Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Demons

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

#91    Archangel Oger

Archangel Oger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

• "Researching the "God" particle...Yes, I have it"

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:45 AM

View PostGS1981, on 29 June 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

What do demons look like?

Here, watch this....It will give you an idea...

#92    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostLumpino, on 17 July 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

Demons? I dont like pseudochristians "demonology".  I think, that old pagan texts, or eastern texts are much better.
Demos are supernatural beings like others, some bad, some nice.
Good pagan book about, if only theoretic is here.
http://www.esoterica...le/iambl_th.htm
And eastern......?
http://upload.wikime...ruddha_Usha.jpg
Prince Annirudha and demon princess Usha. :-*

For any contact with spiritual beings, meditation is sufficient.

As a Hindu, I think I might note that you appear to misunderstand Aniruddha and Usha. They certainly weren't "spiritual" or "supernatural". I just thought I'd note.

Edited by Arbitran, 17 July 2012 - 05:57 AM.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#93    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostGS1981, on 29 June 2011 - 11:23 AM, said:

What do demons look like?

My ex mother in law..

#94    Lumpino

Lumpino

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostArbitran, on 17 July 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

As a Hindu, I think I might note that you appear to misunderstand Aniruddha and Usha. They certainly weren't "spiritual" or "supernatural". I just thought I'd note.
I do not belong to any religion. But I have done experiments according to ancient magical and mystical texts. :yes:

#95    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostLumpino, on 17 July 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

I do not belong to any religion. But I have done experiments according to ancient magical and mystical texts. :yes:

I see. I was merely noting my perspective, given you mentioned a Hindu topic.

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#96    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Demons,as previously stated,are merely spirits,with base intentions.
They exist,just as alleged gods exist. It's all in those books revered by the faithful .Bible,Koran,Talmud.
If you've ever experinced one,you generally could care less if anyone believes you .You KNOW they're out there.Proving it to some naysayer is irrelevant.

What they look like varies.The Goertia give detailed visuals,but that's only if you are actually a magician ,and summon them.
Those are summoning forms.

I've seen some nasty demons,and the Goertia demons are beauty pageant contestants,comparatively speaking.
And they lie ,a lot.Not always,but a lot.So no,they cannot be trusted.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 19 July 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Miss me?

#97    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 19 July 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Demons,as previously stated,are merely spirits,with base intentions.
They exist,just as alleged gods exist. It's all in those books revered by the faithful .Bible,Koran,Talmud.
If you've ever experinced one,you generally could care less if anyone believes you .You KNOW they're out there.Proving it to some naysayer is irrelevant.

What they look like varies.The Goertia give detailed visuals,but that's only if you are actually a magician ,and summon them.
Those are summoning forms.

I've seen some nasty demons,and the Goertia demons are beauty pageant contestants,comparatively speaking.
And they lie ,a lot.Not always,but a lot.So no,they cannot be trusted.

bull**** ALERT!!!

#98    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostFinguz, on 29 June 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Nobody knows because nobody has ever seen one, because they only exist in tall tales and other assorted works of fiction.

LMAO epic.

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#99    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostArbitran, on 21 July 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

bull**** ALERT!!!
Reason number 276 ,why to not bother answering these questions,which sucks for the OP.
I've never seen a goertia demon,to my knowledge,but if you had gone and actually read any of their summoning forms,you would know why i said what i did.
And I HAVE seen "demons",more than once .
Just because you can't see them,doesn't mean other people are as boring.
And I've used goertia demons in my rituals. I'm particularly fond of Lerajie ,and one of my cats was named for Astaroth ,but I've been versed in goertia demons for over 20 years .

Miss me?

#100    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 July 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Reason number 276 ,why to not bother answering these questions,which sucks for the OP.
I've never seen a goertia demon,to my knowledge,but if you had gone and actually read any of their summoning forms,you would know why i said what i did.
And I've used goertia demons in my rituals. I'm particularly fond of Lerajie ,and one of my cats was named for Astaroth ,but I've been versed in goertia demons for over 20 years .

So in your previous post you mention that "goertia" demons are beauty pageant contestants compared to other demons, but here in this post you state that you've never actually seen one.  Which is it?

I think that what sucks for the OP is that when they asked a question regarding demons, they get a bunch of gobbledygook like the quote above that has no relationship with reality.  Demons are fake.  there is no evidence of them.  People can name them, pretend to summon them, use them in rituals, say that they make people behave badly in this way or that, but every possible claim can be explained by a real-world phenomenon, or as out and out storytelling to get attention on sites like this.

#101    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

The word 'Daimon' means knowledge. Not sure if thats Greek or not. But thats where the word demon comes from.

ABSOLUTION

#102    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostIMN, on 23 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

The word 'Daimon' means knowledge. Not sure if thats Greek or not. But thats where the word demon comes from.

Thank you!  you've provided actual information about demons.  Or at least the word "demon".

#103    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,784 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't know, but I think a lot of people saw a demon at that Colorado theater massacre.

#104    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 23 July 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Interesting. I still say it's bull****. Please prove that I'm wrong. If you really believe what you're saying, then there should be no problem demonstrating it to me.

#105    Arbitran

Arbitran

• 2,767 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostIMN, on 23 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Actually, the Greek δαίμων (daimon) literally translates as "god, goddess, divinity, djinn". The Latin form is daemon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users