Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Qur'aan Cosmological Model

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#46    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostCybele, on 13 November 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

This becomes particularly true when dealing with Semitic languages, where one word can have multiple meanings, depending on the context.

That's richness of Semitic languages and their depth. Just because you don't understand that depth, it's implications and impact, does mean it's a weakness. It's weakness in those who don't comprehend that such languages are far superior to English!

You see even if one word can have many meanings like the words in the Quran are Arabic and have many meanings. What separates it and is an amazing fact is that where words have more than one meaning, all meanings are relevant to it and it's context, implications, structure, placement, positioning, are spot on, that goes for every word in the Quran used and placed. It's perfection, beyond human capacity!

#47    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

The QCM is what you science folk call the big crunch model or theory.

Based on the BC theory, the universe began with the bigbang, it continues to expand, infect it's expanding faster and faster, that it will reach a point of limitation and collapse back on itself, pretty much like a scroll opening then rolling back on itself! An extension to theory which goes into quantum realms is the big bounce, followed by crunch the universe reverts to a singularity and then something would cause it to expand again and a new universe begins! these theories don't go into what causes the expansion, where did the first singularity come from etc etc these theories are based on empirical scientific data which can be interpreted to create such models of the universe.

The QCM states the universe was once united as a singularity, which was cleft asunder and made to expand (bigbang), it's early stages was dense cosmic smoke from which matter such as stars etc formed, it continues to expand, until it reaches it's limit, it will then collapse back on itself to it's original state (singularity), for it then to repeat the bigbang and form a new universe (creation). That's it in a nut shell, the difference between QCM, BC, BB are that BC and BB do not go into what caused the singularity, the bigbang, expansion, what caused existence. Instead they concentrate on the mechanisms and mechanics of it, which in itself does negate an agent behind mechanisms and mechanics. The QCM offers a model but also presents what was the cause and the author of the Quran presents himself (god) as the cause, by referring to such phenomena in such a fundamental way that a layman and a learned person can understand but the latter can delve deeper! The author if it is god does not require to give specifics such as equations or present scientific papers to make his point, all he has to do is make reference to fundamental scientific phenomena etc. Which by the way when revealed weren't fully understood but the Quran is prophecised to exist till end of time, so surly overtime it reveal new things and has revealed things and overtime science will keep backing it up and confirming it's claims and science is doing it today and has done in the past!

For those who claim science and religion don't mix, this is based on western Christian history, the rest of the world mix science and religion and Islam and science go hand in hand and always have as it's history shows and is acknowledged by western historians.

Apologies on my posts for spelling.....damn iPhone!

#48    Cybele

Cybele

Married to the Void

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

• Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

That's richness of Semitic languages and their depth. Just because you don't understand that depth, it's implications and impact, does mean it's a weakness. It's weakness in those who don't comprehend that such languages are far superior to English!

You see even if one word can have many meanings like the words in the Quran are Arabic and have many meanings. What separates it and is an amazing fact is that where words have more than one meaning, all meanings are relevant to it and it's context, implications, structure, placement, positioning, are spot on, that goes for every word in the Quran used and placed. It's perfection, beyond human capacity!

Sure, whatever. It also makes it easier to mislead others with regard to translated passages.

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

The author makes a reference to the most fundamental aspect of existence ie the universe, that it began, that all the matter, time, space etc began from a point when the heavens and earth constituting the universe vast space and that which exists within it were once one body united as a singularity, which was cleft asunder, ie was caused to explode so to speak and expand.

Oh but Lion, remember the video we discussed wherein it was pointed out that the singularity is the limit of the Big Bang Theory and our current observations about the universe. This is not universally accepted by scientists as the first and final "beginning of everything".

It's possible to take verses from any religious text dealing with creation and elaborate on them, adding words and interpretations not in the original work to make it sound as though they reflect our current understanding of cosmology.

The translations given in the earlier posts on this thread refer to "cleaving" and "rending asunder". These terms mean separating or splitting, not causing to expand, as the Big Bang Theory holds and as you assert above.

Edited by Cybele, 13 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#49    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostCybele, on 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Sure, whatever. It also makes it easier to mislead others with regard to translated passages.

No it does not, only amongst the ignorant or those who make no effort!

Oh but Lion, remember the video we discussed wherein it was pointed out that the singularity is the limit of the Big Bang Theory and our current observations about the universe. This is not universally accepted by scientists as the first and final "beginning of everything".

The beginning is fact whether the bigbang model is accepted it or not observations show that our universe began. What you forget is that video was flawed, because singularity is the limit if science and empirical data, QCM IS BASED ON THAT DATA, the scientist you refer to and the theories they propose deal with metaphysical stuff, ie beyond empirical data and science! That means if you believe on those you ate believing blindly because they don't even adhere to your own standards that you impose on the Quran and other things, they have no empirical proofs at all at least the bigbang is based on current empirical data ie it meets scientific and your standards yet you dismiss it for blind faith in some theory dealing with metaphysics? Irony!

It's possible to take verses from any religious text dealing with creation and elaborate on them, adding words and interpretations not in the original work to make it sound as though they reflect our current understanding of cosmology.

It is I agree, so now you make that statement and impose it on the Quran, all we ask is substantiate your claims don't just say things! Further scrutiny of the above statement will prove to you that no other text claim the things the Quran does. As for linguistic understanding, you dismiss it as though it's nothing yet you have nothing to counter due to linguistic deficiency!

The translations given in the earlier posts on this thread refer to "cleaving" and "rending asunder". These terms mean separating or splitting, not causing to expand, as the Big Bang Theory holds and as you assert above.

Something united is split and separation, expansion on the other hand is specifically mentioned in other verses but such is depth of language that the verse which refer to splitting etc those words also denote expanse too, linguistically and by virtue of context but that a side expansion of the universe etc is mentioned in other verses as are other cosmological phenomena!

#50    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Table Mountain - Cape Town - At The Junction Between The Two Seas - At The Cape Of Good Hope - South Africa

• Leading to A<->THEISM you do not know.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 13 November 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

thanks for answering my question i actually breathed reliaf when  saw first names of family tree called omar and abu baker
you see i have seen some propogenda that start legimate at first
then in middle of it by hiding lies beneath facts they  slip some shitties teaching
so in way the reader is not aware he'll take couple of lies while they are presented with some facts
that is the reason of my previous doubt just so you understand

now apart from that i think your topic is very interesting
and required alot of work and knowledge to get it done
on side note i don't think the topic is preaching at all
you have point .. you're trying to prove as long as you provide evidence to prove it it's not preaching
there is just some people would consider anything about islam is preaching when it's not bashing it
if it's not talking about how bad muslims they are and how cruel islam is they that unfortunatly in their book considered preaching
preaching in my opinion is trying to convert people to other religions
and so for i have not seen this thing from you and honestly i hope not to see it
coz it'll ruin the topic

i think you shouldn't get into those endless debates with them coz they are never based on anything
rather their own dislike or whatever it is to islam and the goal is to degrade the topic
so if you have point you think you can " prove it "  then go on with it

thanks for sharing those info and i'll keep an eye it

Thanks for your input 'Knight Of Shadows'. I will take your good advice. Always remind me when I should forget. Sometimes one can get entangled in the snares. Thanks for reading and being patient because that is what is needed for the subject. I need critical analysis with proper understanding. There are coming very interesting posts on this subject. The Qur'aan Cosmological Model is yet to begin.

y = mx + L

#51    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Location:Table Mountain - Cape Town - At The Junction Between The Two Seas - At The Cape Of Good Hope - South Africa

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 13 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Christian apologists have made similar arguments, if a verse is vague enough you can apply it to anything.

Fortuntely it does not apply to these two QCM verses. Did you not see how I have deconstructed them. Do those verses appear vague to you? How do they appear vague? We can discuss them if you wish. If you do not wish to discuss it to defend your assertion then I would conclude that you have lost the argument and have accepted that you did.
Well I do believe that the Bible contains the truth as well. That is what the Qur'aan says. If it did not then the Qur'aan would have been proven incorrect. We are dealing here with The Qur'aan Cosmological Model (QCM), so let us just deal with that now. Thanks otherwise for the input and I am waiting for your response.

y = mx + L

#52    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostCybele, on 13 November 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

I thought it was considered sacrilegious to translate the Quran into languages other than Arabic.

Your thoughts are correct. It cannot be translated. A translation is only an idea what the Qur'aan is saying. The Qur'aan makes the assertion that it contains all the Models of knowledge and that those Models explain everything in detail. But where are those Models? Knowledge on a high level is required to extract them as you will see at the end of the subject of this thread. You have seen nothing yet. Thanks otherwise for stating your thought.

y = mx + L

#53    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Heavens and the earth united as one single unit, means the sum if all matter ie the universe was once all joined to such a small density it is vitally equivalent zero. The verse does not refer to the age of the earth or universe. In context the author is making a passing reference to the beginning of existence ie the universe. The author (of the Quran) is not providing a scientific paper nor a thesis on the matter for you to expect specific details equations etc. The author makes a reference to the most fundamental aspect of existence ie the universe, that it began, that all the matter, time, space etc began from a point when the heavens and earth constituting the universe vast space and that which exists within it were once one body united as a singularity, which was cleft asunder, ie was caused to explode so to speak and expand. Hence why others verses clearly state that it is Allah who is expanding the heavens! Clearly when your limitations on the Quran are evident and you are dependent solely on the translations, your on a weaker footing to fully comprehend.....but try though :)

I love how the usual suspects are flocking to derail this thread. When they arrive they lack any critical thinking or analysis and offer only hollow points such as "this is preaching" or "this is flawed" or "this is vague"! Grow up, man up, grow a pair! Deconstruct his argument cause he has put in the effort to construct and argument, illustrated with detail, breakdown of language, root key words, transportations, translations, everything from non bias non Muslim sources and all you can muster in response are such remarks as the ones I mentioned earlier!

Come on people, be civilised, be honest, if you don't understand, ask! If you don't agree, say why and how, if you want to learn more, simply ask the man, but don't come on and try and derail the thread or throw mud or simply say this is flawed, without any substance to the statement!

The above is a general statement alien, not specifically directed at you mate.

:)

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Based on the BC theory, the universe began with the bigbang, it continues to expand, infect it's expanding faster and faster, that it will reach a point of limitation and collapse back on itself, pretty much like a scroll opening then rolling back on itself! An extension to theory which goes into quantum realms is the big bounce, followed by crunch the universe reverts to a singularity and then something would cause it to expand again and a new universe begins! these theories don't go into what causes the expansion, where did the first singularity come from etc etc these theories are based on empirical scientific data which can be interpreted to create such models of the universe.

The QCM states the universe was once united as a singularity, which was cleft asunder and made to expand (bigbang), it's early stages was dense cosmic smoke from which matter such as stars etc formed, it continues to expand, until it reaches it's limit, it will then collapse back on itself to it's original state (singularity), for it then to repeat the bigbang and form a new universe (creation). That's it in a nut shell, the difference between QCM, BC, BB are that BC and BB do not go into what caused the singularity, the bigbang, expansion, what caused existence. Instead they concentrate on the mechanisms and mechanics of it, which in itself does negate an agent behind mechanisms and mechanics. The QCM offers a model but also presents what was the cause and the author of the Quran presents himself (god) as the cause, by referring to such phenomena in such a fundamental way that a layman and a learned person can understand but the latter can delve deeper! The author if it is god does not require to give specifics such as equations or present scientific papers to make his point, all he has to do is make reference to fundamental scientific phenomena etc. Which by the way when revealed weren't fully understood but the Quran is prophecised to exist till end of time, so surly overtime it reveal new things and has revealed things and overtime science will keep backing it up and confirming it's claims and science is doing it today and has done in the past!

For those who claim science and religion don't mix, this is based on western Christian history, the rest of the world mix science and religion and Islam and science go hand in hand and always have as it's history shows and is acknowledged by western historians.

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

The beginning is fact whether the bigbang model is accepted it or not observations show that our universe began. What you forget is that video was flawed, because singularity is the limit if science and empirical data, QCM IS BASED ON THAT DATA, the scientist you refer to and the theories they propose deal with metaphysical stuff, ie beyond empirical data and science! That means if you believe on those you ate believing blindly because they don't even adhere to your own standards that you impose on the Quran and other things, they have no empirical proofs at all at least the bigbang is based on current empirical data ie it meets scientific and your standards yet you dismiss it for blind faith in some theory dealing with metaphysics? Irony!

It is I agree, so now you make that statement and impose it on the Quran, all we ask is substantiate your claims don't just say things! Further scrutiny of the above statement will prove to you that no other text claim the things the Quran does. As for linguistic understanding, you dismiss it as though it's nothing yet you have nothing to counter due to linguistic deficiency!

Something united is split and separation, expansion on the other hand is specifically mentioned in other verses but such is depth of language that the verse which refer to splitting etc those words also denote expanse too, linguistically and by virtue of context but that a side expansion of the universe etc is mentioned in other verses as are other cosmological phenomena!

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

View PostLion6969, on 13 November 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Thanks 'Lion6969' for all the valuable input. I think your continued input will enhance the CQM as we go further and deeper. That is what is needed. Further on we will see what the Qur'aan says about The Big Crunch, The Big Bounce, The Big Bang, and The Big Rip. The QCM goes into great details- including the size and temperature. It will be seen that the whole of Modern Cosmology is but a fraction of what is contained in the Qur'aan. The Qur'aan has a higher cosmology called The Qur'aan Metacosmogonical Model and one higher than that called The Qur'aan Metacosmological Model and beyond that lies The Hidden Book and beyond even that lies The UM (womb, mother, matrix) of The Hidden book.
I have discussed this subject on another forum from another angle and it received the most views and comments in the shortest time. I have not completed my discussions there but will do it here. This forum is very appealing. I hope to discuss other Qur'aan Models as well. Thanks again for the good input.

y = mx + L

#54    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postal-amiyr, on 13 November 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Fortuntely it does not apply to these two QCM verses. Did you not see how I have deconstructed them. Do those verses appear vague to you? How do they appear vague?
Because they lack specifics. If someone compared the sky to rolling up a scroll, would you know they are talking about? Not to mention even as an analogy it is wrong.

#55    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 13 November 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Because they lack specifics. If someone compared the sky to rolling up a scroll, would you know they are talking about? Not to mention even as an analogy it is wrong.

I did not yet get to the explanation and analysis of that verse. It is coming later in the day. But let me say something on the matter now. The Qur'aan is not speaking about a two-dimensional rolling up like a parchment here. It is speaking about the curvature of space-time. The universe is not going to come crushing down like a brick falling from the sky but it is going to possess angular momentum like a hurricane or spiral galaxy. The word used in the Qur'aan is Tawaa  which I am going to explain by consulting the great Arabic - English dictionary as compiled by Edward William Lane over 53 years prior to the discovery of the expansion of the universe by Edwin Hubble in 1929. Just be a little patient and you will be astounded as to how clear the Qur'aan is on the matter. Just remove from your soul all your preconceived notions. Stick to the scientific method without bias. We are all in search of what is the correct understanding of reality. Thanks so far for the input and I look forward to more.

y = mx + L

#56    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postal-amiyr, on 13 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

I did not yet get to the explanation and analysis of that verse. It is coming later in the day. But let me say something on the matter now. The Qur'aan is not speaking about a two-dimensional rolling up like a parchment here. It is speaking about the curvature of space-time.
Where does the Quran say this?
I'd love to see where the Quran mentions space-time curvature.

I bet it explains brain surgery too.

Edited by Rlyeh, 13 November 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#57    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 13 November 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Where does the Quran say this?
I'd love to see where the Quran mentions space-time curvature.

I bet it explains brain surgery too.

Thanks. I will get to it in more detail later. Not only does the Qur'aan speak about space-time curvature it also states why with all the equations as well. But we will get there. Someone in grade 1 must work his or her way to understand that of grade 12.

Yes it does explain the brain in great detail. My niece is now one of the best brain surgeons in the world. She is only 29 years and lecture in conferences all over the world. They made a special department for her at the hospital. She has already worked on more than thirty brains herself. I have been giving her much info about the Qur'aan and the Brain over many years. I can discuss this subject in great detail. But your asking appears more like making fun other than being truly truthful about the matter.

y = mx + L

#58    al-amiyr

al-amiyr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Must be read from post #1 #8 #9 #12 #19 #22 #23 #26 and #27.

Defining 'arD the second important Qur'aan Cosmological Model technical term.

Let us now analyze and define the second important Qur'aan Cosmological Model technical term ‘arD as is found in the great Arabic - English dictionary compiled by Edward William Lane over 53 years prior to the discovery of the expansion of the universe by Edwin Hubble in 1929.

What is the ‘arD?
As has been said before ‘arD is derived from the Arabic root verb meaning:-
- he or it became lowly or submissive.
- he or it became or rendered heavy, slow, sluggish, inclining, or propending, to the ground.
-it collected moisture, and became luxuriant with herbage
-it became soft to tread upon, pleasant to sit upon, productive, and good in its herbage or vegetation.
-the ulcer, or sore, became blistered, and wide, and corrupt, and dissundered.

As a noun:
with the definite article ‘the’ it has the following meanings:-
- the earth as opposed to heaven.
-the ground, as meaning the surface of the earth, on which we tread and sit and lie.
-the floor

without the definite article ‘the’ it has the following meanings:-
- a land, or a country.
- a piece of land or ground.
- anything that is low.

Let us analyze the meaning of the word ‘arD from the given definitions and present some statements from the Qur'aan.
When we study the Qur'aan we will see that the word‘arD appears about 461 times in the Qur'aan. When these verses are studied it will be seen that the word ‘arD is representative of an object that is surrounded by space or embedded in space or occupying space. It will further also be seen that the word ‘arD has a number of meanings which adequately describe a range of phenomena; from the stuff of which one's body is composed of; from the soil one can keep in one's hand; the plot of ground one lives upon;the land one lives in; the continent one is associated with; the planet one lives on; and all other planets and objects that clump and occupy space throughout the entire universe as well as all the mass of the universe when brought back together again as one entity called Ratqan .
From here it will be seen that the term ‘arD in addition to being an object occupying space is also the substance of which the physical object consists of. And above all it is the name of the unique planet called the 'arD (the Earth) where ALLAAH (GOD) let man (and woman) dwell to work the good work;then earn his (or her) reward;and then afterwards to be taken to the world of His Mercy and Promise before His Anger is unleashed over billions of years and the universe comes crushing down upon itself and upon all those who were left behind and denied the plea for the mercy to die. That is what is written in the Qur'aan.

The Qur'aan also says that the Earth has similarities to the seven samaawaat.There are the continents that are spreading apart like the expansion and there are the layers of the earth like the structure of the seven samaawaat. There are more similarities that can be discussed but they are not part of this presentation which is to prove our main point of the thread.
The Qur'aan 65:12
It is ALLAAH (God) who created the seven samaawaat, and of the ‘arD their like, between them the Command descending, that you may know that ALLAAH (God) is powerful over everything and that ALLAAH (God) encompasses everything in knowledge.

As we said before the Qur'aan contrasts ‘arD with samaa’ which are two opposing but complementary states of the universe: Matter verses Space; one inherently contractive and the other inherently expansive.

Below is a display of graphical illustrations for the Qur'aan Cosmological Model Technical Term 'arD

Posted Image

To be continued inshaa allaah (If God had willed).

y = mx + L

#59    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

View Postal-amiyr, on 13 November 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Thanks. I will get to it in more detail later. Not only does the Qur'aan speak about space-time curvature it also states why with all the equations as well. But we will get there. Someone in grade 1 must work his or her way to understand that of grade 12.
What is the verse for these equations?

Yes it does explain the brain in great detail. My niece is now one of the best brain surgeons in the world. She is only 29 years and lecture in conferences all over the world. They made a special department for her at the hospital. She has already worked on more than thirty brains herself. I have been giving her much info about the Qur'aan and the Brain over many years. I can discuss this subject in great detail. But your asking appears more like making fun other than being truly truthful about the matter.
Just from the Quran? That's amazaing. If I ever need to carve someone's brain up, I'll be sure to check the Quran first.

#60    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Heavens and the earth united as one single unit, means the sum if all matter ie the universe was once all joined to such a small density it is vitally equivalent zero. The verse does not refer to the age of the earth or universe. In context the author is making a passing reference to the beginning of existence ie the universe. The author (of the Quran) is not providing a scientific paper nor a thesis on the matter for you to expect specific details equations etc. The author makes a reference to the most fundamental aspect of existence ie the universe, that it began, that all the matter, time, space etc began from a point when the heavens and earth constituting the universe vast space and that which exists within it were once one body united as a singularity, which was cleft asunder, ie was caused to explode so to speak and expand. Hence why others verses clearly state that it is Allah who is expanding the heavens! Clearly when your limitations on the Quran are evident and you are dependent solely on the translations, your on a weaker footing to fully comprehend.....but try though :)
I just find it rather interesting that the purported creator of the universe could not dictate the processes of the universe's creation in explicit detail, but instead mislead Muhammad in saying that the earth had been compacted with the stars and heavens when absolutely nothing existed... not even stars, nor the earth... nothing. It just was just a very compacted space. In fact, Allah should be ashamed of himself for not explaining it properly, as it is very misleading.

Secondly, asunder does not mean to "explode"; it means to "break apart", not necessarily indicating an explosion. Though, like all verses, I suppose you can dissect and analyze any part that you wish, and attach any meaning that you wish to the definitions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users