Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A PSYCHIC ABILITY

Layla

As a child i was bullied too much by my older brother and everyone at school, i was over weight and with every year i turned older i gained exactly in weight.

My nan and my mum were my closest friends and family, and were the only ones i associated with.

My nan used to tell me stories of the war etc and mainly of the headless horseman, which apparently existed at a camp they were based at.

I used to listen to everything my nan used to say because she was a wise old bird!

At the age of 12 i tried taking my life, obviously without any results, thankgod.

I was near death but i pulled through, and my nan was never told. I started self harming to take away the pain of the bullies, main one being my brother.

Then on one fine day my nanny found out she had cancer, it broke my heart.

I began becoming more interested in after life especially the day my nan died.

I had ran round to my sisters at around noonish on the 4th september 2004, just origionally to see her, but at around 12'45 i told my sister for some un known reason to go see my nan as she had been having a few problems and had not seen her for some time.

She left me there with her children oblivious to how fast my nan was deteriarating.

At approxamatly 1;10pm my whole body become full of anger, hate, sadness, depression , anxiety, fear. Something id never had ever before.

With that it dissapeared as quick as it came. I decided to phone my mum, who was at my nans bedside when i left just to check to make sure my nan was ok.

As my mum answered i asked herhow my nan was?

She replied "sleeping".

I replied"she was sleeping when i left , so shes ok then?"

My mother then slowly and calmly reveals that she will remain sleeping, in not so many blunt words. When i asked her what time she had died and why she had not phoned to tell me, she replied she died 5 minutes ago at 1:10pm. It was the weirdest time. However more instances begain happening a few months later.

My mother and father split up and i became severly depressed and suicidal.

One night after days of bullying i was sat in my room with a knife, listening to a tune which was played at my nans funeral, i had the song on repeat, making me feel more depressed as u do, with that i placed the knife in my wrist with that only the tune which had no reason too , skipped a track.

Coincidence?

Or when i was mourning over my nan i sat there crying in my room alone, when suddenly i felt someone sit on my feet at the end of my bed, i froze as no one had come into my room, as i looked all the creases on my bed began to unfold and my feet were relieved from the tension i had just felt.

FREAKY?

But just to make things even more weirder, at the same time, my brother had been awoken by a bright light at the end of his bed.

Mind you my brother is sceptical so he said it was probably his eyes playing him up as he was tired from working previously that day.

How ever , At 15 i got pregnant, and i was hoping for a girl, to do there hair etc.

at about 4 months, i was given a date to go to the hospital and find out whether i was having a girl or a boy. Now superstitiously i would of been thinking i was having a girl, but my dream i had one night told me different.

I dreamt my nan would of been dieing in five minutes, with that she took hold of my hand and told me i was to be having a boy, with that she died.

I told my mum when i woke the next morning , and she said, "wouldnt it be freaky if you were told you were having a boy now". The following week i went for the scan and funny enough i was told i was having a boy.

Many other things have happened which i do not believe would be coincidence.

I have been to many clairvoyants and psychics and most have told me that i have dreams and things that come true or weird things occur often. When i have replied yes, they sayto me that i will be doing there job in a few years time, because im open minded and i allow my body to be open to the supernatural.

To be honest i love it, and i know that my nan looks over me 100%. This makes me feel good but at times i feel i let her down an awful lot, but she would forgive me. Im sure i would of heard before now if she wouldnt.

Anyways tell me some of your weird stories.

thankyou.

Layla

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reese2

• Loonboy

• moe eubleck

• The Raven

have been to many clairvoyants and psychics and most have told me that i have dreams and things that come true or weird things occur often. When i have replied yes, they sayto me that i will be doing there job in a few years time, because im open minded and i allow my body to be open to the supernatural.

This is a classic, text book (if ever there was one) hook that many of them throw out. It is apparant, that unless dragged to psychics by friends, that anyone who goes, HAS an open mind. People that go to them usual fit the streamline profile of 'feeling as though they are different' in some way. I wouldn't get your panties wound up too tight about it. Things like that are said to lots of people, to further stroke their egos and keep up their grand illusion of feeling 'special'.

Besides, if they had said to you, "You do not possess a gift and your open mind leads to nothing but misfortune to come your way." You wouldn't have left very happy, would you? They are in the people business. They have to have return customers just like every other business, so they want you to leave feeling very happy..

Unless you knew I was going to type all this, in that case, what am I going to type next??? wink2.gifblink.gifhuh.gif

Reese whistling2.giftongue.gif

Unless you knew I was going to type all this, in that case, what am I going to type next???

God, I hate it when people do that! Why do people think that, just because someone may have had a few psychic experiences, it means they can automatically read your mind? Does that really discredit anyone, unless they were defining their psychic talent as reading peoples' minds on demand?

. . . .not an angry post. . . . Just frustrated with common human responces. . . .

you are one sad kid, but if believing that you have a psychic ability makes you more happier and not suicidal than by all means, believe what you want thumbsup.gif

well i'd just totally like to say i believe you!!!!!! i have had phycic experiances and i am one myself!!!!! i have predicted alot of things including my pets animal dying which oviously came tru a few days later!

hi everyone !! wink2.gif i would like to say that i believe layla too because anyone could have experiences like that . it is all the truth and it is fair enough if you don't believe it because everyone deserves their own opinions, but just because layla has a different one it doesn't mean everyone has to have a go at her !! disgust.gif what has she done apart from tell the truth ? ph34r.gif

i didn't say i don't believe in it. I said 'believe in what makes you happy'

Guest Lottie

I find it very interesting that there seems to be a trend in most of stories I have read from people suddenly become 'psychically aware' during a crisis in their lives and more so if they have suffered depression and have low self esteem.

For me this maybe happens because of the desperation to feel some kind of connection with someone, anyone and the need to feel comforted and safe, that many of these people say the spirit realms bring. Could it not be that people such as this need some kind of acclaim, recognition, power, that these Mediums get.

Without being disrespectful to anyone it kind of reminds me of when children play in their little fantasy worlds and have pretend friends etc.

Oh yes and I do believe Layla had these experiences but not due to 'spiritual activity' but more to do with the brain and physical responses.

Edited by Lottie

I believe that Lottie more than covered my opinion on this. thumbsup.gif I'd just like to add that it seems like you should never, ever trust a medium or clairvoyant you have to pay to see. It seems like they almost always turn out to self-deluded at best and complete charlatans at worst..

Guest Lottie

I agree sweety, by the way your avatar is looking cool! original.gif I think it is far too easy to 'read' people who go to Mediums etc anyway. There seems to be a familiarity with these people. Not that I am being critical of people who do go to mediums.

Its also very very easy for mediums to 'read' people, all you need is to watch body language, expressions and subtly ask people questions to give that person the information that they want. Also for the person having the reading it is very easy to manipulte one's own mind into believing what the medium is saying, especially if you are in a position where you are needing that type of comfort.

As Falco said I would be very careful, there are many charlatans around who pray on the weak and vulnerable.

I'm sorry, but this story sounds like bull****. People should not post FAKE stories and try to take credit from them, making them sound powerful and much more than what they really are. If I wanted too, I could post a topic about being a vampire slayer and I would get the same response. Im not a vampire slayer, I just posted a dumb and fake story about being one. Don't believe everything you are told, and surely don't believe that your insignifigant 'gift' will grant you fame out fortune, it was just a little greedy person out there looking for your money and telling you that you are gifted. Sure I believe everyone has talents, but you have to take things into consideration before you make prejudice judgements about YOURSELF. I guess if unreal things make you feel good, than be my guest and believe all the crap you want, it's your life, just don't try and trick people. wacko.gif

whistling2.gif

Edited by The Raven

Guest Lottie

Raven

I don't think she was trying to trick people. From my perspective maybe mislead but so are many people.

Exactly Lottie, it is a sad state of affairs that people can be so easily seduced into believing what they are told, without examining motives first.

If there are actual cases of people that can see 'things' on any level, that others' cannot, they would not set themselves up to be some money making machine. (Or for lack of a better term, side show freaks) If there are actual cases, chances are, the person with these 'gifts' would be withdrawn from society, and others'. Not interested in making money from something that ultimately plagues them and their 'normal' existence.

Reese

The Raven. Obviously, somehow, you were told one too many lies during your years, which makes you feel that everything being told to you even the ones highly illogical are false.

Watch Mystic River, it'll change your mind about somethings.

This movie, isn't much about the supernatural. It'll only point out that the least likeliest person at fault is somehow usually the person at fault. That also goes for any event, and the least possible event to happen usually has happen.

Anyways, be a little open-minded.

----------------

Layla, I was listening to "Coast to Coast" on the AM Radio Stations and I overheard a conversation about how people acquire psychic occurences. The person said that (mind you, he was a scientist) the magnetic interference (not sure what word he used) must be at it's most stable state in order for one to properly gain psychic abilities.

It's possible that in all of these you somehow were able to acheive the psychic gifts, even when the magnetic interference are not at it's most stable states.

Guest Lottie

If there are actual cases, chances are, the person with these 'gifts' would be withdrawn from society, and others'.  Not interested in making money from something that ultimately plagues them and their 'normal' existence.

Exactly Reese. I have met one person who fits this description. Never flaunts it, hardly ever talks about it and only the people closest to him know about it. I know him personally and have no reason to not believe him but being a logical type of person I do question it. I think its essential people question these things rather than just believing.

I believe it. My cousin that has had the exact same experience, the teasing, her brothers hard on her only that she dosn't have a baby and shes 11. Her grandma just died recently and she claims she sees her and feels her all the time, dreams to. I myself have seen a white light at her house, it was more of a dot with a strong sparkle like if you look at the sun, but without the hurt in your eyes. What if its not fake or is some kind of physical mind thing, its still mysterious.

You believe it?? Well, how very profound of you!

You would be wise to believe in that which you understand, and things which you study. Blindly believing is a fools work..

Have you ever thought that the white spot you see was from a blood rush to your brain, or from some other mundane bodily function??

Ugh.............. As the idiocy spreads................... ohmy.gif

Reese

Edited by reese2

unfortunately reese, all you're gonna find on this site, so i have seen, is just that.

people posting pictures of ghosts because it simply CAN'T be anything else. someones mug falling from a coffee table HAD to be moved by telekenises, cause what else could it possibly be!?

christ.

Yes, Burnside, I agree. Hasn't changed for years now..rolleyes.gif Edit; lets not be so harsh, a bit more tact please, Teresa.

Edited by Magikman

I'm not going to get into specifics here, but I believe in questioning everything and forming one's own opinions. This I have done in my own experience and my beliefs stem from what I perceive and what I understand and how I feel about it.

If someone has an experience and then questions it logically and intelligently, then they are moving in the direction of the truth of the matter, the bare bones. What opinions they form at that point are their own and they are entitled to them.

To the members who replied to this topic, by all means post your own feelings on the matter in hand - it's a discussion forum after all - but let's not be horrible to someone who has taken the time and trouble to share an experience with the members here.

If you don't believe it, say so, but let's leave out the insults and swearing. thumbsup.gif Unless they're funny. In which case, go right ahead... grin2.gif

Yes, Burnside, I agree. Hasn't changed for years now..rolleyes.gif Edit; lets not be so harsh, a bit more tact please, Teresa.

Rick- I was being tactful... I hardly think that what I wrote was so horribly 'harsh'... In fact, I am sure that I have written 'harsher'... (You know that) rolleyes.gifwub.gif

Loonboy- I agree with you. Also, I agree with Lottie, as I said earlier. I would also like to add that I have met a couple of people that have left me scratching my head. These few people should be seriously looked at and into for their 'gifts'. Sadly, they wouldn't want that kind of attention. As I said earlier, they look at their 'gifts' as shortcomings...

Reese

Moe too has had many psychic experiences.

Our last vision involved two wolves mating in a green field. Suddenly, the male wolf yellped in suprise as a single lightning bolt shot from the heavens and struck his wolfly hide. The force of the bolt was such , that it carried him far over the back of his mate. The wolf was dead before it hit the grass.

Then Moe envisioned a loon landing near the wolf carcass. It cackled at the wolf's misfortune. Then did the loon kick a cloud of dust onto him, snorted , then flew away.

And then I saw Loonboy's avatar............... blink.gifhuh.gif

* music from twilight zone*

wink2.gif

I'd check your prescription, Moe, that's a sheep Mr FOX is leapfrogging over..... tongue.gif

Edited by Loonboy