus the amount of this sort of thing hitting the internet solely since Google earth has become available is getting beyond a farce. It's mere added clutter and totally without any real foundation.

Were in my first post did I come up with random creeks or gullies in mounds and depressions as evidence for anything?

In my first post, I assume you aim at an earlier version of this topic in which I by mistake linked to the article, then on another site, now posted here in whole, that sums up many facts that together, in my view, suggest there's something more to this site then just an eroded hill.

Nowhere do I claim to have found any evidence. I openly state I'm not sure and all I ask for is further research.

And please explain to me how on earth I could have done this possible discovery before Google Earth became available?

Should I have found it on a road map or rented an airplane to randomly fly across the globe?  

Sorry, I'm all about taking things serious, critics not the least, but to be honest, you make it a little hard. To put it mildly.

#9    SagCan

SagCan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

View Posttipotep, on 22 February 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

You might want to change your data , The place you are talking about is in WESTERN AUSTRALIA not EASTERN .....

TiP

I stand corrected. Glad you read it so carefully. You're completely right.

Guess the mix up is due to the fact I'm always looking at the site 'North down'.

Dumb slip up.

Any thoughts on the rest of the article?

PS., in itself another curiosity of the site, the fact that the image is best viewed with South up and North down.

If a genuine image it's aligned South / North, or North / South,  a lay out more often found at ancient sites.

#10    Flashbangwollap

Flashbangwollap

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

View PostSagCan, on 22 February 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

Were in my first post did I come up with random creeks or gullies in mounds and depressions as evidence for anything?

In my first post, I assume you aim at an earlier version of this topic in which I by mistake linked to the article, then on another site, now posted here in whole, that sums up many facts that together, in my view, suggest there's something more to this site then just an eroded hill.

Nowhere do I claim to have found any evidence. I openly state I'm not sure and all I ask for is further research.

And please explain to me how on earth I could have done this possible discovery before Google Earth became available?

Should I have found it on a road map or rented an airplane to randomly fly across the globe?  

Sorry, I'm all about taking things serious, critics not the least, but to be honest, you make it a little hard. To put it mildly.
So I'm the one seeing things like creek beds etc? Take them away and your crab has no legs??

I don't bother going to other sites.

IMO not worth a light.

It's your idea to put forward this as evidence. Without Google the magic dragon no chance at all. Amazing that.

If you are so rich go ahead enjoy the ride. Or save your dough and see below.

There are plenty on here who will make it much harder than me and that's a promise.

If you want to find some truly amazing pieces of art fly using GE, to Adelaide SA...then head East for approximately 10 miles. You should be able to find the South Road at the end of which is a place called Seacliffe. Backup to an intersection about half way along the South road so you'll be going North. The road leading East at the junction is called Davenport Road, follow the road for about a mile and you will come to a two story house painted white with a Balcony and a random stone chimney stack. That's where I grew up. Return back down the road skipping the house in the middle you should see a bungalow set on a high terrace stone wall at right. That used to be the abode of Ted Moseley one of four young men living there. Ted - Edward was a brilliant landscape painter who once donated a landscape painting to each classroom at Dover Gardens Primary school. Which is situated at the bottom of Davenport + virtually straight over the junction and I think it was at the next crossroad right on the corner to the right. Ask nicely at the school dropping a few names and they may give you a treat. However this is from memory of some 40 odd years ago so I could be wrong about some of the detail and again I haven't got Google magic carpet or any other version of Google Earth at present.

#11    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

this reminds me of the pennyhead indian..........

Posted Image

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#12    third_eye

third_eye

§_Ő M „ Ġ Ó ń ∆ Ř Ī Ł Ş_ §

• 7,902 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

I think i see the crab in THIS one :lol:

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#13    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,101 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostFlashbangwollap, on 22 February 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

There are plenty on here who will make it much harder than me and that's a promise.
You got that right.

What a waste of electronic storage this thread is!

There's two anthroglyphs of Poseidon's trident on my face.

Some folks call 'em "smile lines," I calls 'em Poseidon's tridents.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#14    Flashbangwollap

Flashbangwollap

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostHarte, on 22 February 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

You got that right.

What a waste of electronic storage this thread is!

There's two anthroglyphs of Poseidon's trident on my face.

Some folks call 'em "smile lines," I calls 'em Poseidon's tridents.

Harte

Ah the reality that is life. Tridents I like. Try using some useless gunk called cold cream maybe?

Edited by Flashbangwollap, 22 February 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#15    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,101 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

View PostFlashbangwollap, on 22 February 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ah the reality that is life. Tridents I like. Try using some useless gunk called cold cream maybe?
You mean the salve of the Gods, left to us by our ancient alien overlords, right?

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users