Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Sphinx and GP dates from 10 500 BC?

• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#1186    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Would everyone please stop saying rubbish...

Is there a recently promoted Moderator in the house?   Tell them to stop saying rubbish...

Edited by Alcibiades9, 16 November 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#1187    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,198 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 16 November 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

How long have you been 'round here?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#1188    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

How long have you been 'round here?

If they don't stop saying rubbish I think I shall scream.   Honestly...

#1189    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,198 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 16 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

only too good we don't have any audio on this site :devil:

Edited by questionmark, 16 November 2012 - 09:39 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#1190    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

only too good we don't have any audio on this site :devil:

Quite.  Or you'd be uploading your Nana Mouskouri and Demis Roussos tracks to it.  Which is actually not as bad as it sounds, if it drowns out the noise of grown men shouting "rubbish" at each other... :innocent:

#1191    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Some nonsense I made. Just for some light entertainment in this sea of nonsense :rolleyes: Posted Image

#1192    Alcibiades9

Alcibiades9

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 16 November 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

Some nonsense I made. Just for some light entertainment in this sea of nonsense :rolleyes: Posted Image

You forgot to add the little bodies wrapped in bandages in them!

Edited by Alcibiades9, 16 November 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#1193    samspade

samspade

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

View Postcladking, on 16 November 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

There is no proof they were tombs.  Much more importantly than this lack of proof is the simple
fact that not even one shred of direct evidence exists that they were tombs.  

You use the term tomb, but lets be clear a cenotaph is a tomb which has no body remains of that person within it.

Therefore there would be no proof in the form of remains within it if it was a cenotaph, other than a chance of remains placed elsewhere outside the cenotaph tomb..

later they used the term tomb of osiris, which basically in my view can be thought as a cenotaph as well if the pyramids were intended to be something like it.

Evidence may exist, and if they were as good as me in problem solving, they would know where to look and why.

Edited by samspade, 16 November 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#1194    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,053 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I've told everyone what the problem is a hundred times but people reject it.  They want to believe
their own little pet theories rather than seek the truth.  You'll believe that it's the alts with their silly
ideas about seed vaults and aliens who are the worst but it is not.  It is mostly the skeptics and what
they believe who continually get frustrated and want to stifle or withdraw from argument.

We all face the exact same problem and that is there is a serious paucity of evidence.  We all want
to arrange it to suit our own needs and beliefs rather than to discuss it.  To a large extent this is
quite understandable because the evidence for many of the theories is exceedingly limited and no
one wants to stop after barely scratching the surface.  What everyone really needs to do is almost
impossible because what we need to do is drop the assumptions and discuss only evidence.  This
would leave a fairly brief discussion.

What I'd like to do is discuss the one thing we do have which is the PT but this can't work either be-
cause everyone else believes it's religious magico-incantation and gobblety gook.  Most people be-
lieve it's only good for looking into the superstitions and religious beliefs of the builders but their ot-
her beliefs are absent from it or hidden in the words.

We can't work together because we lack the tools and supplies to build more than a mousetrap.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#1195    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,740 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 16 November 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Shrubbery!!!  :w00t:   Well, you did stay 'stop saying rubbish'.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#1196    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostAlcibiades9, on 16 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

You forgot to add the little bodies wrapped in bandages in them!
They walked out on strike after hearing so much "rubbishery". It nearly 2.30, time to be re-wrapped and put in my coffin for the night.....

#1197    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,053 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postsamspade, on 16 November 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

You use the term tomb, but lets be clear a cenotaph is a tomb which has no body remains of that person within it.

Therefore there would be no proof in the form of remains within it if it was a cenotaph, other than a chance of remains placed elsewhere outside the cenotaph tomb..

later they used the term tomb of osiris, which basically in my view can be thought as a cenotaph as well if the pyramids were intended to be something like it.

Evidence may exist, and if they were as good as me in problem solving, they would know where to look and why.

I don't disagree and we should employ an expansive definition of the word "tomb" just
so it can include contingencies which are outside modern perspectives.

But we do need to stay logical because it's almost a foregone conclusion that the build-
ers were logical.  Or to state this more accurately that the builders were logical is the only
assumption that I've personally made.  The fact is illogic is incapable of building anything
at all so it seems most improbable that the greatest thing on the planet is rooted in illogic.
I know that such an assumption might have led me far astray if these people were really
stinky footed bumpkins or if their motivation was strictly religion, or magic, or superstition.
Obviously religious, superstitious, and people who believed in magic have created great
things before so my assumption could be in error.

But this gets us to your contention that a god who was born dead would need a tomb.  My
head is asea trying to wrap itself around such a concept.  It's impossible for me to believe
that the builders of the Great Pyramid could have done this even if they actually had built
a tomb for a dead king who lived forever.  This is tough enough but a god born dead who
lived forever certainly would never get a tomb even if they believed he died and there's no
evidence they believed that Osiris died unless you count his birth and his two deaths (from
later times) at the hand (eye of Horus) of Set.  The mind boggles at the illogic.

When a much simpler explanation exists, why won't people consider the possibility the sim-
pler explanation is the correct one?  We seem to be wed to the concept that ancient people
were superstitious and illogical so we try to make such beliefs seem normal or quaint.

The builders said four fiery red  jugs of Osiris' efflux were buried at Rasteau.  We apparently
know the location of Osiris' tomb.  To me the path is clear and it's past time to yack and high
time to gather a few facts.

Sure the pyramids could be tombs but we still have no direct evidence and despite protesta-
tions to the contrary the many claims that the pyramids were not tombs is direct evidence that
they were not tombs.  It may not constitute very high quality evidence in some people's minds
since they believe it's gobblety gook but it's still direct evidence and its coherence and consis-
tency makes it very high quality evidence to my mind.  Indeed, coupled with all the other evid-
ence it seems significantly more likely they were tombs in no way, shape, or fashion than that
they were somehow markers for the death of the kings.  I believe they were markers for the life
of the king because I believe this is what the builders clearly stated.  Nobody in all of ancient
Egypt believed these were tombs.  The PTT is simply not representative of the reality.

Of course I could be wrong and the more expansively "tomb" is defined the more likely I am to
be wrong.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#1198    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

couldn't sleep with thoughts buzzing in head. perhaps somebody with better language and more wit can easily alter the speach bubbles.....Posted Image

#1199    samspade

samspade

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View Postcladking, on 16 November 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

I don't disagree and we should employ an expansive definition of the word "tomb" just
so it can include contingencies which are outside modern perspectives.

i just go by the definition and terms used, clearly they are english words to which have a speciic meaning.
as in cenotaph meaning a tomb where there are no physcial remains of that person at the tomb.

as for tomb of osiris, it is also been called shrine of osiris as in the myths of isis.

if you wish to give a expansive definition or a different one please do so and explain why,

View Postcladking, on 16 November 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

But this gets us to your contention that a god who was born dead would need a tomb.

i did not said that,  perhaps you are confuse with some one elses post .

anyhow regardless of it being a tomb for the pharoh or a cenotaph tomb with a egyptian god in mind,
i believe it to be symbolic relating to what eqyptians believe to be a god and they followed the old  " as  above, so below" concept.

regards

Edited by samspade, 17 November 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#1200    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,011 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Is there a recently promoted Moderator in the house?   Tell them to stop saying rubbish...

Okay.

Everyone: Stop saying "rubbish."

I'm not being serious, I'm must unfortunately admit, Alcibiades9. People could be saying much worse things.

Now, if people start saying "shrubbery" I am going to get medieval on all of you, and that ain't no rubbish. :devil:

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users