Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Student, 19, Addicted to ketchup

Still Waters

Melissa Ibbitson is ketchup’s number one fan - because she eats her own body weight in tomato sauce every year.

The 19-year-old has the red stuff with almost every meal and gets through a staggering three bottles a week.

http://uk.news.yahoo...70.html#NxN5zH0

• Like 1

Sounds like a serious mental illness. Someone should condiment her to an asylum as soon as possible.

• Like 3

The photos of this artificial, plastic smile while purposely showing off (advertising) the brand of ketchup made me nauseous.

I am surprised her parents allowed this behavior to continue throughout her childhood HOWEVER I am seriously questioning the legitimacy of this article. Why would anyone even think that this is anything newsworthy? Why do I need to know about some silly girl who is "addicted" to ketchup and why do I need to see photos of her advertising Heinz ketchup (look at the photos, it is clearly an advert).

• Like 2

Sounds like my sister. I often comment "Would you like some bolony with your Ketchup?".

• Like 2

I knew this girl who used to eat 1/2 hotdog, 1/2 ketchup. With that stuff a little goes a long way. I guess for some it doesn't go far enough

• Like 1

I'm more of a mustard kinda gal. My son drenches everything in BBQ sauce.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the girl who ate nothing but Ramen Noodles.....

http://www.naturalne...ture_aging.html

i saw a show where the woman appreantly ate nothing but cheesy potatoes, and another where the guy ate nothing but canned spaghetti since he was a kid.

then there was the one where the woman was addicted to tartar sauce. she even ate it on cupcakes

i think a lot of this is either fabricated entirely or at the very least blown out of proportion. no one can exist on only cheesy potatoes or canned spaghetti their entire lives.

• Like 2

If I had to drink ketchup out of a wine glass, I spew my guts out. That was really gross and that chick looks older than 19.

• Like 2

Sure, its starts off with ketchup, then eventually some of her friends get her to try tobbasco, eventually thats not enough.

BY the end? she'll be turning tricks for cups of horse radish and pickle relish

• Like 2

Yuck! Dx If I had that much I would be sick of it for life!

• 5 months later...

Had to read this-though i may have known her. Back in 1977 I baby sat a 4 year old girl until 1980.

She grossed me out. Instead of milk with cold ceral she used ketchup. Instead of chocolat or caramel on ice cream she used ketchup. Everything had TONS of ketchup on it.

I stopped sitting as i just couldnt stand watching anymore.

My child was not allowed to be introduced to or to meet ketchup until just before kindergarden school started because of the girl i sat.

• Like 1

Good grief, why not learn to make your own if ya love tomato sauce that much? Beats free advertising for a corporation. :whistle: