Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5 Years

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postand then, on 19 January 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Thank you Henry.  I have only been here 13 months but I understand and agree totally with your statement.  UM IS a wonderful site and it is head and shoulders above every other site I have found on the internet.  The moderators make all the difference!  Every other place was over run with loud, vulgar individuals who argue constantly.  This place is awesome :)  Hope you enjoy many more years!  :tu:

We do argue sometimes on here, or shall we say it's just "heated debates". lol

Never a bad thing to have different opinions though. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#17    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,704 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostCoffey, on 23 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

We do argue sometimes on here, or shall we say it's just "heated debates". lol

Never a bad thing to have different opinions though. :tu:

Not at all. Despite disagreements every one in a while, most members here are good folks. :tu:

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,895 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations Eonwe.  I think most UM members understand that while people may debate "passionately" about what they believe they do not hold it against those with differing views, it is valuable to have one's views challenged and reviewed - you never know when the next breakthrough in understanding is going to arrive, or from whom.  I have learned a great deal in my time here and hope to learn a great deal more.

Edited by libstaK, 24 January 2013 - 12:15 PM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 24 January 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Congratulations Eonwe.  I think most UM members understand that while people may debate "passionately" about what they believe they do not hold it against those with differing views, it is valuable to have one's views challenged and reviewed - you never know when the next breakthrough in understanding is going to arrive, or from whom.  I have learned a great deal in my time here and hope to learn a great deal more.

Me and "And Then" have some pretty heated debates. lol But we still end up liking each others posts a lot in other threads. lol Kinda funny really, but that's life and everyone has their opinions. It's petty to let that stop you from being friendly or getting on the rest of the time.

Edited by Coffey, 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,895 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostCoffey, on 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Me and "And Then" have some pretty heated debates. lol But we still end up liking each others posts a lot in other threads. lol Kinda funny really, but that's life and everyone has their opinions. It's petty to let that stop you from being friendly or getting on the rest of the time.
I heartily agree, if we all thought the same way there would be nothing to say.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#21    Drayno

Drayno

Draynor's Finest

• 3,704 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 24 January 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Thank you, libstaK. I appreciate it.

Humans have the unique opportunity to continue learning throughout their lives.. For this, I appreciate being human.

But as Coffey said, having minor disagreements shouldn't deter being friendly or getting along.

In the end, we're all different souls on the same road to some where.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users