Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Tomb Too Deadly to Explore

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

What wusses, I've been waiting for this tomb to be opened forever! Stick on some hazmat suits, use scanning technology and simple cautiousness going through in case of traps and salvage that sucker. Hell, I'll go in. A suit should keep everyone safe from the mercury, and it needs to be drained anyway since its getting into the water.

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,926 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Someone else said that it might cost billions to explore and retrieve objects from this tomb. After which, you have some invaluable artifacts that would have to remain in the hands of the State. In otherwords, you now how have 'priceless' objects that you'll also be forever indebted to maintain.

The State however, being Communist, is slow to move. Considering the cost of the retreival and the future maintenance costs of the artifacts that glorify a non-communist past, coupled with the modern problems that China faces...

I don't think that it'll happen anytime soon. :) Perhaps in our lifetime.

#18    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 30 January 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Someone else said that it might cost billions to explore and retrieve objects from this tomb. After which, you have some invaluable artifacts that would have to remain in the hands of the State. In otherwords, you now how have 'priceless' objects that you'll also be forever indebted to maintain.

The State however, being Communist, is slow to move. Considering the cost of the retreival and the future maintenance costs of the artifacts that glorify a non-communist past, coupled with the modern problems that China faces...

I don't think that it'll happen anytime soon. :) Perhaps in our lifetime.

Yeah, and I heard the big problem was that we didn't have the technology to open it w/o damage. I understand if another 10 years is needed for technology to catch up and money to be raised for the opening. They could get the money- lots of people want to see this tomb opened. Causes for much stupider things have raised millions.

Still, if this isn't opened in my lifetime I'm gon flip
Waiting 100 years or, as some people suggest, FOREVER is awful and dumb and stupid.
My goal in life is to go see the beautiful museum that encompasses the opened tomb, showing artifacts and taking you on a tour to see inside. I guess I just need to live as long as possible. I'm only 19, so even if I die at 70 they have 51 years to move their butts.

Ok, I have to live to 100. Surely it will be open in 81 years!

#19    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,926 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostErowin, on 30 January 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Ok, I have to live to 100. Surely it will be open in 81 years!

Okay. Maybe within your lifetime, probably not within mine.

"Good things come to those who wait." :)

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I thought China had enough poor to march them into the sea forever and they would never run out? So, march a couple into the Tomb... :innocent:

Seriously, I hope they are able to get in and record everything. The description of what it is Supposed to look like is Amazing.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostHasina, on 30 December 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

I do the same thing with the candy bowl on my desk at work. I believe that they'd bend the truth to protect the treasures, but I wouldn't want to risk someone's life to find out, if someone volunteers, go for it.

let's see..  possible mercury poisoning /  Wrath of Hasina ..   ya, i'd go with the tomb entry.    
It would be great to 'see'  what's in there though.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#22    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,287 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postlightly, on 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

let's see..  possible mercury poisoning /  Wrath of Hasina ..   ya, i'd go with the tomb entry.
It would be great to 'see'  what's in there though.

Agreed.

You first, lightly. :w00t:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#23    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Wasn't there a legend or curse that said if you disturbed the tomb, the First sovereign emperor would awaken and conquer the world or something to that effect?

If you recall, Chin was not a very nice guy...he terrified the people and was a brutal sovereign.  There were those so afraid of his possible "return" they chose to leave his tomb in peace...just in case.

I read that years ago...long before the poorly made movie "Mummy part 3 - tomb of the dragon emperor" or whatever nonsense that was....

Edited by Jeremiah65, 31 January 2013 - 03:23 AM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#24    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

I wanna have traps in my tomb.  How cool would that be?

The planet is so overpopulated now that they just excavate and re-dig new graves over old ones.

But just WAIT 'til they get to mine!

They'd better hope they're union!

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users