Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

some codes I'd like to see broken

Lt_Ripley

real ? or gibberish fantasy ?. sort these out and I'd be impressed !

The World’s 10 Most Famous Uncracked Codes

My link

for example ...

Voynich Manuscript

At least 400 years old, this is a 232-page illuminated manuscript entirely written in a secret script. It is filled with copious drawings of unidentified plants, herbal recipes of some sort, astrological diagrams, and many small human figures in strange plumbing-like contraptions. The script is unlike anything else in existence, but is written in a confident style, seemingly by someone who was very comfortable with it. In 2004 there were some compelling arguments which described a technique that would seemingly prove that the manuscript was a hoax, but to date, none of the described techniques have been able to replicate a single section of the Manuscript, so speculations continue.

the-worlds-10-most-famous-uncracked-codes-7.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lt_Ripley

• MARAB0D

• Bluefinger

• markprice

It seems this Voynich manuscript is some medieval book on Alchemy. The other drawings from it depict splendour, so it may well be a code symbols for Gold. Voynich manuscript is written in one of few dozens of the "secret alphabets", commonly used by the Alchemists. It is known that it originates from the collection of Emperor Rudolph II, the known patron of secret sciences, who had a street in Prague full of Alchemical laboratories and a special minister to filter out the fake scientists, always crowding in his atrium. Most likely Rudolph bought this manuscript to help one of his employees. The actual manuscript may be in Latin or German with most probability, but also can be in Greek or Arabic, this is the only problem with its decoding, as many other similar papers are translated.

I know more interesting code yet to be discovered, this is **** which is my flexicard PIN.

It seems this Voynich manuscript is some medieval book on Alchemy. The other drawings from it depict splendour, so it may well be a code symbols for Gold. Voynich manuscript is written in one of few dozens of the "secret alphabets", commonly used by the Alchemists. It is known that it originates from the collection of Emperor Rudolph II, the known patron of secret sciences, who had a street in Prague full of Alchemical laboratories and a special minister to filter out the fake scientists, always crowding in his atrium. Most likely Rudolph bought this manuscript to help one of his employees. The actual manuscript may be in Latin or German with most probability, but also can be in Greek or Arabic, this is the only problem with its decoding, as many other similar papers are translated.

I know more interesting code yet to be discovered, this is **** which is my flexicard PIN.

lol your code ... lot's of hot shots out there ! I could give it a crack if it's worth enough... would just be all guesses !

lol your code ... lot's of hot shots out there ! I could give it a crack if it's worth enough... would just be all guesses !

haha, I just tried to provide some opportunity to those Christians here who think the wealth is a reward for the faith, as for them cracking such code must be a religious obligation. Hope God would help them all, despite I am unsure if they are aware of how Christian I am when it comes to savings :lol:

Interesting reading. Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to get a hold of that and sit down and pore over it and see if I could get somewhere with it.

Edit:- Looking at it, it shows things being mixed, but things in particular, I can't decipher the words, but they may be irrelevant. You see the females bathing in the water? Ok, I'm thinking of women here as one of the main ingredients in the Elixir of life, the person who wrote it obviously had hit on the idea that something which would give eternal life, and in fact life at ALL would have to be female. I think they've tried to make a formula which would involve capturing the essence of femininity, so they bathe in the water, hopefully it would capture the essence of femininity. Kind of a primative idea because we know these days that such an idea wouldn't work, it might capture a bit of sweat or other juices but you can't make Elixir of life from that, despite including all the plants.

Seems to describe mixing and calcination,a bit like the chymical wedding of Christian Rosenkreuz.

Edited by SevenofZero

I I looked it up myself and only what I could manage to say is that-no wonder it remains uncracked... :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Thanks

B???

I am always intrigued by uncrackable codes and the like...it's a fun diversion from my usually boring life LOL.

Number 6 on Ripley's list is my favorite. A few years ago, my grandpa let me borrow his metal detector. Inside the duffel bag that came along with it, I found a sheaf of papers. Most of them were potential sites he wanted to go detecting at, but two or three others were photocopies of the article on Beale's code. I've got the whole code in there, all 3 sections. I haven't got around to looking at it in detail, yet, though now I probably will.

Some more info. on the Beale code - the friend who cracked the first portion of the code discovered that the numbers corresponded to certain letters in the Declaration of Independence, but the rest didn't. I'm wondering if the other 2 codes corresponded to some other documents (not any of the well-known ones, though. They already tried those.) that were around in the day. Maybe some documents from Virginia? Either way, it's a way cool cipher. I believe that at the time my grandpa had the papers, he figured that the gold alone would have a value of $18 million or something...

Now that I think about it, how could this guy have THAT much gold, silver and jewels? Something in me thinks that maybe he sent this "friend" on a wild goose chase, because he did something to tick him off? Another part of me thinks it's all fake, since I read more about it on Wiki

Edited by SCARLET1

Remember?

von Trapp - Why do not you want to give your jacket to the poor?

Julie Andrews - The poor did not want it!

lmao . extra points for the reference .

the Family von Trapp ..................crickets chirping.

great movie !

The World’s 10 Most Famous Uncracked Codes

My link

for example ...

Voynich Manuscript

At least 400 years old, this is a 232-page illuminated manuscript entirely written in a secret script. It is filled with copious drawings of unidentified plants, herbal recipes of some sort, astrological diagrams, and many small human figures in strange plumbing-like contraptions. The script is unlike anything else in existence, but is written in a confident style, seemingly by someone who was very comfortable with it. In 2004 there were some compelling arguments which described a technique that would seemingly prove that the manuscript was a hoax, but to date, none of the described techniques have been able to replicate a single section of the Manuscript, so speculations continue.

The unidentified plants suggest another planet entirely, and that suggests a language from another planet, right?

The World's 10 Most Famous Uncracked Codes

My link

for example ...

Voynich Manuscript

the-worlds-10-most-famous-uncracked-codes-7.jpg

Even if the manuscript was a hoax, it still retains it's originality, which makes it not so much a hoax? I dunno.

Your code cracks me up.