Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Holy Grail or Ark of Truth, do they exist?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

I been wondering about the Holy Grail, has anyone ever come close to finding it? What about the Ark of Truth? These are two important relics that are written in the history of time, but none have been found or proof that they exist? Are they mythical objects that were part of the greatest story or are they real thing?

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#2    3.0

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

If you study the Jewish customs for the Passover. The Apostles and Jesus would all have there own cup,  which should complicate the issue sufficently!  The same for the Ark, was the original lost, then replaced with a replica?

#3    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,347 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

But it is a interesting subject. To find the original of both, it would definitely be something invaluable to history. An actual relic that told in Christain, Jewish, and Muslim legends would on a magnitude unlike any archeology discovers that came before. Something that has been searched for over 2000 years...

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#4    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,722 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 10 December 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I been wondering about the Holy Grail, has anyone ever come close to finding it? What about the Ark of Truth? These are two important relics that are written in the history of time, but none have been found or proof that they exist? Are they mythical objects that were part of the greatest story or are they real thing?

As far as I know there has never been any Holy Grail of any kind, whether it be a cup or a person. Legend abounds but there has never been any real proof of its existence. As for the ark of truth, no such thing exists except in Stargate. If on the other hand you are speaking of the Ark of the Covenant, then there is a real possibility that it now resides in Ethiopia.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,018 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Well, if it's true(regarding the Ark of the Covenant and Ethiopia), I wish it would be disclosed to the entire world, allowing responsible inspection.

#6    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,522 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

dont you die if you touch it lol, i bet loads of peeps have found it but have not lived to tell the tale

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#7    draugr

draugr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• It's a secret to everybody.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

If the Holy Grail were more than the invention of medieval romance, I think it would kind of be the coolest thing ever.  But since the legend only really got rolling after the Templars...I'm kind of chalking it up to creative literary minds of the day.  I mean, everyone and his brother wrote a Grail romance.

As for the Ark, I've heard the stories of it being in Ethiopia, in that church.  Arksum, Chapel of the Tablet.  I knew I'd remember it.

And for giggles, found an old article from a year ago about said church:
http://www.dailymail...an-chapel.html

#8    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,347 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Sorry I was thinking about the wrong ark, but thanks for the information guys. I like to keep this topic going about these two artifacts. Maybe sooner or later will discover the actual truth about them. I decided to bring it up because no-one is hardly talking about these two supposely powerful artifacts.

#9    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

The holy Grail is ment to be the cup of Christ, so if you believe in the bible and the last supper then you have to believe that the cup exsists.

As for the ask most people say it is in ethopia, but noone can prove that it is.

There are some great stories surrounding both objects, so great post and i will be following with it with intreast

#10    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,522 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

A team of scientists led by renowned French marine archaeologist Franck Goddio recently announced that they have found a bowl, dating to between the late 2nd century B.C. and the early 1st century A.D., that is engraved with what they believe could be the world's first known reference to Christ.

http://www.msnbc.msn...hrist-magician/

#11    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

• The man who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the man busy doing it.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Nice find :)

#12    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

The Holy Grail is the body of Christ.

It's not a thing, it's a person.

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,018 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostPeter Cox, on 11 December 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Nice find :)

I agree. Enjoyed reading that article.

#14    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostAntilles, on 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

The Holy Grail is the body of Christ.

It's not a thing, it's a person.

Hi there,

I think that you would find that you are mistaken. According to both Christian and Catholic religions the holy grail is a cup or bowl. Refrences below.

http://www.newadvent...then/06719a.htm
http://listverse.com...the-holy-grail/
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Holy_Grail

That is just off a google search. Please have a look OR post why you think its is Jesus and not an object.

#15    Peter Cox

Peter Cox

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

here is a nice artical about the holy grail.

http://science.natio...ogy/holy-grail/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users