Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have I or my family been cursed?

davy8

I'm not coming out with this as if it's a joke or just because Iv had some bad luck but because of a cycle of bad events that happen to be repeating themselves. I have wondered this for many years as a lot seems to have gone wrong in my family, I am not sure if this is a long on going curse on my father from before I was born or a new curse by someone who entered the family 11 years ago. I believe it's the latter as since this person entered the family a lot, and I mean a lot has gone wrong from people getting un-curable illnesses to many tragic deaths, the person I am talking about is my brother in law, looking at him as a person (non paranormal) he is a very nasty, jealous person who doesn't like any good for other people, because of this a lot of people take a dislike into him, the issue is terrible things happen to people he gets jealous of or people who cut off with him or make their dislike towards him apparent.

The year my sister brought him into the family my dog got cancer and during this year slowly my life had started to fall apart, I was only 14 but shortly after my nan died and my father became an alcoholic, a further year after this I got type one diabetes, at the time I just put it down a series of bad luck, during this time my mum had got tired of putting up with the disgusting behaviour of my brother in law and told my sister he wasn't allowed to come to our house anymore. within 6 months a series of bad events occurred from vandals moving in next door to my mum having to give up her job and my parents loosing that house.

My grandparents ( from my mothers side) had made it apparent that they dislike him also, the few times they saw him because of how abrupt he is to everyone, however both of them also had a bad outcome, my grandad fell and smashed his head open on a marble table and blead to death and my gran had cellulitis

which eat away at hers legs. When this happened to my grandmother my brother in law insisted he went to visit her and smiled at the state she was in.

I also had a very close young friend that both my sister and her husband were jealous of, he died from cancer too at the age of 18, again sudden within 6 months of them knowing him he was gone.

this past 6 months my mum has again requested that the brother in law not to go to my parents house anymore, since this occurred again a series of bad events have occured from things constantly breaking to again my pet getting cancer and within a time span of 3 days having been put to sleep. I have also last month been told my the doctor that I have a condition now with my eyes that could cause blindness, and again my parents are in a position where they may loose a lot of money again. this may sound like a series of unfortunate events but the bad events are reoccurring as my parents have cut off with my brother in law.

During these years I have had quiet scary dreams of ghosts, the thing that makes them odd is that they only happen on days my sister is about to visit and she always visits un-announced so its not like my imagination is causing it because I know she is coming round, 3 weeks ago I dreamed about my grandmother, in the dream she scared me because she called me stupid and shouted that death was coming, this scared me and after a week I forgot about it but after my pet at a young age of 4 has had to be put down yesterday because of a rare tumor in a deadly place that has grown very rapidly and blocked his airways I think there is a link, I also think she was trying to warn me about something else by calling me stupid.

my parents and I also have seen dark shadows around the houses, they seem to follow, we bless the house with sage and they went but the misfortunes haven't stopped and I need advise if its a curse how do I lift it.

hello.. i can break any curse it seems.. if thats what it is??

im not sure though, just on reading what you have said if its all down to the brother in law.. he sounds toxic, sure.. and psychic attack (which can be people who hate us, attacking us with their thoughts and energy) is a serious problem in all its forms, for a lot of people.. but unless he was playing with black magic i doubt he could cause cancer etc.. if so i would have cancer by now, cause i have been slaughtered by the dark world the last few years, with the work i am doing, on quite a large scale..

i will tune into the situation and see what i can find out, if anything at all..

• Like 2

ok, there are no curses that i could see of any kind.. you are all fine in that regard.. im so sorry your family and you have had a run of bad luck and illness.. it happens to all of us.. just seems worse for some families.. we are each given struggles to deal with and sort through each life, lessons and tests.. i wish it didn't have to happen.. it sucks..

when i psychically tuned into your family just then, we went through a line of you, and then i had to turn away when we got to someone.. eek!!!!.. beyond toxic.. i assume that is this brother in law guy?.. just putrid.. wise to keep your distance.. no black magic energy, nothing i could see that needed removing, its just who he is to the bone.. toxic..

hope the health situation of you and your loved ones improves soon..

take care...

The brother in law is an ass,but he's not the source of any bad luck .

It has more to do with your astrological chart ,than curse.

That being said ,there is a sins of the father aspect to this .

Your family pays for misdeeds ,from years ago,perpetuated by persons in your dads family,decades ago .

This is a karmic issue . Not a curse .

My suggestion is to pray to your guardians to guide you through it all .

Thank you, you both made points that make sense, with bells on, in regards to what you said he does have a collection of witchcraft books and wizadry

books I have been told by a family member but I personally have not seen them, thank you and Simbi Laveau, what you said has just made shivers down my spine because you have just said two things that other's have said, one of which was a source I spoke to just suggested this morning, that possibly based upon the star I was born under I may be predisposed to this weather it be evil spirits to the evil eye and in regards to the misdeed, erm for years my mum has said that she believes someone in relation to my fathers dad has done something bad and that the family is suffering because of it :/ my grandad was rich but always no good came from the money he had, that's why I said i'm not sure if it's down to my brother in law or from before I was born as my grandad from my dads side passed away before I was born.

from what both of you have said it seems theirs issues with astrology, toxic brother in law adding to it and something bad in the past,I will make sure to keep away from the brother in law and pray, but I really would appreciate if anymore advise can be given on remedying this, or at least trying to.

Thank you, you both made points that make sense, with bells on, in regards to what you said he does have a collection of witchcraft books and wizadry

books I have been told by a family member but I personally have not seen them, thank you and Simbi Laveau, what you said has just made shivers down my spine because you have just said two things that other's have said, one of which was a source I spoke to just suggested this morning, that possibly based upon the star I was born under I may be predisposed to this weather it be evil spirits to the evil eye and in regards to the misdeed, erm for years my mum has said that she believes someone in relation to my fathers dad has done something bad and that the family is suffering because of it :/ my grandad was rich but always no good came from the money he had, that's why I said i'm not sure if it's down to my brother in law or from before I was born as my grandad from my dads side passed away before I was born.

from what both of you have said it seems theirs issues with astrology, toxic brother in law adding to it and something bad in the past,I will make sure to keep away from the brother in law and pray, but I really would appreciate if anymore advise can be given on remedying this, or at least trying to.

Well astrology doesn't have to rule you . It's there ,and is a template to our lives,but we can mold it .Make it positive .

Guardian spirits can help you in these matters .

It's not our fault ,the karma .We didn't do it ,so jjust pray for guidance .They will help if you do .

Looks to me like your putting out a lot of negative energy toward your brother in-law. Negative energy out you get negative energy back. Looks like you family rejected him from the start. You blame him for everything bad in your life. Is that really fair. Dogs get cancer, people get sick, cellulites is generally an issue related to diet, your father's drinking problem is something he has done to himself. You need to banish all the negative energy and that starts within yourself. I think you need to learn how to deal with adversity without playing the blame game. You sound depressed and have reason to be. Talk to your doctor and get some counseling.

• Like 1

Simbi hit the nail on the head with saying it was karmic..

my work is more geared towards healing.. i scanned your brother in law to see what we could do, as my intention was to do a healing session on him to remove whatever was causing this toxicity, and we went back and forth for a few minutes and all i got was its all karmic stuff he is dealing with, and its not allowed to be healed or fixed.. truly, there is nothing anyone can do about him.. he is not worthy..

Looks to me like your putting out a lot of negative energy toward your brother in-law. Negative energy out you get negative energy back. Looks like you family rejected him from the start. You blame him for everything bad in your life. Is that really fair. Dogs get cancer, people get sick, cellulites is generally an issue related to diet, your father's drinking problem is something he has done to himself. You need to banish all the negative energy and that starts within yourself. I think you need to learn how to deal with adversity without playing the blame game. You sound depressed and have reason to be. Talk to your doctor and get some counseling.

Dude, he said cellulitis and not cellulite. In either case diet is not always the cause, serious misinformation.

Also his gran has already passed away, a little to late to bring up dieting as a recommendation...

Edited by I believe you

i should add, about your comment about the books he has...he may have books of black magic but i doubt that he has the power.. cause we would of stopped that type of thing.. cause that type of thing the light world will remove and work on, when people are using dark magic to hurt others.. and i have dealt with a lot of black witches, (been attacked by them) especially online, so i know what that energy looks like, and there wasn't any of that..

Erm .... although I appreciate your feedback actually I'm not putting the blame onto him if you read it properly, I'm saying that he causes a lot of issues with his rude behaviour and because of this the family don't accept him! and after ***** futting around for months allowing him to get away with rude, nasty comments when people have enough and put him straight he flips, so people tell him to stay away and then a lot of **** occurs, I have spoken to a phsycologist about all the problems and when we got to discussing him she stated that she thought he was a sociopath, but obviousely he couldnt directly cause illnesses/bad luck THAT is why i'm here asking about these disturbing events.

As for the other replies and pms, thanks :)

I'm not coming out with this as if it's a joke or just because Iv had some bad luck but because of a cycle of bad events that happen to be repeating themselves. I have wondered this for many years as a lot seems to have gone wrong in my family, I am not sure if this is a long on going curse on my father from before I was born or a new curse by someone who entered the family 11 years ago. I believe it's the latter as since this person entered the family a lot, and I mean a lot has gone wrong from people getting un-curable illnesses to many tragic deaths, the person I am talking about is my brother in law, looking at him as a person (non paranormal) he is a very nasty, jealous person who doesn't like any good for other people, because of this a lot of people take a dislike into him, the issue is terrible things happen to people he gets jealous of or people who cut off with him or make their dislike towards him apparent.

The year my sister brought him into the family my dog got cancer and during this year slowly my life had started to fall apart, I was only 14 but shortly after my nan died and my father became an alcoholic, a further year after this I got type one diabetes, at the time I just put it down a series of bad luck, during this time my mum had got tired of putting up with the disgusting behaviour of my brother in law and told my sister he wasn't allowed to come to our house anymore. within 6 months a series of bad events occurred from vandals moving in next door to my mum having to give up her job and my parents loosing that house.

My grandparents ( from my mothers side) had made it apparent that they dislike him also, the few times they saw him because of how abrupt he is to everyone, however both of them also had a bad outcome, my grandad fell and smashed his head open on a marble table and blead to death and my gran had cellulitis

which eat away at hers legs. When this happened to my grandmother my brother in law insisted he went to visit her and smiled at the state she was in.

I also had a very close young friend that both my sister and her husband were jealous of, he died from cancer too at the age of 18, again sudden within 6 months of them knowing him he was gone.

this past 6 months my mum has again requested that the brother in law not to go to my parents house anymore, since this occurred again a series of bad events have occured from things constantly breaking to again my pet getting cancer and within a time span of 3 days having been put to sleep. I have also last month been told my the doctor that I have a condition now with my eyes that could cause blindness, and again my parents are in a position where they may loose a lot of money again. this may sound like a series of unfortunate events but the bad events are reoccurring as my parents have cut off with my brother in law.

During these years I have had quiet scary dreams of ghosts, the thing that makes them odd is that they only happen on days my sister is about to visit and she always visits un-announced so its not like my imagination is causing it because I know she is coming round, 3 weeks ago I dreamed about my grandmother, in the dream she scared me because she called me stupid and shouted that death was coming, this scared me and after a week I forgot about it but after my pet at a young age of 4 has had to be put down yesterday because of a rare tumor in a deadly place that has grown very rapidly and blocked his airways I think there is a link, I also think she was trying to warn me about something else by calling me stupid.

my parents and I also have seen dark shadows around the houses, they seem to follow, we bless the house with sage and they went but the misfortunes haven't stopped and I need advise if its a curse how do I lift it.

There really is a whole lot of issues here. Follow the advice given to you about how to manage diabetes. Research stress reducing techniques from mindfulness, flow, moderate exercise, etc.

High cancer rates sounds as if it could be environmental, are rates higher among the general population in your community?

The ghosts and shadows should be addressed with whatever technique does not increase stress.

The dark shadows are a Jinn. You are being targeted by it because it senses it can get its claws into you through your negative thoughts, feelings and actions.

You need to be positive to the rest of the universe and show love towards all regardless of what other negative people are doing.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Dude, he said cellulitis and not cellulite. In either case diet is not always the cause, serious misinformation.

Also his gran has already passed away, a little to late to bring up dieting as a recommendation...

Hit the wrong SC word. I had cellulitis and I changed my diet and it is gone. :) Yes it can also be caused by bacteria and fungus. It is a health issue not a curse. My wife, father, mother, grandparents, are all gone, I have MS. People die, get sick, it is not a curse. It is life.

Hit the wrong SC word. I had cellulitis and I changed my diet and it is gone. :) Yes it can also be caused by bacteria and fungus. It is a health issue not a curse. My wife, father, mother, grandparents, are all gone, I have MS. People die, get sick, it is not a curse. It is life.

I am sorry for your losses, and also I am very sorry that you have MS and it's good you got better from cellulitis. regarding it being only life that's your opinion and I respect that, I on the other hand, I don't believe it's just life, some people are perfectly fine which is good and have what a lot would say good luck whils't other people have what would appear as constant bad luck, eg type 1 diabetes I am the only person in my family that is known to have ever had it (type one is genetic) yes maybe it was just life maybe not, my first pet gets cancer, second pet different animal so no direct link to the first one, in a different location, eats different food, drinks from different source again gets cancer, friend same thing, so I appreciate what you are saying but I don't need people telling me I'm blaming someone I shouldnt, who even if its purely based on direct life events eg no curse has actually affected my families life in a negative way causing serious problems with his actions, and no I do not need a doctor/shrink when by choice I have seen two to help me deal with what has been happening.

I do agree I can be negative, its kinda difficult to be positive when during your high positive attitude things keep going wrong though, (easier said than done tbh)

with bells on, I kinda understand where youre coming from, I wasn't sure if he was capable of such things it just seemed like whenever someone upset him (he upsets everyone) something would happen to that person, but yeah I agree looking it from a distant view he hasn't put a curse on as his not capable really like you said. Thanks

Erm .... although I appreciate your feedback actually I'm not putting the blame onto him if you read it properly, I'm saying that he causes a lot of issues with his rude behaviour and because of this the family don't accept him! and after ***** futting around for months allowing him to get away with rude, nasty comments when people have enough and put him straight he flips, so people tell him to stay away and then a lot of **** occurs, I have spoken to a phsycologist about all the problems and when we got to discussing him she stated that she thought he was a sociopath, but obviousely he couldnt directly cause illnesses/bad luck THAT is why i'm here asking about these disturbing events.

As for the other replies and pms, thanks :)

I would like you to consider something different from all the negative energy being bounced back and forth here. When faced with a negative comment by your brother in law or even a negative thought you might have about him or any negative thought or discussion within your family toward him - say I Bless You (his name) instead or even God Bless You.

The is like an anti-negative energy bomb, it brings light into a dark situation and the blessing returns back to the sender (you or whoever in your family is also willing to try this). It releases karmic bonds and dispells ill will which cause disease and other physical manifestations.

Give it a go, your heart will lighten, you will feel more positive about many things (because good makes us feel well and blessing others is a good thing) and he will eventually dissappear from your thoughts and feelings to the point where you will not feel a thing in his presence at all.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 4

Another thing somebody murdered my cat last weekend. Is the person cursed. Yup, I know he is, cause I did it. I'm I paying a price for the negative energy, yes I am, but it is worth it.

Belief in curses makes it possible for people to pose as psychics, gypsies, clairvoyants, and the like who are capable of removing curses for a fee. The removal sometimes involves requiring the client to give money or jewelry to the con artist for a "cleansing ritual." It works like magic. The client is cleaned out and the con artist disappears.

Making money from the gullible has never been a problem.

There is no evidence that anyone has successfully invoked occult powers to do harm to others, but there is evidence that those who believe they have been cursed can be made miserable by exploiting that belief. Fear and the human tendency to conformation bias and selective thinking can sometimes lead the believer to fulfill the curse.

A self fulfilling prophecy. http://en.wikipedia....illing_prophecy

Edited by Hazzard

You brother in law doesn't sound like a nice person but he can't curse you. Only we can curse ourselves by worrying about it and dwelling on it.

People and animals get cancer and other diseases all the time. Cancer kills many people and happens in most families. I think genetics is a bigger factor here than a curse. Also a lot of elderly people die from falls. My mother in law fell and hit her head on a marble top coffee table and had a subdural Hematoma. She lived but she was never the same.

Those dreams are probably a result of the stress you brother in law causes.