Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why have UFO books vanished into thin air?

Bonecrusher

Why are high street chains like WH Smith and Waterstones not stocking up with UFO books?

And when you think the library will come to your aid the cupboards are bare there too.

There must be a reason for all this apathy and I don't think it's because people have run out of things to say on the subject.

The reason I'm asking because I don't like these epileptic inducing websites full of BS.

I want an honest book wrote by an honest Ufologist not prone to fits of fantasy.

Zechariah Sitchin,Jacques Valee and Erick Von Daniken are not what I've got in mind.

I hope has a last resort I don't have to visit a new age shop or California.

Edited by Walnut Whip
  • Like 1

Buy a kindle or other e-reader. You can download plenty of UFO books at Amazon. If they're available in England the Kindle fire should be only about 100 pounds.

Edited by OverSword

Buy a kindle or other e-reader. You can download plenty of UFO books at Amazon. If they're available in England the Kindle fire should be only about 100 pounds.

I'm actually rather hesitant to buy them if not for the price.

However to increase my rather meagre knowledge I might have to invest.

I'm mostly a fiction reader and these shops provide me with my needs.

So it makes it redundant getting a Kindle in the first place.

It wasn't always this way though...

About 20 years ago or so you couldn't move for UFO books in mainstream shops.

The internet.

When the only source of info on these sorts of things was print, we saw alot of these books.

Now, you can just google.

• Like 1

I was very kindle resistant but mother got me one for Christmas. Before that I had purchased most of my books at a very large used book store where I could find anything I wanted. But now that I've been using the kindle for going on 2 years I absolutely don't regret it. Books tend to be cheaper and take up no space. I have boxes full of old books but have read about 80 books in the last 2 years and they only take up the space of a e-reader.

Paper print is fading out. Like OverSword stated get a kindle. Also if you are still interested in physical books, Amazon is the place to go. The reason your probably not seeing many books on the subject is because its cheaper to buy books online. Most bookstores now, only carry popular books as its not financial feasible to keep non popular books because they take so long to sell.

A simple "UFO" book search on Amazon came up with 9,850 results.

• Like 1

Paper print is fading out. Like OverSword stated get a kindle. Also if you are still interested in physical books, Amazon is the place to go. The reason your probably not seeing many books on the subject is because its cheaper to buy books online. Most bookstores now, only carry popular books as its not financial feasible to keep non popular books because they take so long to sell.

I think thats sad that paper print is fading out

• Like 1

Stand back in amazement! Loads of good UFO literature there.

Some are exclusive to Kindle while there's a few paperbacks throw in for good measure.

I'll have a start with ordering some paperbacks and work my way from there.

However I'm not so sure about that Richard Lawrence one.

Isn't he the official spokesperson for that UFO cult started by a London cabbie with a psychotic episode.

I think my Amazon basket is going to be overladen.

It's true what they say. The Internet is your friend for life.

Edited by Walnut Whip

hey! a good one! I myself have often if not always wondered why certain books will disappear from library shelves! there've been far too many for me to list them and I used to wonder if I were simply imagining such until one day I did ask one of the more friendly of the "BookLadies" what happened to such and such a title...? She said they had it and looked it up...now it was her turn to wonder...she then said: "It say here--" and she stopped speaking altogether, read what was on her com-screen, then said to me: "It's been withdrawn from general circulation; I can't tell you any more, sir..."

and she wouldn't, either.

It's not just UFO books, now--but it is certain ones.

• Like 1

I believe there is a free download at amazon that allows you to read e-books you buy to be read on your computer.

I believe there is a free download at amazon that allows you to read e-books you buy to be read on your computer.

Does that apply to I-Pads?

hey! a good one! I myself have often if not always wondered why certain books will disappear from library shelves! there've been far too many for me to list them and I used to wonder if I were simply imagining such until one day I did ask one of the more friendly of the "BookLadies" what happened to such and such a title...? She said they had it and looked it up...now it was her turn to wonder...she then said: "It say here--" and she stopped speaking altogether, read what was on her com-screen, then said to me: "It's been withdrawn from general circulation; I can't tell you any more, sir..."

they are still at my library...?

I think thats sad that paper print is fading out

it breaks my heart to see this happening. i am a collector of hardcover books.

I wonder why. I've heard its hard to find a copy of Satanic Verses by Salmon Rushdie.

it breaks my heart to see this happening. i am a collector of hardcover books.

It also feels good to actually pic of a book and read it rather than staring at another screeen, Ugh whats this world coming to when books are fading out of existence

• Like 1

It also feels good to actually pic of a book and read it rather than staring at another screeen, Ugh whats this world coming to when books are fading out of existence

I held and read an actual newspaper yesterday. It was weird.

• Like 1

The big book stores don't stock many cos alien shoplifters snap them all up quickly and are too diffucult to catch. Fat Security Guy & Anorexic Store Detective vs Predator = blood, hair and teeth all over the shop floor and it ain't the aliens.

Edit: (According to Big Joe who sells the cheap tobacco)

Edited by Eldorado

They have been abducted, but dont worry the will return sudenly but with missing pages, strange marks and the odd implant. :alien::whistle:

• Like 2

I'm been a busy bee in the last hour or so...

Here's the list of books I've ordered...

The Gods of Eden by Wilfred Bramley

The UFO files: The Inside Story of Real Life Sightings by David Clarke

Ancient Alien Question: A New Enquiry Into the Existence,Evidence and Influence of Alien Visitors by Phillip Coppens

UFO Warminster : Cradle of Contact by Kevin Goodman and Steve Dewey

UFO's Hunters Guide: Sightings,Abductions,Hotspots,Conspiracies,Cover-ups, The Identified and Unindentified and More by Bret Leuder

Darker Side of the Moon: They are Watching Us by Rob Shelsky and George Kempland

UFO's Exoplolitics and the New World Disorder by Ed V Komarek

Ancient Aliens on the Moon by Mike Bara

Sight Unseen by Budd Hopkins

I think I've got all the major blood types there!

Edited by Walnut Whip