Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4951    gunnermydog

gunnermydog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have accidentally done this two months ago: After helping my parents with a lot of yard work, i went downstairs and felll asleep on the couch. In my dream I went upstairs into the kitchen and my sister was eating a bowl of cereal. Later i woke up from whatever i was doing in the dream (I can't remember everything) and I went upstairs to see my sister eating a bowl of cereal. The my dad comes out of his room and says, "Really, you're eating another bowl of cereal. You just had one an hour ago." I got sort of freaked out because i saw her eating in my dream some hour ago. There was also another experience in an early time, but i forgot. Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

#4952    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

View Postgunnermydog, on 28 March 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.

#4953    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,562 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostAshiene, on 03 February 2006 - 12:37 AM, said:

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:
1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.
2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.
3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.
Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Edited by Ashiene, 29 March 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

#4954    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,844 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 29 March 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.
Alcohol prevents it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4955    gunnermydog

gunnermydog

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

#4956    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

View Postgunnermydog, on 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

No you dont have to belong to any single religion in order to practice AP.

Edited by stevemagegod, 02 April 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#4957    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,844 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postgunnermydog, on 01 April 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

No but if you are Christian or Muslim, you may want to check with your spiritual leader first. I thinks it's pretty much forbidden or frowned upon.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4958    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

Has anyone here ever experienced Exploding Head Syndrome before?

Edited by stevemagegod, 05 April 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#4959    sleepwalkerindreamerscloth

sleepwalkerindreamerscloth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

I'm very excited to try your method. I've tried others (they usually involve focusing on a point on the ceiling or imagining a rope attaching down from the ceiling and pulling yourself out) and they haven't really worked. I get very... tingly (?) but I feel like I can't calm my mind enough. I'm always very aware of what's happening. How active should your mind/thoughts be when trying this because I feel like it's my constant thinking that keeps me grounded but it's not like you can turn that off. I can lucid dream but not so much lately. My lucid dreaming first started when I was young about eight and I had this horrible nightmare and one night I woke myself up and made myself go back to sleep and change the dream little by little and do this constantly until the dream became something good. I used to also have a lot of dreams where I was in my house exactly as it was at that moment and i would be moving around it doing nothing special but i would get weird frights like something was after me and my movements would get like... like i was moving through molasses but i was afraid. Since then I've been able to control what I dream about and what goes on within the dream while I'm dreaming and of course I'm usually aware that I am dreaming. I also get dejavu very frequently and often very intensely. This happens a lot especially with places. It's a bit different than usual dejavu in that sometimes I can have a dream (a regular nonsensical dream) that takes place in a location I have never seen or been to or heard of before and then suddenly in life I'll be going somewhere in life and I'll see that place I dreamed about and I'll be so shocked that it's real because holy cow I thought that place was just made up in my head!! All this amongst other things, I just wanted to give a few examples about how I feel like I'm close to something but I can't quite seem to reach it.

Edited by sleepwalkerindreamerscloth, 19 April 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#4960    jessyomarax

jessyomarax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

I've heard of astro traveling before but I never thought that I would be able to do it or if it was true. Anyway I woke up early this morning to my alarm but dozed back off as I was tired as I stayed up late last night. Then all I remember was waking up on my back and looking at the ceiling. Next I went really light headed as if I was sinking and my vision went blurry. As I looked up at the ceiling I felt like the light  getting darker and darker. Then all I remember was like a loud noise in my ear like roaring of traffic and extremely bad vibrations. As I have never experienced anything like this before I was totally freaking out and tried to move my hands and legs but couldn't as I felt paralysed. I completely panicked and managed to move my hands better and the noise and vibration completely went and I sat up shaking. I quickly grabbed my phone and typed in what had happened on Google and astro travel came up.  I'm a bit shocked but intrigued as I've been reading up stories all day and people are saying you can travel wherever you want and you can see past on loved ones! If this is not the first steps to astro traveling could someone please let me no and also if I could learn to control this so I could learn to astro travel.

#4961    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,844 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0

Bruce Lee-

#4962    AsG1989

AsG1989

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I cant ever seem to get out of the body. Or im starting to seperate and just cant. The vibrational stage is easy for me to get to, I just dont know what to expect after that. I dont know if ill suddenly find myself somewhere else, or if it looks just like im getting up in my physical body but im really not?

#4963    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...
Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)

#4964    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,844 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postutpat.fuzzy, on 28 May 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...
Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)
You should go to this thread and start from the beginning.

http://www.unexplain...pic=219629&st=0

To answer this question.... Yes I believe so. If the person is sensitive they might be conscious of something. If not then their astral body/spirit/subconscious will be aware of your communication, but generally while someone is awake, they will be very irritated. Their Subconscious is working very hard keeping the person alert. It does not like to be bothered. 9 times out of 10 their spirit will snap at you. It's like interfeating with a 12 yearold while playing a video game.

No your actual age does not matter at all, but certain things about young people may not help but that really depends on the person.

Bruce Lee-

#4965    utpat.fuzzy

utpat.fuzzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself?  After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it??  But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users