Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who owns a Kindle Fire?

Myles

I got mine last November. I use it almost every day.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Myles

• OverSword

• S2F

• Rafterman

Top Posters In This Topic

I've considered one but haven't really researched it. Is battery life an issue? What about reading in brightly lighted places? How much do books cost and are most new books available in this format? Are the different readers proprietary? If you buy a book and load it on a Kindle Fire and later decide you prefer another brand can you load the book onto it as well? Apple ITunes makes me crazy the hoops you have to jump through to use their music on a regular mp3 player....grrrrrr. Sorry i can't discuss but I AM full of questions :)

I prefer reading from a physical book, myself.

I bought my Mom one for Christmas. She loves it. She wishes there were more available apps for it, but thats been her only gripe at this point.

To be honest, if you are wanting it only for reading books, it is not great. The regular Kindles are better for that. I've read a few books on it. It's not good in bright sunlight. Mine is usually on the coffee table where my family can use it to check e-mail, check a website, play a game or watch a video. There is a free app every day (an app that usually costs $1-$3). It is an android device, so there are alot of apps.

They are not available in the UK as of yet. But I have a normal Kindle. Plus my Galaxy Note phone does the same as a Fire, so probably wouldn't get one anyway, lol.

I have both a 3G kindle and a fire. The battery life on the fire is about 8 hours. Tough to read in direct sunlight but not in brightly lit room. Excelent for reading at night, just turn the background black and the font white. Also good size to watch downloaded videos on a plane or the bus. At $200.00, they are a great deal.

I have both a 3G kindle and a fire. The battery life on the fire is about 8 hours. Tough to read in direct sunlight but not in brightly lit room. Excelent for reading at night, just turn the background black and the font white. Also good size to watch downloaded videos on a plane or the bus. At $200.00, they are a great deal.

I agree with all you said.

An SD slot would be great, but they wanted to keep the price down.

I purchased one for my daughter and she's always using it. Sometimes I have to snap my fingers at her to get her attention. :lol:

For $200 it's a fair priced gadget that performs well and has multiple uses. So far I've heard no complaints about it from my daughter.

I purchased one for my daughter and she's always using it. Sometimes I have to snap my fingers at her to get her attention. :lol:

For $200 it's a fair priced gadget that performs well and has multiple uses. So far I've heard no complaints about it from my daughter.

17,000 reviews and a 4 out of 5 stars rating.

I've thought about getting one, but every time I talk to a sales person about them, they always tell me to spend a couple hundred more for an IPad because "it's really what I want" - granted they're trying to sell Ipads and upgrade folks, I get that.

I travel a good deal and find that carrying a book is just a pain. Plus the other functionality would be nice too.

I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on tech because I know something better is just a couple months away.

I've thought about getting one, but every time I talk to a sales person about them, they always tell me to spend a couple hundred more for an IPad because "it's really what I want" - granted they're trying to sell Ipads and upgrade folks, I get that.

I travel a good deal and find that carrying a book is just a pain. Plus the other functionality would be nice too.

I just have a hard time pulling the trigger on tech because I know something better is just a couple months away.

Ipads are much better, but you pay for it.

I have an Ipad and the Fire screen is just too small for me. Plus I have trouble reading for long periods of time on the iPad. I'm looking to buy an e-ink reader as it's easier on the eyes. Maybe the nook.